Cell Phones

The Unofficial Google Pixel 2 & 2 XL Discussion Thread, now comes with 2-year global warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2018 10:37 am
Feb 12, 2016
56 posts
22 upvotes
Thank you. I went to my local Rogers store and they had a 128gb. So I got it. I just checked mine and it has a build date of Oct 8th but my screen looks pretty good. At 45 degrees I get a some blue shift but I was expecting that and is not a deal breaker.

Plus I am getting Google home since I do have a plan larger than 10gb.

rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 7:10 pm
Yes, check the site, its already up.

I went by a local Rogers dealer store and they showed me their Roger sales bulletin, the Pixel 2 XL went down by $200 per for each tier.

Pixel 2l xl.png

Add $200 if its Premium Tab.

Free Google Home too if you have a 10GB plan or higher.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2635 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
epik89 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 8:52 pm
no blue tint on yours?
Haven't noticed it yet... perhaps it's there but I didn't see it yet.

Just realized that VOLTE works on Bell too...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8654 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
Noticed my shipping date got bumped up, was shipping late Dec but now early Dec.
Dec 27, 2009
97 posts
34 upvotes
DJ Trance AZ wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 7:41 am
Haven't noticed it yet... perhaps it's there but I didn't see it yet.

Just realized that VOLTE works on Bell too...
Hola

Just to confirm if you don't mind, you bought your Pixel 2 XL directly from Google, and you're still able to use VoLTE on Bell's network? Or is it that you bought the phone from Bell? In addition, do you know if Bell supports Wi-Fi Calling, and if so were you able to use Wi-Fi Calling on this phone?

I am with Fido and I am increasing finding it more prevalent in needing Wi-Fi Calling + VoLTE features to have more improved voice communications... Fido doesn't allow unlocked phones to utilise this "premium" features except for phone bought from them. Sad situation, so I am actively looking for a new provider. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2635 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
moh2010 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 1:40 pm
Hola

Just to confirm if you don't mind, you bought your Pixel 2 XL directly from Google, and you're still able to use VoLTE on Bell's network? Or is it that you bought the phone from Bell? In addition, do you know if Bell supports Wi-Fi Calling, and if so were you able to use Wi-Fi Calling on this phone?

I am with Fido and I am increasing finding it more prevalent in needing Wi-Fi Calling + VoLTE features to have more improved voice communications... Fido doesn't allow unlocked phones to utilise this "premium" features except for phone bought from them. Sad situation, so I am actively looking for a new provider. Thanks.

Mine is directly from Google Canada. No wifi calling.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Oct 18, 2012
90 posts
8 upvotes
Received mine yesterday black 128gb with a build date of Oct 28th. If I tilt the phone 10 degrees or just put it down on the table the screen turns blue. It's such a deal breaker.

I really liked the squeeze for Google assistant and now playing feature too. But it's going back to Google. Already ordered a one plus 5t
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
3519 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto
georgehan604 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 4:48 pm
Received mine yesterday black 128gb with a build date of Oct 28th. If I tilt the phone 10 degrees or just put it down on the table the screen turns blue. It's such a deal breaker.

I really liked the squeeze for Google assistant and now playing feature too. But it's going back to Google. Already ordered a one plus 5t
Honestly it's pretty close to the X blue tint.

Only the Note 8 seems to have a barely noticeable blue tint.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
1126 posts
84 upvotes
Woodbridge
georgehan604 wrote:

Sucks to hear that. I was contemplating the 5T but I think I'm going to order the Pixel 2 (non XL). I want a really good camera and the Google support. I hope I don't end up missing the larger screen of the XL since the last couple of phones were the 1+1 and the Nexus 6P.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
1126 posts
84 upvotes
Woodbridge
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 4:53 pm
Honestly it's pretty close to the X blue tint.

Only the Note 8 seems to have a barely noticeable blue tint.
The smaller Pixel 2 seems to have a barely noticeable tint as well.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8654 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
lobo wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 6:59 pm
Sucks to hear that. I was contemplating the 5T but I think I'm going to order the Pixel 2 (non XL). I want a really good camera and the Google support. I hope I don't end up missing the larger screen of the XL since the last couple of phones were the 1+1 and the Nexus 6P.
Haha same with me, the Pixel 2 XL is something I'm willing to pass on and I was deciding between the 5T and Pixel 2 as well.

Ended up going with the 5T - I played with the Pixel 2 instore and I could not get used to the phone. The display is just too small (worsened by the on-screen nav bar - takes up way too much real estate) and the bezels are monstrous. The display was definitely higher quality than on the 2XL though.

I may end up returning the 5T too if FHD doesn't work out for me - I've gotten too used to QHD, especially reading small text.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
1126 posts
84 upvotes
Woodbridge
For those that ordered the Pixel 2 or 2 XL, how do you get your free Google Home mini?

Edit: nvm, I found out that they send you a code a few weeks after you receive the new phone to get the mini.
Sep 28, 2006
583 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
lobo wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 9:58 am
For those that ordered the Pixel 2 or 2 XL, how do you get your free Google Home mini?

Edit: nvm, I found out that they send you a code a few weeks after you receive the new phone to get the mini.
Do you know when that deal with the free google mini expires?
Aug 27, 2006
622 posts
212 upvotes
Delta
georgehan604 wrote:

I am in the same boat. I just receive mine yesterday. I was fully prepared to be ok with blue tint, especially if it was close to my buddies iPhone X, but man is it ever bad on this phone. 5 degree tilt and a portion of my screen goes blue, 10 degree whole screen gets a blue tint. It unacceptable if I cannot even wiggle my phone and not have the shift happen. I played around with it looking straight on in use gives the tint unacceptable. I so desperately wanted this phone but it goes back.
Last edited by Spud387 on Nov 23rd, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8654 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
kkl1208 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:50 am
Google Mini is like $40 right now for Black Friday - not really an enticing promo.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
1126 posts
84 upvotes
Woodbridge
kkl1208 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:50 am
For Canadian orders you have until Dec 31 and then Feb 2018 to claim the mini after you get the code from Google.