Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15640 posts
4390 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:01 pm
Now I do (with the unlock service up and available) but the unlock sets me back $151 USD. :)

It really does have AC+ until October 2019 so it should be a keeper.
With the deal you got, you’re still ahead.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40887 posts
9817 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:14 pm
With the deal you got, you’re still ahead.
my daughter is :( I should cover my ears at home.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15640 posts
4390 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 3:48 pm
Whats that dutch leather case called again?
Mujjo

They even ship the cases in a heavy canvas bag instead of shitty cardboard box retail packaging (trying to be environmentally friendly). I’ve gotten tons of use out of those canvas bags over the years.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7005 posts
289 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:12 pm
You can easily get one now in any configuration using iStock notifications. It’s pretty much over for scalpers.
I randomly decided to check the apple store app last night at around 11 pm and pick up was available for all models of the X and was available at all locations in the GTA. I snatched up 2 to be picked up at Markville right away. I was very surprised but shortly after, it was no longer available. They charged my credit card already and I got the pick up notice confirmation in the email.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 30, 2017
93 posts
16 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:16 pm
Mujjo

They even ship the cases in a heavy canvas bag instead of shitty cardboard box retail packaging (trying to be environmentally friendly). I’ve gotten tons of use out of those canvas bags over the years.
€41.24 + shipping yikes! is it worth it?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15640 posts
4390 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:27 pm
€41.24 + shipping yikes! is it worth it?
worth every penny. Plus you'll have a case that's unique and not every random person on the street has

free shipping to Canada over €60.

Get the wallet case and a pair of touchscreen gloves for the winter (€20)

Just did a price check....$91.55 CAD. I've never been dinged with duties from my mujjo orders but that's not to say you 100% wont.

With just the case its €7 shipping. So $71 CAD total. I'd rather have the gloves for an extra $20....

I've had $150+ vaja cases in the past and these are every bit as good
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2434 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:50 am

I got the finger ring one lol especially after I was making fun of people with pop sockets and ringer rings for phone lol oh the irony
Damn, a pop socket?!? on an X?!? LoL, maybe on a Note 8 but the X is manageable with just one hand.
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:09 am
Contacted the actual insurer Asurion. Again, the coverage is only good for "replacement fones" meaning any situation that requires your fone to be replaced such as lost/stolen/water damage or any other event which causes your fone to be totaled and cannot be used. They DO NOT cover repairs as in cracked screen, glass, etc. even if such an event is over the $200 deductible (plus tx). They cover up to 2 replacements per 12 mos period. BUT after the 2nd replacement (ie. you lost your fone twice in 12 mos) you will be booted out of the program - no longer insured under Asurion. In short this program only covers fone replacement NOT repairs. AppleCare+ will cover repairs but not lost/stolen/totaled fones. Sounds like they need an insurance program that covers both, not just one event. Apple care+ should include replacement feature but they dont which sux. However, they will replace fones that have issues they cannot fix or repair. They do this quite often. So between the two Applecare+ still wins. Again, dont lose the damn phone. Chances are you will more likely need a repair on a fone than losing the fone.
I think Asurion still wins.

So you cracked your screen, but phone still works, just break the rest of it "accidentally."

AppleCare+ covers two accidentals, with a smaller deductible.

Carrier insurance does two claims for a new phone at a higher deductible.

However, you're still locked in with AppleCare+ past two claims for the two years.

Carrier insurance does two claims for the 12 months, then renewed. So if you are klutzy af and dropped it twice in a year, get booted out of the program, you can get back in next year, unlike AppleCare+.

To me, carrier insurance makes more sense than AppleCare+, thus why I live that carefree live with no case/screen protector.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2434 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:49 pm
worth every penny. Plus you'll have a case that's unique and not every random person on the street has

free shipping to Canada over €60.

Get the wallet case and a pair of touchscreen gloves for the winter (€20)

Just did a price check....$91.55 CAD. I've never been dinged with duties from my mujjo orders but that's not to say you 100% wont.

With just the case its €7 shipping. So $71 CAD total. I'd rather have the gloves for an extra $20....

I've had $150+ vaja cases in the past and these are every bit as good
How long you keeping this phone?

I find it not worthwhile to invest in a very expensive case if you swap phones out every few months.

Not like you can recover your money on cases.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15640 posts
4390 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:41 pm
How long you keeping this phone?

I find it not worthwhile to invest in a very expensive case if you swap phones out every few months.

Not like you can recover your money on cases.
Depends on how long Apple keeps the x form factor
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10055 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:49 pm

nice case but the knockoff ones (pleather look very similar and for like $5 bucks....
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26204 posts
6062 upvotes
GTHA
Anyone's iPhone X screen become unresponsive in cold weather?
Apple’s response to iPhone X screen cold weather responsiveness
http://www.loopinsight.com/2017/11/09/a ... nsiveness/

“We are aware of instances where the iPhone X screen will become temporarily unresponsive to touch after a rapid change to a cold environment. After several seconds the screen will become fully responsive again. This will be addressed in an upcoming software update.”
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15640 posts
4390 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
shaolinmonk wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:55 pm
nice case but the knockoff ones (pleather look very similar and for like $5 bucks....
Yeah but you can get knockoffs of pretty much everything. Doesn’t mean you should though.

Quality costs money and imo the mujjo line is very good quality for the price you pay.

Try going into Apple and getting a leather case for $70....
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9849 posts
4226 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Tip: Setup Face ID normally, on the 2nd run, do it at an angle like your unlocking it off a desk and it's reading your chin.

In use when you bring it up, you can swipe up before it does recognition, make sure to turn ON "Raise to Wake" and "Tap to Wake" (they are located in different spots).

It's as fast or faster than TouchID by the time you target that home button vs swiping up anywhere from the bottom.
May 1, 2011
375 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Does Asurion insurance cover iPhones that have been bought outright from the Apple store?

I tried adding Apple care through Rogers for $9 a month but because I’m not on a 2 year contract they would not allow it. The rep also mentioned its $13 instead of 9.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

lostwowords, SonyZ2