Cell Phones

The Unofficial Google Pixel 2 & 2 XL Discussion Thread, now comes with 2-year global warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 10:10 am
Sep 20, 2007
101 posts
51 upvotes
After the November update it appears my random rebooting issue appears to be resolved. Overall, despite the bezels on the Pixel 2, i'm very impressed with overall speed and battery life... much better than my previous S7 edge and LG G6 despite having a smaller battery. Something I thought would never be an issue happened yesterday though, and it's that somehow I slightly dented the bottom speaker grill... no idea how that happened. I'm hoping it doesn't affect water resistance.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2404 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
Went to pickup my Pixel 2 XL Panda, and its got crazy blue tint lol.
Oct 14, 2015
595 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:01 pm
I am getting mine today hopefully if Canada post delivers it to my door. They usually just put the notice in my door and I have to pick up the stuff. Is Xpresspost any different than other type of mail?
I am also really concerned about the screen.
Galaxy S7 with Koodo $46 3GB plan
Zoomer $40.5 2GB plan
Feb 21, 2017
9 posts
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 2:01 pm
I feel sorry for you. Are you going to return it?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2404 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
SenseYoung wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:11 pm
I feel sorry for you. Are you going to return it?
Told them to hold it for the 5 days, while I talk to Rogers.

I don't want to lose my free Google Mini.
Oct 14, 2015
595 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just got my 2XL and there is also a blue tint. I will upload a picture later but another thing is bothering me more: speaker vibration. The whole phone vibrates (mostly around the front screen) badly.
Really confused what should I do now. Thankfully, I don't notice graininess or dead pixels. I will check the black crush and smearing too.
Zoomer $40.5 2GB plan
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2404 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
SureshA720227 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 7:57 pm
I just got my 2XL and there is also a blue tint. I will upload a picture later but another thing is bothering me more: speaker vibration. The whole phone vibrates (mostly around the front screen) badly.
Really confused what should I do now. Thankfully, I don't notice graininess or dead pixels. I will check the black crush and smearing too.
Check the build date?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2528 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
I got mine coming from Amazon.com tomorrow...Fingers crossed!
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Sep 2, 2008
5 posts
Vancouver
I pre-ordered the Pixel 2XL 64 with Rogers on Oct 4th (apparently #6 in Canada) and the last email I have from them is on Oct 21st. I contacted a Rogers rep today for a status update and was told "you'll get an email when it ships" ... :/ anyone else hearing the same thing?
Nov 21, 2009
20 posts
1 upvote
I got my Pixel XL 2 the other day, day before it was supposed be out in Canada, the 14th I think? My build date is Nov 2nd and ya I have pretty bad blue tint not sure what's going on. love the phone otherwise it's so nice and smooth and fast.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8386 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for providing feedback on the phone guys/girls.

Lol, it seems that everyone who received their device has one problem or another. Pretty disappointing!
Oct 14, 2015
595 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:01 pm
Check the build date?
Manufacture date is 20th Oct. I am liking it so far since I don't see any black crush.
Zoomer $40.5 2GB plan
Feb 3, 2012
2 posts
gitcho wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:24 pm
I pre-ordered the Pixel 2XL 64 with Rogers on Oct 4th (apparently #6 in Canada) and the last email I have from them is on Oct 21st. I contacted a Rogers rep today for a status update and was told "you'll get an email when it ships" ... :/ anyone else hearing the same thing?
I'm in same boat but with Telus. Sent couple emails and even talked to support and best they can do is "you'll get an email once it's shipped"... meanwhile ppl just walking off the streets into the stores and walking out with there pixels :(
Sep 2, 2008
5 posts
Vancouver
dragnfire wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 11:16 am
I'm in same boat but with Telus. Sent couple emails and even talked to support and best they can do is "you'll get an email once it's shipped"... meanwhile ppl just walking off the streets into the stores and walking out with there pixels :(
So I just got an email from Rogers a few hours ago saying it was shipped, with a tracking number (that has no info yet). Not sure where it's being shipped from but it should be here in the next few days.
Aug 19, 2008
904 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered with Telus and got it yesterday, manufacturing date was Oct 20th. Blue tint is there but nowhere as bad as the one I saw at Rogers store. I got used to it after about 30 minutes. Also if you are just watching videos or playing games you won't tell there's a blue tint.

As for speaker vibration, mine has same vibration at around over 40% volume, however when I need to touch the screen I usually don't blast the speaker, so I didn't notice it until someone pointed it out.

Love the phone so far, smooth and fast! The Nov 5th update gets rid of the "washed out" colors and it makes the screen on par with any other flagships out this year. The camera is also insane.