• Nov 21st, 2017 8:27 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/da ... y.2088001/

Lol some guys dad dropped his X on the highway. How’s that even possible? Maybe he was on a motorcycle....

Phone actually looks ok for being run over a few times.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
casperr wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 3:57 pm
Not to me. I love the screen size of the X. I hated my 7 Plus size so I got an 8 (not Plus). Then when I got the X, I just love it's screen size as I can easily use it with one hand.
Do you have both the 8 and the x now?
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17685 posts
191 upvotes
YVR
Cress wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:00 am
Sounds reasonable based on plain web content, I was referring to apps specifically designed for plus content like how you can see emails and preview on the plus but not the normal size iPhones or X iPhones.
I think I read about that somewhere on the internet, but I didn't test that at the Apple Store. For web browsing, I didn't see any disadvantages with the IPX's screen.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2774 posts
262 upvotes
Edmonton
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:55 am
Do you have both the 8 and the x now?
Yes
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
casperr wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:17 am
Yes
nice

do you just rotate phones or each has a dedicated purpose (i.e. one for business one for personal use, etc)?
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2774 posts
262 upvotes
Edmonton
Different lines for different purpose
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7007 posts
289 upvotes
Anyone getting green tinted lines when scrolling up and down with a white background and dark text or embedded videos? Under the lowest brightness and on night shift mode, it shows a really weird greenish tint.

Go to WhatsApp and scroll up and down on the chat list and you’ll see the tint as well under the same circumstances.

This is on the X
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2500 posts
261 upvotes
GTA
I added AppleCare on Nov 3rd through Rogers. Still hasn't showed up for me on Apple's site FYI
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:59 am
I added AppleCare on Nov 3rd through Rogers. Still hasn't showed up for me on Apple's site FYI
funny I just came to comment on this

currently on the phone with apple about this and being transferred to the AC department

funny when I go to my support profile and click on 'add coverage' a price of $299 shows up for AC+, which is $50 more than what shows on the apple canada website.

I have a real suspicion that these are not going to be honored due to pricing error.

edit - apple is escalating. We can finally figure out what's going on with this shit once and for all
Last edited by nasa25 on Nov 13th, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firebolt wrote:
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
TheRock2012 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:47 am
They are offering recalls on their phones while offering replacements with ones that do not?
What the??
They already knew about this defect in their phone with ones that were already prebuilt with the fix?
Does not make much sense if only they wanted those phones to be ready upon release date while building the replacement ones.
Apple fail?Neutral Face
And I thought Samsung was bad at customer complaints on their products from last year's Note 8 battery failure.
How do we get a replacement X?
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
bobbings wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:31 am
Anyone getting green tinted lines when scrolling up and down with a white background and dark text or embedded videos? Under the lowest brightness and on night shift mode, it shows a really weird greenish tint.

Go to WhatsApp and scroll up and down on the chat list and you’ll see the tint as well under the same circumstances.

This is on the X
I had that sometimes on my SE aswell, not a big deal, just how the lights hits combined with BG. Also on the SE this would only happen when content reached top corners of the phone, haven't seen much of it on X yet
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
so i provided the guy at the AC activations department with a screenshot of my rogers profile showing my IMEI and the AC monthly @ $9 per month. He's going to escalate it with Rogers and said with 3-5 business days I'll have a response/my AC coverage will be live. I told him it was a systemic issue (i.e. no one has had their coverage go live) so hopefully once he solves my problem they can add AC to everyone else's device.
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2462 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:14 pm
so i provided the guy at the AC activations department with a screenshot of my rogers profile showing my IMEI and the AC monthly @ $9 per month. He's going to escalate it with Rogers and said with 3-5 business days I'll have a response/my AC coverage will be live. I told him it was a systemic issue (i.e. no one has had their coverage go live) so hopefully once he solves my problem they can add AC to everyone else's device.
This is likely due to Rogers selling something that isn't properly setup yet in the system.

I was looking at my bill yesterday for my recent iPad Pro 10.5"

It's listed at 1219 on the Apple site.

How these Easy Pay plans work on the Tablets is that its 0% APR to finance the tablet cost over 24 months. However, you are expected to pay the taxes up front on the first bill and pay the downpayment fee, some of the older tablets on this plan have $0 down but the iPad Pro 10.5 is $319 down. So on your first bill you should see a charge for $319 plus the cost of the taxes on $1219.

Rogers charged me $1169, issued credits for the full amount, no downpayment, no taxes ....

I think this is the same situation, as Rogers sold you guys AppleCare+ without figuring out the pricing.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:33 pm
This is likely due to Rogers selling something that isn't properly setup yet in the system.

I was looking at my bill yesterday for my recent iPad Pro 10.5"

It's listed at 1219 on the Apple site.

How these Easy Pay plans work on the Tablets is that its 0% APR to finance the tablet cost over 24 months. However, you are expected to pay the taxes up front on the first bill and pay the downpayment fee, some of the older tablets on this plan have $0 down but the iPad Pro 10.5 is $319 down. So on your first bill you should see a charge for $319 plus the cost of the taxes on $1219.

Rogers charged me $1169, issued credits for the full amount, no downpayment, no taxes ....

I think this is the same situation, as Rogers sold you guys AppleCare+ without figuring out the pricing.
yup the apple guy was saying it might be an issue with the product code over at rogers. I think you're dead on about Rogers not figuring out the pricing on the AC+ for the X as the $9 per month was the old price for the 7/8 (which is $100 less than coverage on the X)

In any event, AC+ is $299 for the X so paying $216 over 24 months is a damn good discount. I think Rogers is going to have to honour this for the people that got in on that $9 per month price. Really, what other option do they have? I guess they could argue that they've added iPhone 7/8 AC+ on everyone's iPhone X (so the coverage technically isn't valid) but that's not my problem. My rogers profile shows that I have AC monthly coverage linking to an IMEI that's tied to my iPhone X so I expect to receive that coverage (pricing error or no pricing error)
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2462 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 1:40 pm
yup the apple guy was saying it might be an issue with the product code over at rogers. I think you're dead on about Rogers not figuring out the pricing on the AC+ for the X as the $9 per month was the old price for the 7/8 (which is $100 less than coverage on the X)

In any event, AC+ is $299 for the X so paying $216 over 24 months is a damn good discount. I think Rogers is going to have to honour this for the people that got in on that $9 per month price. Really, what other option do they have? I guess they could argue that they've added iPhone 7/8 AC+ on everyone's iPhone X (so the coverage technically isn't valid) but that's not my problem. My rogers profile shows that I have AC monthly coverage linking to an IMEI that's tied to my iPhone X so I expect to receive that coverage (pricing error or no pricing error)
If they fubared, what they will do is just place your on the correct pricing and issue a credit to the account.