• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 5:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1614 posts
1177 upvotes

Underarmour.ca now offering free returns thru mail

To those who shop online at Underarmour Canada, I just noticed a banner on the top of underarmour.ca's website that says "NEW: FREE RETURNS (24/7/365) ON ALL ORDERS + FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $75+ CDN"

Previously, unless due to an error on UA's part, the customer was responsible for return shipping costs. In the US returns were always free so it's nice they are finally offering prepaid return shipping labels to Canadians similar to Old Navy/GAP/BR.

If you click on their returns & exchanges link https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/custo ... -exchanges it says you have 60 days to return merchandise (in original condition with original receipt). If you fill out the form here https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/returns-label-form, it's supposed to generate a return shipping label for you.

Also interesting to note is under 'purchase location' in the returns label form, you can select

underarmour.ca
underarmour brand house
underarmour factory house
gift
other

so it *might* be possible to return UA items purchased in store thru the mail. Will update this post if someone has done it and confirm it to be true.
Always hungry ;)
7 replies
Nov 23, 2010
994 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
I was looking for other peoples experience and came across this thread.

Its been 30 days since my return was received by UA.CA and I still do not have a refund, or any other answer other then its "in progress"

If this is how shopping with UA.CA is, I highly recommend to NOT even bother shopping with them DESPITE free returns. I honestly dont know if I need to reach out to my credit card company now for a full refund.
Apr 29, 2006
16 posts
10 upvotes
Had the same experience a few months ago. After more than a month of 'in progress', it took a call to Under Armour to actually get the refund. Had to give the agent a bunch order/tracking numbers for them to actually track it down. Not a good experience overall.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1495 posts
647 upvotes
London
chillychin wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 10:54 pm
I was looking for other peoples experience and came across this thread.

Its been 30 days since my return was received by UA.CA and I still do not have a refund, or any other answer other then its "in progress"

If this is how shopping with UA.CA is, I highly recommend to NOT even bother shopping with them DESPITE free returns. I honestly dont know if I need to reach out to my credit card company now for a full refund.
30 days is far to long. cc company rules for charge backs are u need to wait 15 days from the date they got the stuff back.
Nov 23, 2010
994 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
aaron158 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 10:59 pm
30 days is far to long. cc company rules for charge backs are u need to wait 15 days from the date they got the stuff back.
Well I definitely meet the 15 days from date of receipt

Will be calling credit card company tomorrow.

I had an online chat with under armour, email exchange and about 4 phone calls so far to ask for progress......
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1495 posts
647 upvotes
London
chillychin wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 11:07 pm
Well I definitely meet the 15 days from date of receipt

Will be calling credit card company tomorrow.

I had an online chat with under armour, email exchange and about 4 phone calls so far to ask for progress......
make sure to have your tracking number with proof they got the stuff back handy and keep copies of any emails u have sent them. cc company many want copies.
Nov 23, 2010
994 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Just updating my experience that it hopefully can help others

Under Armour Canada free returns is a total joke.

Heres my entire story.

I ordered about 5 pairs of pants back on Oct 25. I would not have needed to buy 5 pairs if I could have found these pants in store. I looked at Sport Chek, Amazon and Sporting life and none of them had my size or color preference.

When I found out there was free returns with Under Armour I figured, what the hey - let me order from them directly and find my size and return the ones that dont fit.

Unfortunately when my order came, 2 pants happened to be different waist sizes even though they were labelled to be EXACTLY the same waist size and model.

So I had ordered two size 36 (for example), exact same pants just one was black the other one was gray. I tried on one pair, and it just felt a bit snug. Checking the pants, sure enough the waist was about 1 inch smaller on one then the other. So literally though both were labelled size 36, it was more of a size 35 and 36. I had another pair of pants (same make/model just different color) that also had the same issue. So for 2 out of 5 of the pants I ordered were just totally weird sizing even though they were the same size, just different color.

I opened up 4 pairs of pants and the last pair I didnt even bother. At this point I just returned the whole order.

As per the requirements, I created a pre paid shipping label and mailed it back to them. They signed and took delivery as of Nov 15.

I started calling about last week, as I waited for their "10-14 day processing time from date of receipt". Spoke to them a number a times via call, email, online chat and everytime I was told the same thing. Its "in progress".

Though to note, this is the most infuriating part.

I thought I would give them one last chance, and I tried calling them again. Same run around, its "in progress". I told them I want to speak to someone in Canada, as I noticed EVERY time I called in I was ALWAYS getting their Baltimore head office. They said they have no way of directly interacting with the Canada warehouse and can not tell me whats going on. All the CSR's agreed it was really weird the return was taking so long (30 business days as of this Friday from date of receipt).

I told them it makes no sense that they cant some how contact the Canadian warehouse to figure out whats going on. They just said that all they can do is email the operations team and "hopefully they get a reply". I told them that Im getting a bit frustrated with this entire process and was told "well you can keep calling us to get an update".........

So bottom line, if you buy something from their website. I pray to god that you get the correct size and are happy with the item. As if you want to return it, god knows when you will get your money back.

I actually bought a pair of underwear from them recently too, and it came in basically a ziploc plastic bag.........I was at least hoping the bag would be SEALED or in a sealed box.....nope......And the underwear also has one leg longer then the other (these are boxers). Given the nightmare of a return process, Im just going to suck it up and just keep this pair of underwear since no one will see it except the wife.

I really like Under Armour stuff. But come on, their QA for their clothing is horrible, and their refund/return process is even worse. I highly recommend buying IN STORE vs online as they just seem to be horrible at refunds. It mind as well be final sale if you buy online from them.

Free return shipping? Not worth the hassle.
Sep 8, 2014
442 posts
1165 upvotes
My "free return" took forever also. I previously ordered a loose tank top in large and it was a bit snug but I did keep it. On my next order, I ordered an XL loose tank and I was swimming in it. My nipples actually showed because it was so loose. I returned it as per instructions and 2 weeks passed after tracking showed they received it. I finally called and they saw that they received it but no refund. He thought it was "weird" that the refund wasnt processed. Seems as though they do this on purpose hoping people will forget and they get away with a free sale without giving up any merchandise. The refund did finally show up in another week or so. 21 days for a refund with a reminder phone call.
I find their sizing to be all over the place. Secondly, I find their crotch on pants and shorts unnecessarily huge. I own dozens of shorts and sweats from Nike Abercrombie and Under Armour and the crotch on the Under armour sweats sags half way to my knees.