302 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[United.ca] YVR/YYC/YYZ-PPT Tahiti 1 stop United for C$11xx / 12xx /13xx

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
United.ca
More offers from United.ca
United just published a today only award promo for as low as 42K UA miles (regular 70K) + $57 USD RT to Tahiti, or 56K miles if you have no UA CC or premier status.
It seems they also have some amazing cash fares for those mid-week dates between March to May from Vancouver/Calgary/Toronto (plus a few other cities served by UA/AC), with one stop in SFO.

Surprisingly, it is cheaper to book as two separate one-ways than return.
From YYZ, the way out is C$8xx. (good candidate to burn miles for it. 35K UA miles, or 45K aeroplan miles +C$86 taxes). The way back is only C$5xx.
From SFO, the direct flight can be had for about US$630 return.

Of course, hotels etc at Tahiti and Bora Bora won't be cheap, but at least you save almost half on flights.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7991 posts
3158 upvotes
Toronto
Idk, seems so damn expensive... Tahiti is freaking nice tho, I have to visit one day
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1896 posts
795 upvotes
HK
Great find OP.

Tahiti is a great alternative to those who don’t want to travel all the way to the Maldives.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2119 posts
780 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
I'm surprised UA is offering the Canada add-ons so cheap unless they are desperate. There are currently 4 airlines flying California to Tahiti with United having French Bee operating an A350-900 3x weekly as its main non-stop competition (SFO-PPT is a new route for both). I bought LAX-PPT on AF because I need the miles but the ticket would have been cheaper ex-SFO (SFO-LAX-PPT).
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Mar 13, 2012
868 posts
431 upvotes
Near You
Careful, don't get reaccomodated off the airplane.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Jun 29, 2008
303 posts
79 upvotes
McKinsey wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:21 am
Great find OP.

Tahiti is a great alternative to those who don’t want to travel all the way to the Maldives.
More options in Maldives + All-Inclusive is an option

Tahiti is expensive AF with only a few hotels to really choose phone

Great price on airfare.. Is United Airlines still only flying seasonal to PPT?.. Flights only available to May