Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

16GB NEXUS 4 @FIDO $100 2yr/$425 outright. @VIRGIN $0 TAB/$399 outright.

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2013 7:21 pm
Tags:
Jul 20, 2006
163 posts
11 upvotes
Task514 wrote: Got a notification that my reserved phone is being shipped!
Me too. I am surprised to get the shipping notice because my position was 136 on Saturday when I checked. Not complaining though :)
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
zxczxc wrote: Me too. I am surprised to get the shipping notice because my position was 136 on Saturday when I checked. Not complaining though :)
I assumed there wasn't many reservations since this was not advertized like the Z10.
I reserved pretty late and was around 210 in line a week or so ago.
May 17, 2006
605 posts
191 upvotes
Task514 wrote: I assumed there wasn't many reservations since this was not advertized like the Z10.
I reserved pretty late and was around 210 in line a week or so ago.
I just reserved a few minutes ago and I'm #5 in line. Must've filled everyone up to today and started over.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3426 posts
80 upvotes
I got a text saying mine has shipped too. Should be about 300$ after spending up my FIDO dollars. Hopefully the phone will live up to expectations.
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Dec 23, 2009
628 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
Was position #213 in line, then couple days ago the status went from "OPEN" to "IN PROGRESS", and got notification today that it's been shipped.
It says "The store will hold it until 2/26/2013, after which, it will be at the store’s discretion to make the phone available to the next customer."
So I guess I'll be able to get the phone before the 26th launch date? Cool (:
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
so which is better, Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4 ?
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
there will probably be a galaxy s4 announcement next month.
marc_t wrote: so which is better, Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4 ?
Jan 23, 2007
8 posts
oilersoilers wrote: Nexus 4 is live on the Fido website as of this morning!
And I just got an sms from Fido/Rogers saying my phone is ready for pickup at the store I've designated. Get to go pick it up in an hour. Check your stores if you reserved. I was somewhere around 160 in line few days ago.
Feb 27, 2005
910 posts
87 upvotes
oilersoilers wrote: Nexus 4 is live on the Fido website as of this morning!
Not on the website but virgin Mobile has a coming soon sign up page.
Dec 23, 2009
628 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
showmethedeal wrote: And I just got an sms from Fido/Rogers saying my phone is ready for pickup at the store I've designated. Get to go pick it up in an hour. Check your stores if you reserved. I was somewhere around 160 in line few days ago.
I thought they were supposed to call you when your phone is ready. Anyway, the tracking # on my phone says "delivered" 9A.M. today, I'm waiting for the phone call or sms.
Nov 23, 2010
162 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
got a call for pickup, BUT fido employee is not willing to release it before the actual release date, says he has to talk to his manager, bunch of crap
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1793 posts
705 upvotes
Montreal
tha_bandit wrote: got a call for pickup, BUT fido employee is not willing to release it before the actual release date, says he has to talk to his manager, bunch of crap
That's so BS

edit:
If you got notified yesterday and shipped/called today, they will hold your phone until the 26th only (same as me)...
and the phone is to be released the 29th (what a rep told me).
So it makes no sense in waiting till release date.
May 8, 2012
444 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa
Task514 wrote: That's so BS

edit:
If you got notified yesterday and shipped/called today, they will hold your phone until the 26th only (same as me)...
and the phone is to be released the 29th (what a rep told me).
So it makes no sense in waiting till release date.
Next February 29th is in 2016... so that's gonna be a long wait.

A few new Nexus phones should be out by then.
Nov 23, 2010
162 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
manu117 wrote: Next February 29th is in 2016... so that's gonna be a long wait.

A few new Nexus phones should be out by then.
LOL, to clarify the rep said he'll release the phone on the 23rd, and will hold for 10 days from the 23rd as well. In the reservation system, it says they'll hold it till the 26th.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3426 posts
80 upvotes
Did anyone get one yet and can confirm they come unlocked and untouched from FIDO?
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Mike71 wrote: Did anyone get one yet and can confirm they come unlocked and untouched from FIDO?
all nexus devices are always unlocked
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
DON'T BUY LIKE I WANTED TO BUY!
HTC ONE IS OUT. AMAZING SPECS!
WILL FIDO CARRY IT? SPAM THEIR FACEBOOK WALL!

But the HTC one looks perfect, except no microsd (but min 32gb), is heavy 143g (wish a 4.7 inches = 125g), and not as thin as 8mm. Also battery is only 2300, good but could hope for 2500+.

Beside that it rocks! Design looks like iPhone 5, so that's good!
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)