• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2017 8:02 am
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
hordosr wrote: have got a $10 gc to use so might try it on this
According to Twitter, many Starbucks outlets are already out of the ingredients.

Does it taste anything like the tangy sourness of an American Hershey bar? I wonder if that was part of the logic for only having the Unicorn shake in North America.

Not sure why people are getting anything above a "Tall" size. The bigger versions aren't prettier. A Tall has about the same sugar content as a can of Coke. More fat though because of the milk and cream.

"The taste reminds me of a unicorn". :)
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6254 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
This drink is what's wrong with society today.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote: According to Twitter, many Starbucks outlets are already out of the ingredients.
The one I go to sold out the first day. They sold 100 in an hour at one point.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2173 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
I went to a SB today and they had all the ingredients, pink and blue powers, mango syrups and then I saw a young girl getting one and she was videoing the whole experience on her phone.

Never in a million years would I order this and in a couple of weeks they should have their Summer 1 promotion, hopefully something there looks appealing.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
The key is to avoid shopping malls and Major streets (ie Bloor street in Toronto)
The lesser known locations will most likely not be sold out.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
I tried it and now I am shooting out rainbows left and right. My wife is not happy cleaning our bathroom.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Tried two Starbucks and both sold out.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
2173 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: Tried two Starbucks and both sold out.
Eglinton/Laird had lots of the ingredients left when I was there today.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: I tried it and now I am shooting out rainbows left and right. My wife is not happy cleaning our bathroom.
It's exactly stories like these that take the media by storm:

Halloween Whopper, green poo http://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-burge ... dd-effect/
Peeps Oreo, pink poo http://abc7ny.com/food/new-peeps-flavor ... k/1786913/

I knew whoever came up with a food that made your poo twinkle was gonna kill it.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
iJustine's take:

Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Now that Starbucks is no longer selling the Unicorn Frap, the craze has moved over to Do it Yourself. Apparently, the recepe does call for milk chocolate for the sour/tangy bit. Hmm.

Before you dismis this kid's video, note that she has 400,000 YouTube subscribers! Made me laugh at the end.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3165 posts
232 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
MonctonMan wrote: Now that Starbucks is no longer selling the Unicorn Frap, the craze has moved over to Do it Yourself. Apparently, the recepe does call for milk chocolate for the sour/tangy bit. Hmm.

Before you dismis this kid's video, note that she has 400,000 YouTube subscribers! Made me laugh at the end.
She has 400K subscribers?! What is this world coming to :/
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2015
1999 posts
158 upvotes
Wood Bridge
people are still craving this so called unicorn frap? let it die already
Thanks
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Stronzo1 wrote: people are still craving this so called unicorn frap? let it die already
I read that as unicorn crap.
It's actually kind of fitting. It's probably what a unicorn would crap.

Or maybe this:
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
MOVE OVER Unicorn Frappuccino!
The latest Starbucks craze is the Dragon Frap now:

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Or...how about a Midnight mint Mocha instead? (I'm not sure if this is also a short term menu item, or all summer...)

Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
A Tall Mocha Magic crème has 250mg of sodium compared to "only" 50mg for a Tim Hortons Ice Cap! I always take my Ice Cap with chocolate milk instead of cream. That's great for reducing fat, but it presumably increases the sugar above the 33g of the cream version. (A can of Coke has 39g of sugar, but obviously no fat).

Tim's small Ice Cap has 90 mg of caffeine compare to 0mg for the Mocha Magic. The Java Chip frap has 75 mg of caffeine, but is still quite high in sodium at 190mg for a Tall (354ml).

Sources: Starbucks iOS app & http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/iced-capp.php