• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2018 5:24 pm
[OP]
Banned
Feb 26, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote

Universal Travel Adapter $9.99 US

Universal Travel Adapter fit for over 150 Countries All in one Worldwide Charger Wall Plug with 4 USB Ports $9.99 after using code "DD4Socket12"

I've never seen one of these with the USB ports!! I think its hot, curious to hear the reply's

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 27th, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam
Share:
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
2707 posts
1811 upvotes
This one at least ships directly from DD4. Some items sold by DD4 come from other Chinese suppliers (sort of like Amazon Marketplace), and they can be slow to ship.

I would worry about 2 things with this:

It sounds good to have an all-in-one device, but in practice it can be difficult to physically plug in to sockets in other countries due to limited space, awkward recessed sockets, plug spacing etc. A big block like this will undoubtedly prove to be a problem in many cases.

Also I seriously worry about any AC power gadgets from Chinese suppliers that are not CSA/UL approved. The quality often verges on dangerous, and I would think that's especially true for a compact power transformer with complex moving parts like this. (CE marking doesn't mean much in this context, as well as being routinely faked.)

Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2001
1811 posts
29 upvotes
Sudbury
Wo! This thing is huge. 50cm!! Face With Tears Of Joy
Images
  • 20180224143140610.jpg
Dec 10, 2003
358 posts
42 upvotes
Its showing up for USD $12.99 on clicking the link provided by OP. Is there a discount code to get it for $9.99 US ?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1483 posts
348 upvotes
Vancouver
you can get universal with USB for like $5 shipped, from the chinese sites (eg aliexpress or wherever).

Like someone elses said i wouldn't recommend these, more things to break and they are too bulky. I have a similar one but dont even take it anymore, i just pack the individual adapter that i need (and its typically only one per trip anyways) - much smaller and no moving parts. If you need more than one adapter on a trip, just store them in a ziplock. I store all mine in a ziplock when not in use, and then just pack the ones i need when i go.

And i have had a recessed plug on multiple occasions where the universal adapter wouldn't fit, but the individual adapter does no problem.
Mar 6, 2015
248 posts
180 upvotes
Quebec, QC
My son has a similar one (my mil got it from a work conference). It's useful while traveling, even just within North America when you have multiple devices that need charging and limited plugs (eg. his senior class trip).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)