• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 6:57 pm
Jan 7, 2015
17 posts
2 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
DecayHeat wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:52 am
Which broker would you use for daytrading?
I'm signing up with Questrade. I'm still new at this. So I don't want to commit the 20K you need to sign up with Interactive Brokers. Otherwise I hear great things about IB.
Jan 7, 2015
17 posts
2 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Heard back from RBC. You cannot place a Stop Loss and Limit Sell on the same stock through their system. Isn't this a very basic functionality? Otherwise you'll be either be flying without a net or have to constantly monitor a stock for your PT. Bummer. I've signed up with Questrade, waiting to fund it. Hopefully greener pastures.
Dec 12, 2006
5 posts
OldFud wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:58 pm
Man ... your not kidding ... absolutely HORRID
1. no charting metric defaults brought forward
2. old charts that took a full screen ... now occupy 2 1/2+ screens
3. way too much wasted white space in the displays (27" display screen is a way too small now)
4. some mixing of old and new charting formats (depending on the security you are viewing)
5. a perfectly function system is now almost useless ... expect a big productivity hit
6. support listen very politely to complaints, but no empathy
7. must be a nightmare for them as well as us.
all good points. new charts are a joke. obviously based on the old system, but they didn't bother to port over several important features??? e.g. multiple SMAs on same chart, setting saved chart as default. Ugh.
Nov 6, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Actually the old charting system was very good ... at least for my purposes.
All that their changes do is the new "WordPress" appearance (i.e. terrible use of monitor display space).
For some reason they've decided to implement the new changes piecemeal, without user input, proper testing and cooled turkey.
That demonstrates zero respect and empathy for the user, and the whole development management team should be replaced.