Tags:
Banned
Dec 28, 2015
617 posts
232 upvotes
Westmount, QC
bobbings wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:11 pm
How slow? I thought mine was slow but there’s an option to detect your face without you looking at the phone so it just detects your face whenever it wakes up. Much faster
Probably half a second or bit longer, definitely slower than when I first got it. Yes I turned off the eye blink option or whatever it's called from the onset as it was unbearable slow with it

But it was always slower than touchid quite noticably but now it's to point of unbearable almost . I could just pick up phone and it'll be unlocked, now it takes conscious effort and wait for it to unlock
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1506 posts
193 upvotes
That’s why I think they have too much of our information. I don’t think people should be targeted with ads or put on some watch list if they’re not a “good customer” in the eyes of a retailer and then this information also gets resold.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7007 posts
289 upvotes
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:25 pm
Probably half a second or bit longer, definitely slower than when I first got it. Yes I turned off the eye blink option or whatever it's called from the onset as it was unbearable slow with it

But it was always slower than touchid quite noticably but now it's to point of unbearable almost . I could just pick up phone and it'll be unlocked, now it takes conscious effort and wait for it to unlock
Have u tried to redo the face mapping?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9858 posts
4229 upvotes
Southern Ontario
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:25 pm

Mine’s pretty fast always. If I get the passcode screen, I click cancel and swipe up right away.

I’ve also had no issues reported so far, coating rubbing off, unresponsive areas, green line, volume hiss... knock on wood. I’m very happy with the X over the 7+ I had.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1624 posts
817 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Same. I have no issues yet on my iPhone X but I'm still going to put it through a bit more abuse before I'm happy as you never know. I rather symptoms appear now then past warranty if there is an issue.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10038 posts
906 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Rumors on next year's iPhone X's. Expecting iPhone X plus at 6.5"?? WTF... a mini ipad size.

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
7007 posts
289 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:47 pm
Rumors on next year's iPhone X's. Expecting iPhone X plus at 6.5"?? WTF... a mini ipad size.

I’m down for the 6.5” phone
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1317 posts
77 upvotes
Brampton
My iphone travels more than I do. From China to Korea to U.S...next stop, Canada...hopefully...
I`m back.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10038 posts
906 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tk1000 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:51 pm
Hackers say they broke Apple’s Face ID. Here’s why we’re not convinced
Key questions persist about $150 mask hackers used to unlock Face-protected iPhone X.
https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... convinced/

Lame. The vietnamese dudes do not show close-ups of the lock screen before the face reveal. Look how fast he swiped right after the alleged unlock, lol. Some shit isnt right there. I think if you have a legit model to fool faceid you would have no issues with macro shots and slo mo everywhere. Not a single one.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Oct 30, 2017
113 posts
18 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 6:15 pm
Same. I have no issues yet on my iPhone X but I'm still going to put it through a bit more abuse before I'm happy as you never know. I rather symptoms appear now then past warranty if there is an issue.
Device protection eases the mind somewhat
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
apple.ca live chat response to why AC+ costs $50 more when you try to add it to an X that's already been activated/on your support profile?

'that's weird. sorry for the error. go into the store or call us to sort it out'

somehow I think the man is uninformed.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game