Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3023 posts
2547 upvotes
Vancouver

Unscented hair gel

Where can I get styling gel that doesn't have perfume in it. Everything in the mainstream drugstores and supermarkets has added fragrance. The only unscented hair styling gels I can find are at Whole Foods in minuscule quantities for $45, or this on Amazon for $20. if that's really my only option I'd rather just get a buzz cut.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts a location-specific question without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
6 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3023 posts
2547 upvotes
Vancouver
I found this product at SDM, it doesn't have good reviews but hey, as for products without added perfume there's not much else.

https://www.amazon.ca/Alberto-European- ... B00BOUQ6R6
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts a location-specific question without giving a location

Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5164 posts
498 upvotes
You could try making your own flax seed gel. Supposed to be easy and gets good reviews (well, amongst curly haired folk).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6259 posts
1068 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 3:14 pm
Where can I get styling gel that doesn't have perfume in it. Everything in the mainstream drugstores and supermarkets has added fragrance. The only unscented hair styling gels I can find are at Whole Foods in minuscule quantities for $45, or this on Amazon for $20. if that's really my only option I'd rather just get a buzz cut.
Not sure what your budget is but you should look at pomades they are more expensive but much better for your hair. You can get them in unscented.
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3867 posts
5307 upvotes
Ontario
Female chiming in here: L'Oreal Studio Line Design styling gel level 3 hold is very mild to almost unscented. However the level 4 hold has an ingredient that is scented and gave my brother headaches.
For some reason the L'Oreal Canada site won't click to a product page but the picture shows up when you hold the mouse pointer over the Hair Styling/Hair Gel category.
https://www.lorealparis.ca/en/products/ ... g/hair-gel

Regular price of gel runs from over $6 to $7 and change (Shoppers, Rexall, Fortinos and other Loblaw banners). Best sale price is $4.99 at Rexall sometimes (have not seen $3.99 price in 2018 or I missed seeing that sales flyer).
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3023 posts
2547 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks but “almost unscented” or “lightly scented” won’t do. For me, products need to have no added fragrance. If “parfum” appears anywhere on the ingredient list, I won’t buy it.

The Alberto gel I bought is working okay, it’s a little watery and doesn’t last very long unless you use a lot.