Automotive

Unhaggle.com? Way of purchasing cars without haggling? Reviews?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2016 3:23 pm
Tags:
None
144 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1288 posts
103 upvotes
anyone chance to get a lower price for unhaggle...

hukhuk...

i suck.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
6792 posts
1673 upvotes
Financial District B…
They are just a broker, you pay them $47 one time fee then an additional admin fee to them when you buy your car. Its what they call "charge a small fee for our service"

You gotta pay them that $47 plus a non-refundable deposit and then you have to hope that you like the price they give you for the car you've selected.

Thou their intentions are good, auto brokers pretty well died when GECapital got out of the auto brokerage business and when the APA was formed.
Besides that, seems all the people behind this are all investment advisers with little auto industry knowledge. They would have to be able to acquire each and every new car at dead nuts cost to make it worthwhile. But since they can't, they will just end up like all the other brokers. Gone
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP
forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
10777 posts
787 upvotes
Richmond Hill
100% Satisfaction Guarantee

There are no catches or exceptions. This is our promise to you.

At Unhaggle, your satisfaction is our top priority. Your business and trust is something we want to earn. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your Unhaggle experience, simply call us at xxxxxxxx or toll-free at xxxxxxxxxx and we will promptly issue you a refund on your $47 fee.
Is this a joke? What guarantee do they offer. This language promises nothing. It sounds like a scam to me.
Do your own work, and you'll be glad you did.
Don't argue with THEM, get EVEN!! ;) :D

RFD's member NewEgg experience
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2011
3619 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Hi everyone, I’m Neal from Unhaggle. I just wanted to clarify any concerns here.

@mikeymike1:
We actually don’t do any negotiating on our customers’ behalf, so we are not technically an auto broker in the traditional sense. Rather, we’ve created a marketplace where dealers respond to your requests with competitive offers, knowing that you are a serious buyer and they are competing with other local dealers. They know they need to put their best foot forward in order to win your business.

We don’t ask for the deposit (which is actually fully credited to the purchase price of your vehicle) until after you have a chance to see all the offers that come back from dealers, so you can get comfort with the pricing. Since dealers will need to hold the vehicle for you, this gives them a little comfort that they’re not holding it for nothing and losing out on other potential sales. The people who have used Unhaggle so far have found that this method worked well enough for them to buy, and the dealers treated them with courtesy and respect.

@eldiablo
The language regarding our satisfaction guarantee means exactly what we say. If for any reasons our customers are not fully satisfied, then we feel we don’t deserve your hard earned dollar. I’m not sure why you think it may be disingenuous, but I’d be open to your suggestions on how to better communicate this. Feel free to give me a call if you’d like to chat, our number here is 416-479-3544.

Regards,

Neal Shah
Co-Founder, Unhaggle Inc.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19719 posts
1472 upvotes
LOL looks like they will unhaggle you on any car you want as long as it's a Japanese or Korean nameplate.

If you want a German, American, Swedish, or British branded car, looks like you are still haggling...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
6792 posts
1673 upvotes
Financial District B…
unhaggle wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 12:20 pm
Hi everyone, I’m Neal from Unhaggle. I just wanted to clarify any concerns here.

@mikeymike1:
We actually don’t do any negotiating on our customers’ behalf, so we are not technically an auto broker in the traditional sense. Rather, we’ve created a marketplace where dealers respond to your requests with competitive offers, knowing that you are a serious buyer and they are competing with other local dealers. They know they need to put their best foot forward in order to win your business.

Regards,

Neal Shah
Co-Founder, Unhaggle Inc.

Well unfortunately i'm going to really disagree and challenge you on this one.
You are acting as an 'agent' for a principal (customer) in helping them acquire/purchase a consumer product/goods/services for a commission(nominal fee, or in your case as outline on your website - charge a small fee for our service)
The facts are you capture automotive buyers through your website or other POP resources and utilize them as leads to negotiate tenders from different suppliers. You may not necessarily negotiate the pricing of the vehicle as you have said but you are indeed directly involved in-line to the sales process.
How you wish to describe your operation is up to you but in reality you really are a 'middleman' and/or agent that charges a fee/commission for your service. The fact that your business is directly involved and participating in the sales process of a motor vehicle puts you in the category of a broker.

With all that being said, (use this only as an advisory) I don't happen to see that Unhaggle holds an active OMVIC dealers license(unless you're operating as a ##Ont Inc.) You should know that any organization or business that assists or that is directly in communications (verbal or written) in the sales process of a motor vehicle must be licensed under the laws and rules of the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act.
Yet I do see one of the principles of your company does hold an active OMVIC salesperson license (Tor Mazda) the rest of you don't.
You may wish to get your lawyers to look into the matter. Hate to see you guys get into any issues later down the road. If this has already been done then just ignore this last paragraph.

cheers

lastly, whats your "charge a small fee for our service?"
1%? half a percent? a couple hundred over price quotes?
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP
forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Aug 9, 2010
201 posts
9 upvotes
Ontario
It seems like the whole premise behind this is that you are immediatly assuming and trusting that the dealer is making you a competitive price right of the bat (correct me if im wrong, ive never actually used this service). I can't see that ever happening.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
3450 posts
99 upvotes
How are you any different to CarCostCanada?

I pay $60 to CCC, and I get to know the cost of the car and dealers will contact me.

I pay you $47 and then I have to give a deposit? Am I giving a deposit only under the condition I accept one of their offers?

I understand where you're really making money is selling leads to dealerships, but I don't see how what you're doing creates value - all your testimonials I can walk into any dealer of that particular brand and get the car at invoice.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2011
3619 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for all of the interest guys. j420 and CatDog, please check out this video here which should answer your questions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAqY2SCJB9I

If you would like clarification on anything further, please feel free to give us a call. We're always happy to chat.
Mar 13, 2009
477 posts
56 upvotes
Thornhill
CatDog wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 7:56 pm
How are you any different to CarCostCanada?

I pay $60 to CCC, and I get to know the cost of the car and dealers will contact me.

I pay you $47 and then I have to give a deposit? Am I giving a deposit only under the condition I accept one of their offers?

I understand where you're really making money is selling leads to dealerships, but I don't see how what you're doing creates value - all your testimonials I can walk into any dealer of that particular brand and get the car at invoice.
CCC doesn't give you a firm quote, just dealer invoice prices. I think this service is more similar to APA which gives you a firm quote from APA dealer. The difference is that unhaggle give you few quotes and you can choose. If I understand correctly, the deposit up to $250 is required only if you accept one of the quotes. Sounds fair to me.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2005
2248 posts
260 upvotes
What's so difficult to understand?

I want a car with x options. I pay Unhaggle.com $47 and local dealers send me offers. If I choose to accept, I pay a deposit online to the dealer. If not, I've only lost $47.
2016 Cadillac ATS-V, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Premium, 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6, 2016 Camaro SS, 2007 Cadillac SRX, 2015 Z06
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
3450 posts
99 upvotes
wrote:CCC doesn't give you a firm quote, just dealer invoice prices.
Dealers contact you knowing that you have the invoice cost. Therefore their offers should be competitive.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
10777 posts
787 upvotes
Richmond Hill
unhaggle wrote:
Apr 6th, 2011 8:09 pm
If you would like clarification on anything further, please feel free to give us a call. We're always happy to chat.
do you have any feedback from your current customers?
Don't argue with THEM, get EVEN!! ;) :D

RFD's member NewEgg experience
× < >