• Jul 13th, 2017 12:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Raggie wrote: Are you sure its in CAD? Fine print says USD.
I meant I can just pay Canadian now as opposed to US later. We go in April so it's time to decide.

I think we settled on 2 days Disney and 3 universal.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
hyperactiveme wrote: I meant I can just pay Canadian now as opposed to US later. We go in April so it's time to decide.

I think we settled on 2 days Disney and 3 universal.
Does that price include the Harry Potter rides? I thought the park-to-park tickets did, which are much more expensive.

I hope Universal will still have the get one day free offer available in July.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
As far as I can tell. I haven't ordered yet. Calling/stopping by tomorrow.

Not sure why it wouldn't include Harry Potter?
Oct 5, 2010
610 posts
933 upvotes
For the new Harry Potter train ride at Universal you need to get the park hopper.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
d60 wrote: For the new Harry Potter train ride at Universal you need to get the park hopper.
Total BS. That's an extra $50 per ticket.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
Same question as op
Heading down in September and looking for any deals on tickets as our dollar is in the toilet right now
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
Universals rides are more for older kid/teens. I would do 3 disney. It might be better to wait until after summer to see if there is any ticket deals.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Going to Universal this winter... what are the best deals currently - still CAA?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
kool1 wrote: Going to Universal this winter... what are the best deals currently - still CAA?
Try:

loveorlandotickets.ca

They have better deals.

Prices are in Canadian dollars, and they tend to have good deals. Just be careful, when you click on the Universal deal you want make sure to select 2017 for your date (it has a tab for 2016 and 2017).

Also, some price combinations are weird. For example, if you just want regular tickets (not park to park access), the 4 day ticket is cheaper than the 3 day ticket lol. 3 day ticket is $300 Canadian, the 4 day ticket is $292 Canadian. This isn't the case with the park to park access tickets. The 3 day park to park is $326 Canadian, and the 4 day park to park is $343 Canadian.

So, just be careful and compare all the deals to make sure that you might not be better off getting a ticket for more days (sometimes cheaper than less days) lol.

Don't go with CAA. I just checked their prices online, and they are considerably higher than loveorlandotickets.ca (their prices are almost the same amount, but in US dollars - so WAY more expensive).
Sep 9, 2005
842 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Going to Universal this winter... what are the best deals currently - still CAA?
CAA, at least online, just links you to Universal's site and you pay exactly the same as buying direct from Universal because, essentially, you are. I don't know if they offer better deals in CAA offices.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2003
1215 posts
216 upvotes
Hope I'm not hijacking the thread but if you wanted to see Harry Potter and only had 1 day ... which park would you chose or would you spring for the park hopper?
Oct 5, 2010
610 posts
933 upvotes
llcooljayce wrote: Hope I'm not hijacking the thread but if you wanted to see Harry Potter and only had 1 day ... which park would you chose or would you spring for the park hopper?
Park hopper you have to ride the train and see both parks. I'm not a Harry Potter fan but it's too cool not to see it all.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
llcooljayce wrote: Hope I'm not hijacking the thread but if you wanted to see Harry Potter and only had 1 day ... which park would you chose or would you spring for the park hopper?
Get the park to park so you can see all the Harry Potter stuff and ride the Hogwart's Express between the two parks.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Salinger wrote: CAA, at least online, just links you to Universal's site and you pay exactly the same as buying direct from Universal because, essentially, you are. I don't know if they offer better deals in CAA offices.
Doesn't seem like there are really any deals - you are right.

Man the prices have really gone up both in U.S. dollars and then with the drop in the C$ on top of it. C$1000+ for 2 days for a family of 4 is painful.

I see Disney is offering 4 days with their 25% off promo. We may do that instead.
Last edited by kool1 on Jan 6th, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote: Get the park to park so you can see all the Harry Potter stuff and ride the Hogwart's Express between the two parks.
Is it really worth the extra $$?

Seems like a big jump in price vs the 2 day - one park per day tickets.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
kool1 wrote: Doesn't seem like there are really any deals - you are right.

Man the prices have really gone up both in U.S. dollars and then with the drop in the C$ on top of it. C$1000+ for 2 days for a family of 4 is painful.

I see Disney is offering 4 days with their 25% off promo. We may do that instead.
The best Universal deals I could find were at loveorlandotickets.ca and they are listed in Canadian dollars.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
kool1 wrote: Is it really worth the extra $$?

Seems like a big jump in price vs the 2 day - one park per day tickets.
I only said that because they said they had 1 day and wanted to see all the Harry Potter stuff. I prefer to do multi-day tickets.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7941 posts
5483 upvotes
Victoria, BC
kool1 wrote: Doesn't seem like there are really any deals - you are right.

It is awfully expensive for families (Disney and Universal both are).
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Yeah...

I'm going to Orlando in 3 weeks. The Disney passes are only another $20 or something to go from 4 days to 5 days to 6 days etc. So it's tough to justify spending several hundred US to go to Universal instead of Disney for a day.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
i6s1 wrote: Yeah...

I'm going to Orlando in 3 weeks. The Disney passes are only another $20 or something to go from 4 days to 5 days to 6 days etc. So it's tough to justify spending several hundred US to go to Universal instead of Disney for a day.
We're in the same boat. Going to Universal for 1-2 days would add a huge cost to our trip. If we could find some cheaper tickets we might but not at rack rates.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]