Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Uni-ball VISION ELITE Rollerball Pen Micro-0.5mm, 12pak BLK - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2017 1:29 pm
Aug 14, 2014
156 posts
84 upvotes
What is wrong with me... I use a pen maybe once a week to write a number down when not at work and I want to buy 2-3 packs of this just because I dont want to miss the deal, what has RFD done to me
Aug 7, 2015
55 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary, AB
getdadeal wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 1:26 pm
bought one box. Those two who downvote this thread seriously need to go see doctors
Your doctor may well be using one of these when you see them!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26151 posts
6049 upvotes
GTHA
McGarnagle wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 1:38 pm
Uni ball Insights are basically the same pen, and are 4 for $4 at dollarama
Thanks, will check my local Dollarama.

Which location(s) have them?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2344 posts
1026 upvotes
Calgary
Carbo wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 2:02 pm
Prefer the 0.8mm, but thanks for highlighting a good deal OP (no pun intended)
me too. I like bolder lines rather than the .5mm fine tip in these but as the adage goes.....Beggars Can't Be Choosers (or rather CHEAPSKATES in my case). I'm in the retail biz & pens are one commodity that goes MIA too often. I hate writing with cheap garbage pens so I try to stock up when deals comes up for good disposables.
Aug 16, 2015
215 posts
36 upvotes
Ajax, ON
I'm in the same boat haha just bought 2 decent pens recently after seeing the discount on these and the value I told myself "this will last me the whole year, maybe next year as well" and purchased. This only started since I began using RFD.
Jan 17, 2015
44 posts
20 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
High school basketball season going to start in less than two months. Gonna need some of these for those game sheets because every pen available at my high school always never seem to work...
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1422 posts
364 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Are these pens prone to exploding?

I wear scrubs and find that almost every pen I put in my pant pocket ends up exploding maybe due to constant walking and friction or hot temperature.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2344 posts
1026 upvotes
Calgary
flyingnurse wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 4:39 pm
Are these pens prone to exploding?

I wear scrubs and find that almost every pen I put in my pant pocket ends up exploding maybe due to constant walking and friction or hot temperature.
don't know about exploding pens (mainly coz I've never had a ballpoint explode on me - leak maybe but never explode Astonished Face) but these Vision Elites are one of the few Uni-ball pens that have airplane-safe barrels that won't leak due to changes in cabin pressure. if changes in pressure wont affect it (I'm thinking within reason ofcos), then changes in temp (which basically affects pressure) wont affect it as well.

not so sure about friction rubs on pens but I'm betting there's quite of leakage on non-pen rub & tugs Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes. just kiddin ofcos
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1992 posts
1391 upvotes
Mordor
scotsum wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 5:03 pm
don't know about exploding pens (mainly coz I've never had a ballpoint explode on me - leak maybe but never explode Astonished Face) but these Vision Elites are one of the few Uni-ball pens that have airplane-safe barrels that won't leak due to changes in cabin pressure. if changes in pressure wont affect it (I'm thinking within reason ofcos), then changes in temp (which basically affects pressure) wont affect it as well.

not so sure about friction rubs on pens but I'm betting there's quite of leakage on non-pen rub & tugs Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes. just kiddin ofcos
:twisted:
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1422 posts
364 upvotes
Brampton, ON
scotsum wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 5:03 pm

Maybe explode is not the right word. What is mean is that when I grab a pen out of my pocket I can see that the ink is no longer all the way at the bottom of the pen near the tip. Some of it has come back up and out of the ink disclose thing. I can see it on the end of the pen cap and that area.
Sep 16, 2013
85 posts
23 upvotes
SW ON
If I subscribe now and when the time comes to ship (say in 2-3 weeks) the price increases, what price will I be charged? Anybody knows?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26151 posts
6049 upvotes
GTHA
alpovs wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 5:33 pm
If I subscribe now and when the time comes to ship (say in 2-3 weeks) the price increases, what price will I be charged? Anybody knows?
The increased price

Read @lcmt post in thread https://forums.redflagdeals.com/caveat- ... e-2119373/

Amazon asked us to point out that when signing up, customers must click through a prompt explaining that "Subscribe & Save" prices can change from delivery to delivery. What's more, "We also email customers ten days before every recurring subscription delivery to let them know their order is being filled and we call out the current price of the item and the price from their last delivery, giving them the chance to skip or change the order if they want
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
1809 posts
1049 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tk1000 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 5:37 pm
The increased price

Read @lcmt post in thread https://forums.redflagdeals.com/caveat- ... e-2119373/

Amazon asked us to point out that when signing up, customers must click through a prompt explaining that "Subscribe & Save" prices can change from delivery to delivery. What's more, "We also email customers ten days before every recurring subscription delivery to let them know their order is being filled and we call out the current price of the item and the price from their last delivery, giving them the chance to skip or change the order if they want
Weird, did this change recently? I've always had the first delivery be the price it is when I subscribed (even if the item is temp OOS).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)