• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2012 5:45 am
Tags:
None
Sep 22, 2012
22 posts
Quebec City

unlocked iPhone 5 and locked to fido iPhone 3GS plan shopping

Hello, for my locked to Fido iphone 3GS, I currently have a 50/50 FIDO plan with no agreement (expired last July). 50 text messages to Canadian cell. + 50 minutes local anytime for 15$, call id and voicemail for 5$ and 500 MB data for 25$ + the 911 municipal tax, which gives a total of 45.40 before tax. It's a per second billing plan. When I look at other advertised plans by Fido like the smart plan at $45, I think I am getting ripped off with my current plan. Does the fact of moving from per the second to per the minute billing really make a big change in the final bill?

Also, I have ordered an unlocked iPhone 5 online directly from Apple and should get it in a couple of weeks. I intend to give the 3GS to my girlfriend and shop for a plan for my unlocked 5 as well as renegotiate a better deal for the 3GS even if it's actually still locked to Fido. I could easily unlock it and go to another carrier.

Question: Can I put both phones on the same account and have two plans? Would it be worth to go on a family plan?

I am thinking of a strategy before I call Fido and I would like to get your suggestions and advice on how to choose a plan. THANK YOU

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)