None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
4792 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto

"Union-bashing"

How can a thread be locked for "union-bashing" when discussing a new CBA that was negotiated? We're only allowed to post positive things about the TTC and unions? :facepalm:

ttc-workers-awarded-6-raise-over-3-year ... 1185773/2/

It's one thing to ban political talk. I never said anything political in that thread and reported a post that brought up politics. Yet, the thread was locked because the mod (AcidBombder) thought that I was "union-bashing". Yet we have other threads discussing the TTC. Why is it only threads that have a viewpoint that agree with the mods' are allowed to stay open? If you have a dissenting view, your thread will be locked. :facepalm:
Share:
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
969 upvotes
Niagara Falls
off-topic/announcement-complete-forum-r ... -2011.html

[QUOTE]Respect the Moderators

- Our Moderators are all volunteers users. They do it out of the love of the site. You can not do the following:
- disrespect or be a jerk towards them, call them out on the site, leave taunting or inciting posts directed at the mod.

Escalation Process

- If you would like to clarify, get more information or challenge a post removal/edit or thread removal or closure, please PM the mod that did the action. (If you do not want to communicate with them, then you can PM oranr)
- If you do not agree with the mods explanation, then you can PM oranr
[/QUOTE]
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
May 27, 2007
15683 posts
3098 upvotes
Toronto
DearSummer wrote:
Jun 5th, 2012 10:59 am
How can a thread be locked for "union-bashing" when discussing a new CBA that was negotiated? We're only allowed to post positive things about the TTC and unions? :facepalm:

ttc-workers-awarded-6-raise-over-3-year ... 1185773/2/

It's one thing to ban political talk. I never said anything political in that thread and reported a post that brought up politics. Yet, the thread was locked because the mod (AcidBombder) thought that I was "union-bashing". Yet we have other threads discussing the TTC. Why is it only threads that have a viewpoint that agree with the mods' are allowed to stay open? If you have a dissenting view, your thread will be locked. :facepalm:

DearSummer, let me elaborate - your thread was locked for flamebaiting union bashing (aka politics) - just look at all your pretty bolded points in OP, as well as your subsequent reply.
Hard to have a civil discussion when you start by shoving your "agenda" (don't really want to use this word, but can't think of anything better at the moment) in other users faces.

Not to mention the thread would have been locked for politics shortly.

PS: Since you asked, I hold a neutral stance. I don't love or hate unions. It's a part of society and I live with it.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
4792 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
AcidBomber wrote:
Jun 5th, 2012 11:10 am
DearSummer, let me elaborate - your thread was locked for flamebaiting union bashing (aka politics) - just look at all your pretty bolded points in OP, as well as your subsequent reply.
Hard to have a civil discussion when you start by shoving your "agenda" (don't really want to use this word, but can't think of anything better at the moment) in other users faces.

Not to mention the thread would have been locked for politics shortly.

PS: Since you asked, I hold a neutral stance. I don't love or hate unions. It's a part of society and I live with it.

I bolded the salient points, aka the results of the negotiation. How is me saying that the raises are wasting taxpayer money "political". Is it political to say the LRT should be built above or below ground? Is it political to argue about music royalties and whether they are fair or not?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
:!: Answer given
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD