Dec 12, 2006
5 posts
1 upvote
OldFud wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:58 pm
Man ... your not kidding ... absolutely HORRID
1. no charting metric defaults brought forward
2. old charts that took a full screen ... now occupy 2 1/2+ screens
3. way too much wasted white space in the displays (27" display screen is a way too small now)
4. some mixing of old and new charting formats (depending on the security you are viewing)
5. a perfectly function system is now almost useless ... expect a big productivity hit
6. support listen very politely to complaints, but no empathy
7. must be a nightmare for them as well as us.
all good points. new charts are a joke. obviously based on the old system, but they didn't bother to port over several important features??? e.g. multiple SMAs on same chart, setting saved chart as default. Ugh.
Nov 6, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
Actually the old charting system was very good ... at least for my purposes.
All that their changes do is the new "WordPress" appearance (i.e. terrible use of monitor display space).
For some reason they've decided to implement the new changes piecemeal, without user input, proper testing and cooled turkey.
That demonstrates zero respect and empathy for the user, and the whole development management team should be replaced.
Jun 23, 2009
973 posts
20 upvotes
If my RBC DI account has only USD cash in it, will RBC automatically convert the remaining USD after I purchase US shares to CAD to pay for the $9.99 CAD fee? I have no CAD in my account currently and will need to cover the CAD fee for the sell of the securities.
Oct 14, 2015
379 posts
91 upvotes
ahbitheman wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 10:42 am
If my RBC DI account has only USD cash in it, will RBC automatically convert the remaining USD after I purchase US shares to CAD to pay for the $9.99 CAD fee?
Not entirely sure I understand the question, but yes, if there are insufficient funds in one currency, they will automatically take what's needed from the other currency - at a ridiculous exchange rate, of course.
If readers can't do anything with the content of a topic other than argue about it, it does not belong here.
Jun 23, 2009
973 posts
20 upvotes
Thanks. I was asking in regards go a Norbit's gambit. This did happen and I believe the exchange rate was 0.005 the spot rate which isn't that ridiculous. Another question:

Within RBC DI cash account, if I recently sold my ALL my investments on Day X (have no cash otherwise in the account), and settling to cash will take place on Day X+2, but I see a great deal on a stock on Day X+1, can I purchase that stock given my initial sell of stock hasn't settled yet? Or do I need to be on a margin account. To make things a little more complicated, My initial sell of ALL investments was after a same day buy from all cash doing a Norbit's gambit. So technically, I've been told to view it as if I just have cash in my account.
IrwinW wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 5:23 am
Not entirely sure I understand the question, but yes, if there are insufficient funds in one currency, they will automatically take what's needed from the other currency - at a ridiculous exchange rate, of course.
Nov 26, 2014
303 posts
45 upvotes
Quebec
I just started active trading 3 months ago and I have access to level 2 quotes with RBC Direct Investing. Is it normal that on level 2 quotes I only see the 10 bids and asks in line instead of the whole order book?

Other thing is 9.95$ per trade or 6.95$ if I trade more than 150 per quarter seems expensive?

Last point the interface is slow and ugly...

Are all the other brokers limited to 10 bids and asks, have abusive fees and are slow and ugly?
Jan 10, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
I am thinking open a RBC DI, so I have some questions.
1 is RBC DI webpage placing order fast enough for day trading (acutally minute trading)

2 I wanna open a margin account ,what about the leveage ,50% 30%?

3if I get a cash account finally, can I do T+0 or have to T+3? I was told I can do t+0 unlimited times in a day with cash account , but settlement will be in 3days.But Google said cash account only can do 3 times in couple month "good faith trading" ,otherwish account will be suspended.

Thank you
Apr 14, 2006
34 posts
8 upvotes
St Johns
Question: Any Royal Circle Members or RBC DI Active Trader? Just curious about their 'premium' research, I have a RBC DI and get access to their daily market commentary but wondering if anyone could share a premium research report to get an idea of how it looks.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1162 posts
283 upvotes
Oakville
tradinghumble wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 10:43 pm
Question: Any Royal Circle Members or RBC DI Active Trader? Just curious about their 'premium' research, I have a RBC DI and get access to their daily market commentary but wondering if anyone could share a premium research report to get an idea of how it looks.
ENB research report attached. Not sure if this is part of their Premium Research as I've always had access.

Sometime last year RBC changed the format of their reports. The old ones, called "Foundation Reports", used to have evaluations for Price Momentum Quadrant and QuaDS Score which I found helpful.
Images
  • ENB Research Report_01.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_02.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_03.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_04.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_05.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_06.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_07.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_08.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_09.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_10.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_11.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_12.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_13.jpg
  • ENB Research Report_14.jpg
Jan 22, 2015
609 posts
150 upvotes
Got locked out of my account for unknown reasons. It's asking for my 8 digit account number. What is that?? I have the client card number and the account numbers for my tfsa and unregistered investment account. Both are 9 and 10 digits. Hold time for customer support is 1 hr...
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
43922 posts
11161 upvotes
If we have trading authority over a few relatives' accounts, does that mean the total holdings is used to calculate if we have reached the threshold to become a Royal Circle Member or will the threshold have to be met on a per client card basis (what we see when we log into our DI accounts)?
Jan 10, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
Hi, GUys ,I wonder if I can do options spread strategies with a RBC Margin account , or there are some limits like 100,000?
Apr 14, 2006
34 posts
8 upvotes
St Johns
RETD wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 12:51 pm
ENB research report attached. Not sure if this is part of their Premium Research as I've always had access.

Sometime last year RBC changed the format of their reports. The old ones, called "Foundation Reports", used to have evaluations for Price Momentum Quadrant and QuaDS Score which I found helpful.
yes, these are definitely premium reports, thanks.
May 11, 2015
217 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Where does one find these premium reports? I have the Morningstar ones but I can't seem to find anything from RBC, also what are the requirements to get them, do you pay for this?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1325 posts
497 upvotes
I just noticed that I qualified for Royal Circle. Anything special amount this? I don't feel a thing different.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)