Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CanadianLurker wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:44 pm
I got AC directly when I did my pre-order on Nov 3 and it was $249. Now that it’s in shipping status, there’s a pending charge on my credit card for $281.37 which is $248 + HST.

So did Apple increase the price somewhere along the line? Or it’s $249 when you buy the phone by $299 as a stand-alone option after the phone is already purchased? Or $299 for phones not purchased directly from Apple?
yeah I don't get it. The $299 standalone option makes sense. I thought applecare on this shit was already expensive. $299 plus tax is nuts.

Glad rogers has me locked in at $9 per month. I'll be on top of them if they try to pull any shenanigans.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:35 pm
$299 deductible on rogers device protection or through your insurance company?
asurion
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2462 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:40 pm
Proof?
Google, Amazon banned my account.

They actively monitor purchase/refund ratio, credits issues, anytime this threshold is in the negative, you risk being warned, then banned.
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:37 pm
Better to buy headphones from Amazon.ca or directly from the brand.

Amazon will take it back if you open and try them, win win for you, win win for those that scavenge warehouse deals after your return.
I bought from Amazon, but now reading at reviews, couple users reported them as fakes, looks like they will be going back in that case, just hope I don't get duped for the money
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:00 pm
Google, Amazon banned my account.

They actively monitor purchase/refund ratio, credits issues, anytime this threshold is in the negative, you risk being warned, then banned.
I thought amazon was all for the buyers!
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:58 pm
yeah I don't get it. The $299 standalone option makes sense. I thought applecare on this shit was already expensive. $299 plus tax is nuts.

Glad rogers has me locked in at $9 per month. I'll be on top of them if they try to pull any shenanigans.
I like how you are so positive you wont get screwed by rogers on the price lol, please keep us updated
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2462 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:03 pm
I like how you are so positive you wont get screwed by rogers on the price lol, please keep us updated
well, even if Rogers bumps him to the right amount, they will just issue a lump sum bill credit to equate it back to this amount, so its not a big deal, this way, hes kept happy, apple is kept happy, Rogers adjusts so they don't lose that money on further customers.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2462 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:02 pm
I thought amazon was all for the buyers!
Until you become a costly expense for them, like the consumer that is indecisive, or the one that wants the entire world handed to him, or the one that exploits the system to get items for cheaper than listed, or the one that thinks its a rental system and sends products back a 6 months later.
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Cheaper on Rogers, check the site itself.

x regplace.png
I am not with rogers.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lostwowords wrote:
I will

Reason I'm sure is because what defense does rogers have for not honoring the price they've quoted.....

It's not like I personally added the AC to my own account for $9 per month...they did. It's a shame that they priced it incorrectly but that has nothing to do with me. I think the most plausible outcome is what rebel posted. Rogers will change everyone's AC monthly add-on to $14 per month then issue a $5 per month credit for those lucky enough to have taken advantage of the pricing error.

Apple already has proof of the AC monthly being on my account and tied to my IMEI so if rogers removes it that won't negate the proof that apple has, that I should be covered. I pay rogers a lot of money each month so I have no issue with being a prick about this situation lol
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:06 pm
Until you become a costly expense for them, like the consumer that is indecisive, or the one that wants the entire world handed to him, or the one that exploits the system to get items for cheaper than listed, or the one that thinks its a rental system and sends products back a 6 months later.
I did return quite a bit of stuff back recently, but mostly unopened stuff.
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:12 pm
I will

Reason I'm sure is because what defense does rogers have for not honoring the price they've quoted.....

It's not like I personally added the AC to my own account for $9 per month...they did. It's a shame that they priced it incorrectly but that has nothing to do with me. I think the most plausible outcome is what rebel posted. Rogers will change everyone's AC monthly add-on to $14 per month then issue a $5 per month credit for those lucky enough to have taken advantage of the pricing error.

Apple already has proof of the AC monthly being on my account and tied to my IMEI so if rogers removes it that won't negate the proof that apple has, that I should be covered. I pay rogers a lot of money each month so I have no issue with being a prick about this situation lol
true
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2462 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
lostwowords wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:13 pm
I did return quite a bit of stuff back recently, but mostly unopened stuff.
opened or not, they don't care, its an alogrithm on their system that triggers when its becomes too refund rich versus kept purchases.

just be mindful, cause it becomes a global ban along with your name and address, even if address shared by other people.
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:16 pm
opened or not, they don't care, its an alogrithm on their system that triggers when its becomes too refund rich versus kept purchases.

just be mindful, cause it becomes a global ban along with your name and address, even if address shared by other people.
darn, hopefully, they send a warning beforehand

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)