Underwear showing & pants about-to-fall-off look

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 12:08 am
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4003 posts
556 upvotes
Aurora
I've seen this ridiculous look. Mainly from those under 20 (but there are exceptions).

Low, ass-cheek constricting jeans. Check.
High boxer underwear (multi-colour preferred). Check.
Backwards baseball cap. Check.
Optional/Alternative. Backwards sunglasses. Check.
Optional. Fake gangsta limp. Check.

I'm sure it gets the chicks every time.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17015 posts
1876 upvotes
GTA West
I thought it originated in prisons, where guys were not permitted to wear belts since they could be used as weapons or for self harm.
Then it made its way into rappers and then to the general public.

I remember in the 90s seeing guys with those jeans that had the pockets sewn on really low, to simulate the sagger look, whilst not really being authentic.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25869 posts
2877 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
You can actually buy jeans with the underwear sewn into the pants

I always thought it was a dumb look. Your ass ends up where your knees are.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7548 posts
1000 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 7:20 pm
You can actually buy jeans with the underwear sewn into the pants

I always thought it was a dumb look. Your ass ends up where your knees are.
Man, that's so nasty, esp w/ our climate.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2337 posts
151 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 6:52 pm
I thought it originated in prisons, where guys were not permitted to wear belts since they could be used as weapons or for self harm.
Then it made its way into rappers and then to the general public.

I remember in the 90s seeing guys with those jeans that had the pockets sewn on really low, to simulate the sagger look, whilst not really being authentic.
Yea, that's what I heard.

Man I remember this tread back in my early days of high school. I came pretty close getting into this trend of wearing baggy jeans and what not. Thank god I didn't take it too far cuz looking back it was a pretty embarrassing style to get into. Neither my personality or look mish-mashed very well so I dropped it off quick.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10085 posts
910 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
You still it today... the trend has always been there. Go anywhere considered ghetto/low income and bound to come across a few every... single... day... Point blank.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10085 posts
910 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
From Wiki... term is called "sagging" or sagging pants to reveal underwear often boxer shorts.

The style was popularized by skaters and hip-hop artists in the 1990s.[5][6] It later became a symbol of freedom and cultural awareness among some youths[7] or a symbol of their rejection of the values of mainstream society.[8]

It is often claimed the style originated from the United States prison system where belts are sometimes prohibited Many male inmates in prisons advertised sex for sale by "sagging" their pants.[9] and there can be a lack of appropriately sized clothing.[5][10]

"Saggers" in prison.

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Oct 14, 2015
199 posts
65 upvotes
Markham, ON
Holystone wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 3:22 pm
Is it only me who has noticed this but there is a certain race of youngsters where this "fashion" is more prevalent.
Bieber rocks it still all the time...not sure what his ethnic background is, he just looks Caucasian to me
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25869 posts
2877 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Xfiles wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 1:46 am
Bieber rocks it still all the time...not sure what his ethnic background is, he just looks Caucasian to me
I think the race of youngsters that like this look is a visible minority.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1437 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
How is it 2017 and this is still a discussion. I'm sure 50% of guys did it at least one point back in highschool and are now working 100k jobs
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Aug 15, 2015
155 posts
24 upvotes
Markham, ON
Usually, the guys I see in this type of fashion are on the wider side. Perhaps they lost weight but not enough to justify a new pair of pants. Just in case they grow sideways again.

It's pretty funny to see their very worn christmas green checker boxers sticking out as their pants fall halfway down their buttocks while they are going downhill on a bicycle. I prefer this look over seeing butt cracks. I do not have this in photos because this happened maybe two decades ago? Obviously, I know the guy but we are not friends. I won't recognize him now.

A belt is a great accessory and a great gift. You're welcome!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7548 posts
1000 upvotes
Toronto
So this look originated from basically male hookers in prison...and some ppl wanna emulate that look? Smh.