• May 5th, 2018 11:44 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
So die hard fans?

Or people with no access to internet/data/too busy with life/no alarm clock?

Or false idea that they will be able to flip for mad $$$$$?
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
rebel_rfd wrote: So die hard fans?

I don't get it either, i think its people who are making "something to do" out of this.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Thieves steal more than $300,000 worth of new iPhones from a truck in San Francisco

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/03/apple-i ... cisco.html
Cheang Ming | @cheangming
Published 1 Hour Ago Updated 1 Hour Ago

More than 300 Apple iPhone X units were stolen from a UPS truck in San Francisco before the newest model was launched for sale, multiple outlets reported.

The thieves, who have yet to be caught, broke into the truck while its driver had been making a delivery at the Stonestown Galleria shopping mall in San Francisco, according to CBS SF Bay Area. With the iPhone X retailing at between $999 and $1,150 in the U.S., the value of the stolen goods would have amounted to at least about $300,000.

The police are looking for three suspects in hooded sweatshirts who drove a white Dodge van, the report said. The theft reportedly occurred between 11 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. Pacific time on Wednesday, website CNET reported, putting the value of the stolen goods at more than $370,000.

The iPhone X was launched for sale on Friday in more than 50 markets, including the U.S., China and the U.K. Thousands had formed snaking queues outside Apple stores around the world in the lead up to the launch.
https://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-x-stol ... francisco/
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1094 upvotes
Anyone know if an 8+ bought from a Canadian apple store will work on AIS network in Thailand?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1249 posts
349 upvotes
Seks wrote: Anyone know if an 8+ bought from a Canadian apple store will work on AIS network in Thailand?
Yes it will work.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
God damn Rogers didn’t include the unit number of my condo in the shipping address I realized late last night. And my shit is already out for delivery.

Annoying.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
Hopefully they leave it at the front desk for you. Otherwise that's going to be hard to get.
I didn't get my shipping notification yet :(
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
ADRiiAN` wrote: Hopefully they leave it at the front desk for you. Otherwise that's going to be hard to get.
I didn't get my shipping notification yet :(
There’s no front desk. Gotta call ups now and worst case I’ll leave a note on the front door with my unit number.

Weird that you didn’t get the notification. Try and search by reference number on ups. Use your phone number as the ref number.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
Any lineups at Markville Mall?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 2, 2017
787 posts
390 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: So die hard fans?

People have nothing better to do or are not busy enough in their life. In any case good for our economy (via taxes, retail hype/spending etc.)

Even if I wanted the phone (which I don't), I can order it online, have it delivered to my doorstep with a total time of 5 mins max spent on the entire purchase. Efficiency and effectiveness.
Nov 22, 2007
878 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
I went to best buy last night and asked if they'd have stock today and the guy literally laughed at my face.

Wonder how much stock they had today for walk ins at the Apple store.
Never missed preorder before but in was on a plane at the time.

I don't think people lining up to get what they want should be criticised and be considered losers or whatever some people call them. Line formations are common for so many other things too. Jordan shoes, collaborations, gaming consoles..etc...
To each their own.
I personally wouldn't line up though lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Stock is pretty low especially for the Silver and 256's.
They are turning ppl away at the Apple Store where Im at as they've run out of phones.
Last edited by bigjee on Nov 3rd, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
CEOofPopeyes wrote: People have nothing better to do or are not busy enough in their life. In any case good for our economy (via taxes, retail hype/spending etc.)

Even if I wanted the phone (which I don't), I can order it online, have it delivered to my doorstep with a total time of 5 mins max spent on the entire purchase. Efficiency and effectiveness.
A months wait time isn't efficient (for me at least.) I want an item soon after I order it (which is why programs like amazon prime are so successful imo)
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
2258 posts
147 upvotes
Mississauga
we should not be questioning why so many line up for a phone when there are ppl who line up for hrs for a cheesecake...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
thl0103 wrote: I went to best buy last night and asked if they'd have stock today and the guy literally laughed at my face.

Wonder how much stock they had today for walk ins at the Apple store.
Never missed preorder before but in was on a plane at the time.

I don't think people lining up to get what they want should be criticised and be considered losers or whatever some people call them. Line formations are common for so many other things too. Jordan shoes, collaborations, gaming consoles..etc...
To each their own.
I personally wouldn't line up though lol.
It's different.

Yeezys, Jordans, Collaborations are Dead Stock.

Once its out, its out, no more in production.

Plus if you have no bot, you aren't getting one unless you line up.

This is a phone that Apple will continue to produce until next years model...

Consoles are mixed, most are banking on flipping for profit, while others are just diehard fans.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
DuDe1411 wrote: we should not be questioning why so many line up for a phone when there are ppl who line up for hrs for a cheesecake...
Or line up for 2 hours at wonderland for a 30 second ride lol
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Gonna copy/paste what I just posted on the rogers community forums:

IMPORTANT:

If you upgraded to the dev beta of iOS 11.2 it WILL NOT work on iPhone X (as there is no iPhone X 11.2 ipsw file)

BEFORE setting up your new X, delete the beta profile from your old iPhone and downgrade to iOS 11.1 and backup your data (USE A BACKUP FROM BEFORE YOU UPGRADED TO 11.2)

Then you can continue on with setting up the new X. Also if your AW is on watchOS 4.2 then you're kind of screwed because it won't work with 11.1. So hopefully its on 4.1 or earlier.