130 posts
6 upvotes
1 commission....if it went to the next day then 2 commission charges
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1124 posts
258 upvotes
Oakville
Every time I log into RBC DI for the past week or so it asks me a security question (The page says it's only supposed to ask occasionally). I'm logging in from the same PC from my home every time. No VPN or anything like that being used.

Anybody else experiencing this?
Jan 19, 2017
456 posts
124 upvotes
RETD wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 9:12 am
Every time I log into RBC DI for the past week or so it asks me a security question (The page says it's only supposed to ask occasionally). I'm logging in from the same PC from my home every time. No VPN or anything like that being used.

The internet session cookie is not stored on your pc.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1873 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
ml88888888 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 7:13 pm
The internet session cookie is not stored on your pc.
do you mean if the cookies get blocked on your browser?
Aug 16, 2015
141 posts
12 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:23 pm
250K+ balance should get you live pricing as well.
how sleazy. why do you need 250k to get a half decent service ?
Sep 18, 2017
29 posts
34 upvotes
RETD wrote:

Me too and on computers I always use. Been happening on and off the last month or so.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1124 posts
258 upvotes
Oakville
RETD wrote:
Update: I called RBC tech support. They say it's just the security algorithm and there's nothing they can do about it. Just carry on and eventually it'll return to normal. They get lots of reports/complaints about this behaviour.
Feb 12, 2016
130 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone know if RBC DI has any promotions for new accounts?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2142 posts
493 upvotes
It has been 3,4 years and RBC DI still couldn't do what TDDI could. I have a USD cheque (from US Brokerage firm) that I wanted to deposit directly into RBC DI USD account. Well, RBC wanted me to put in the USD savings account first. Then hold it for 15 freaking days and then I can transfer over to trading account myself. Despite I have 3 times the amount of the cheque in my RBC DI. I said no thanks, walked over to TD Bank (same plaza) and 5 minutes later, my cheque is in my trading account, no hold or anything like that.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1124 posts
258 upvotes
Oakville
I'm with both TDDI and RBC DI. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

With RBC DI, I get free L2 quotes whereas I'd have to pay extra with TDDI (which I don't).
I get a dedicated Royal Circle telephone number and there's also a secure message feature when logged in and they also have secure email (targeted access). Many things can be done electronically.

Not a big deal but dividend payments get deposited into TDDI 1-2 business days before RBC DI even with the same security.
Communication via telephone is via the general call number and there is no secure messaging.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1283 posts
375 upvotes
EDMONTON
Do I have to call them to have L2 quotes enabled for active trader program? I've had 51 trades in the last 3 months running as of october 22 (they say they check on the 22nd of every month) so I easily qualify. I logged into dashboard and see nothing.

Does the active trader include live level 2 CSE quotes? Someone in this thread back in 2011 made no mention of it when they listed the exchanges it had L2 for but that was 6 years ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1873 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
Piddles wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 6:24 pm
Do I have to call them to have L2 quotes enabled for active trader program? I've had 51 trades in the last 3 months running as of october 22 (they say they check on the 22nd of every month) so I easily qualify. I logged into dashboard and see nothing.

Does the active trader include live level 2 CSE quotes? Someone in this thread back in 2011 made no mention of it when they listed the exchanges it had L2 for but that was 6 years ago.
you should call to inquire but yeah lvl 2 is available for cse quotes
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1283 posts
375 upvotes
EDMONTON
Thanks for the quick response. Was about to pay $80/month on ceo.ca to get cse/tsxv level 2.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2415 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
RolandCouch wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 9:04 am
The new detailed quote page looks AWFUL
Agreed, not a fan. Way too much information on the overview tab and the page is very busy.