Uniqlo coming to toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2017 12:01 am
Tags:
None
Mar 8, 2008
4 posts
North York, Toronto
can anyone confirm if there are still unreasonably long lineups?
Apr 17, 2013
780 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
bawler27 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2016 3:54 am
Eh, probably not. Just wait a few more weeks and it will be dead like any other mall store. I may be working DT on Friday, I'll update you
PSN - Meditech82
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4436 posts
150 upvotes
bawler27 wrote:
I went yesterday night (Wednesday) at about 8 and they made people lineup (approximately 20 people, not much) still even though there seemed to be enough room for everyone that was waiting in line to get in. I asked why, they said simply because of the high amount of traffic and needing to follow fire code. I waited for only about 5 minutes and then they let all of us in line just get in. The line to pay wasn't bad for upstairs, but definitely a longer line for the downstairs cashiers.

Pricing seems alright, but I'm sad they don't have ANY short-sleeve polos. Yes, I realize it's fall now but still, disappointed since the polos I have from them previously are my favourite and the best fitting ones I own. I would have thought they'd still carry it during this season or all year around since it's a simple basic item but I guess not. The NYC store has like an entire wall dedicated to polos with all colours though of course I realize this isn't the same store. Also, if anyone is into their Disney t-shirts, they're also unavailable right now. One cashier said the rumour is that they'll bring both of those things here in March. Ended up only getting a simple v-neck tee but will go back in a couple weeks perhaps to get some more stuff like chinos.

I'm glad they'll have a store further north opening in just over 2 weeks at Yorkdale so it will be easier for me to get to than having to go all the way downtown. However, it'll be smaller than the Eaton Centre location and I absolutely hate the traffic (in the mall and its surrounding areas) and parking at Yorkdale.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1250 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Canada_7 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2016 2:57 pm
bawler27 wrote:
I'm glad they'll have a store further north opening in just over 2 weeks at Yorkdale so it will be easier for me to get to than having to go all the way downtown. However, it'll be smaller than the Eaton Centre location and I absolutely hate the traffic (in the mall and its surrounding areas) and parking at Yorkdale.
Like you I'm eagerly waiting for the Yorkdale Uniqlo opening. I don't believe the crowd will be bad at Yorkdale. It's a totally different demographic and my sizes (xs/s) won't sell out as fast as the Eaton centre one. I bought a bunch on Saturday then went back on monday for more colours and many seemed sold out. Let's just say Uniqlo better make sure they have enough larger sizes for Yorkdale shoppers.
"Life is short, running makes it seem longer."
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Dogs aren't our whole lives......they just make our lives whole.
[INDENT]RIP My sweet angel 94-12[/INDENT]
Aug 23, 2013
573 posts
164 upvotes
EdT586 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2016 3:52 pm
You probably can find better selection and sizes on their online store instead !
They don't have an online store for Canadians?
Mar 5, 2008
340 posts
30 upvotes
i thought the lineup outside the store was for like free food or something, but when i tried to walk around to go into the store i realized that it was to go inside.

i went home, it can't be that serious
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3356 posts
4310 upvotes
Ontario
The Yorkdale store is opening on Oct.18. I'd think that the online store will follow the opening so as to meet the pent-up Canadian shoppers' demands to buy online.
Surfing 2017.😎 Summer contest slump.
Aug 23, 2013
573 posts
164 upvotes
Ciel wrote:
Oct 11th, 2016 7:31 pm
The Yorkdale store is opening on Oct.18. I'd think that the online store will follow the opening so as to meet the pent-up Canadian shoppers' demands to buy online.
This would be great news if that happens.

I have yet to drop by the store at Eaton's Center, so I have no clue if there are good deals like people say they have.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3356 posts
4310 upvotes
Ontario
From the Twitter account:
Uniqlo_Canada ‏@Uniqlo_Canada · 46m46 minutes ago

First 300 customers who line up at our @YorkdaleStyle opening on Oct. 20 will receive a special limited edition tote bag. #UNIQLOCanada
That is 200 fewer than the Eaton Centre store opening. Snooze, you lose out on the tote!

Not sure why the date is Oct. 20 for the opening, rather the Oct.18 date I had initially posted. Checking Yorkdale's site (Nordstrom is opening around the same time):

The mall's Facebook page says Oct. 20. https://www.facebook.com/Yorkdale
Surfing 2017.😎 Summer contest slump.
Nov 25, 2007
912 posts
1236 upvotes
Toronto
How are the prices? I heard prices are better in Asia/ US vs here.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23272 posts
1059 upvotes
Markham, ON
k_jai wrote:
Oct 13th, 2016 2:27 pm
have to protect themselves due to fluctuating currency and protecting profits for shareholders....all companies do this...
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13907 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
bawler27 wrote:
It's highly variable. When I got to the mall last Saturday the entire area in front of the store was packed with people, so the gf and I went to Nordstrom's to browse around. When we came out about half an hour later there was nobody at all. We just walked right into the store like normal without waiting. When we left Uniqlo the line was back though.
k_jai wrote:
Oct 13th, 2016 2:27 pm
I've never been to Asia, but the prices are comparable to the NYC store adjusted for the Canadian dollar. For index items, a down vest is $50 and a basic packaged white T-shirt is $10.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)