Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2012

up to 98% off Crashplan online backup - discount clock rolling down every 2 hours

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2012 6:24 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 20, 2004
179 posts
28 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Thanks ops just picked up the family plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
2748 posts
153 upvotes
Probably don't need this as I've been using Box and Dropbox but I got the single plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1544 posts
219 upvotes
Thanks OP. got in at 95%. 7.20 for a years worth of automated offsite backup ain't bad. I already have a onsite backup solution so this completes the backup trinity (local version + onsite backup + offsite backup).
Jun 23, 2007
906 posts
1239 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Thanks. $3 now for a single plan. Can't really go wrong for that I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
1808 posts
181 upvotes
stony wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2012 2:59 pm
Thanks. $3 now for a single plan. Can't really go wrong for that I guess.
Isn't this $3/month valid for a total of 12 mo or 1 year. And besides, this isn't a replacement for Dropbox, it's only online PC backup just like windows backup.
Jun 23, 2007
906 posts
1239 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
It is $3 (well, $3.60 at the time that I write this) for 1 year on a single computer. I'm using this for a full backup of photos, videos (personal), and documents so Dropbox is not an option for that. I have multiple backups of my primary drive including one in a digital fire safe, but having an offsite storage is important too. A bit paranoid perhaps but better to be safe than sorry. Especially at this price.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2012
1808 posts
181 upvotes
stony wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2012 3:51 pm
It is $3 (well, $3.60 at the time that I write this) for 1 year on a single computer. I'm using this for a full backup of photos, videos (personal), and documents so Dropbox is not an option for that. I have multiple backups of my primary drive including one in a digital fire safe, but having an offsite storage is important too. A bit paranoid perhaps but better to be safe than sorry. Especially at this price.
I personallyy cannot back up online having only 10 mbit/s upload on the ultimate plan w roggers ... 4tb of files would take a year considering the 250/ mo cap and sht speed ROGGERS
Aug 9, 2009
610 posts
354 upvotes
Vancouver/New York
You actually can do this if you have an existing account. What I did was I purchased without logging in, and used a different email address when purchasing. When I clicked "Place Order" it asked me where to send the invoice, I entered my actual account email. After placing the order, I logged into my actual account and the 1-year plan was in there and working properly. I'll use this for a year, until next black friday.
Apr 18, 2012
947 posts
302 upvotes
Awesome. I was debating using one of these services for backing up photos and videos, but the $50/year cost was holding me back from trying it. Spending $3.xx is a good opportunity to try this out.
Jun 23, 2007
906 posts
1239 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
For anyone still considering this, it is now at 83% off.

My thoughts in a quick and mini-review: very, very easy and intuitive software and settings. After two minutes of poking around in the various tabs (backup, restore, settings, etc...) I am very comfortable using it. The only downside, and this is one that Roggers alluded to above, is the uploading (and this is not necessarily a factor of crashplan; Shaw speeds definitely fit in here too). I'm backing up 212 GB of photos and movies and it is scheduled to take 43 days to complete. Yikes. It did not even click to me that that would be the case ... obvious now but oblivious before. :o Well, once it is all backed up, updating files and uploading new files should go much quicker.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
17834 posts
2222 upvotes
Waterloo
vinyan331 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2012 4:08 pm
You actually can do this if you have an existing account. What I did was I purchased without logging in, and used a different email address when purchasing. When I clicked "Place Order" it asked me where to send the invoice, I entered my actual account email. After placing the order, I logged into my actual account and the 1-year plan was in there and working properly. I'll use this for a year, until next black friday.
Did that really EXTEND your current subscription by 1 year? (eg. if you have 1 month left, did it become 13 months after?)

or you had no subscription in your existing account right now? (eg. then it becomes 1 Year after you bought this promo)

Thanks
Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan/AMEX MR <= AMEX Platinum 75K, Business Gold 40K FYF, Gold 25K FYF, SPG 20K $120
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
8952 posts
575 upvotes
Toronto
$11.40... Too expensive... Pass :)

I don't like gather idea that it will take me forever to backup in the first place. Have like 300gb photos alone
Follow me on Instagram and 500px
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
12564 posts
896 upvotes
Toronto
Just bought for $11.40. It'll take a while to upload but I can just leave my pc on while I'm at work.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
May 29, 2011
166 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
So it's been 1 week since Black friday. Whats everyone using their Crashplan for? :)
× < >