• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2015 2:27 pm
Tags:
None
May 24, 2007
325 posts
98 upvotes
British Columbia
So I'm trying to unlock my Moto G 3rd gen on Virgin. I have a Bell SIM but when I put it in, I don't get any kind of unlock screen. It just gives me a "Network unavailable" error or "Your sim card won't allow a connection to this network" . Anyone have this issue or can tell me what I should be doing?

Thanks.

EDIT: Apparently the phone is already unlocked. I assumed since I bought it from Virgin it would be locked. Weird.
Feb 5, 2005
158 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I also want to mention www.quickphoneunlock.com, great service. Just today I unclocked my Samsung Galaxy Note II and paid for the $19.99cdn unlock code via paypal, 2hours later I got a code, then when I tried it, it didn't work, I tried the code again and it failed. I then contacted them via their online chat (super easy, even their email with the code said to contact them asap if I have issues) and they sent me a link for some troubleshooting and it worked like a charm.

Even though there is a free unlock method for this phone, it didn't work because my firmware was not compatible and I didn't want to start messing with downgrading the firmware etc...