Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1070 posts
196 upvotes

Update: Canadiantire Mastercraft Lifetime Warranty No receipt

My mastercraft torque wrench has some issues and has a lifetime warranty on it. I don't have a receipt anymore but will canadiantire take the torque wrench back for repair?

[UPDATE] exchanged item with no problems at all.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1156 posts
387 upvotes
Vancouver
From working at CT last summer I can tell you that we had multiple people everyday bring back mastercraft products with no receipt and got a replacement of the exact item, no questions asked. If they give you problems just ask to speak to a manager, but they shouldn't.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4470 posts
2213 upvotes
Kitchener
I just wish Canadian Tire would cover the crappy socket set cases that fall apart if you use them on a regular basis :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1070 posts
196 upvotes
DefconZero wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:54 am
From working at CT last summer I can tell you that we had multiple people everyday bring back mastercraft products with no receipt and got a replacement of the exact item, no questions asked. If they give you problems just ask to speak to a manager, but they shouldn't.

Thanks. I will ask them about this.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5431 posts
1589 upvotes
Yeah just like Craftman at Sears (which I actually prefer over CT) if the tools clearly has the Mastercraft name and part number, no receipt should be needed.
They probably won't replace the tool itself, just the "head" mechanism part.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76607 posts
1558 upvotes
If Canadian Tire is the only carrier of Mastercraft, then why would you need a receipt.

But then again, its canadain tire, they will find some excuse
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1070 posts
196 upvotes
Spidey wrote:
May 18th, 2011 1:00 pm
But then again, its canadain tire, they will find some excuse

Exactly. That is what I am afraid about
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4453 posts
132 upvotes
GTA
They don't call it Crappy Tire for nothing...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
198 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
May 18th, 2011 12:13 pm
I just wish Canadian Tire would cover the crappy socket set cases that fall apart if you use them on a regular basis :(
They do.....
Albin wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:44 am
My mastercraft torque wrench has some issues and has a lifetime warranty on it. I don't have a receipt anymore but will canadiantire take the torque wrench back for repair?
I can remember some stipulation about the warranty on these things. I think it was that the warranty does not cover calibration or something like that. They should repair/replace depending on the issue.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1070 posts
196 upvotes
jason9945 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 2:28 pm
They do.....

I can remember some stipulation about the warranty on these things. I think it was that the warranty does not cover calibration or something like that. They should repair/replace depending on the issue.

My torque wrench won't go back or forth. So once I torque the bolt, I need to take the socket out and resposition it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6699 posts
521 upvotes
Toronto
Never had a problem with no receipt for sockets and screwdrivers.

OP, I really doubt you'll have a problem.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1070 posts
196 upvotes
cwb27 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:20 pm
Never had a problem with no receipt for sockets and screwdrivers.

OP, I really doubt you'll have a problem.

Thanks, that's really good to hear. Was going to buy a new one and then I saw the lifetime warranty on it.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
14868 posts
5175 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
May 18th, 2011 12:13 pm
I had my replaced because I stepped on it and it broken the hinges. The case is not a regularly stocked item so it took like 4 weeks to get there, but there weren't any issues.
Jun 3, 2012
1 posts
Seems like Canadian Tire has changed policies. I received a Mastercraft Brad nailer for Christmas. I finally had a project in mid Feb that I could use my new present. So with all the material ready I started my project with new tool. After the the fist couple nails I noticed that the nails were not sinking completely. When I tried to adjust the depth setting I found the the adjuster dial to be frozen making impossible to adjust the depth setting. I had to finished my project and had to sink each nail individually because of this. When I took the product back to Canadian Tire I was told I needed to have the receipt. So I had to go to the gift giver and ask for the receipt. The product had been bought in Oct and since 90 days had past no exchange was possible. I was told I had to take the product with receipt to third party repair shop, the closest one being 30 minute drive to see if the problem was covered by the warranty. The repair shop accepted the product telling me it was covered by warranty. A week later I get a call from the repair shop telling me that the repair was done but unfortunately the repair was not covered by warranty and the cost was going to be $40+ and it was ready for pick up.
Very disappoint in Canadian Tires handling of this issue. It will be a long time before I purchase another Mastercraft product. I will stick with the name brands.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18788 posts
1205 upvotes
mpadmore wrote:
Feb 26th, 2013 7:27 pm
Seems like Canadian Tire has changed policies. I received a Mastercraft Brad nailer for Christmas. I finally had a project in mid Feb that I could use my new present. So with all the material ready I started my project with new tool. After the the fist couple nails I noticed that the nails were not sinking completely. When I tried to adjust the depth setting I found the the adjuster dial to be frozen making impossible to adjust the depth setting. I had to finished my project and had to sink each nail individually because of this. When I took the product back to Canadian Tire I was told I needed to have the receipt. So I had to go to the gift giver and ask for the receipt. The product had been bought in Oct and since 90 days had past no exchange was possible. I was told I had to take the product with receipt to third party repair shop, the closest one being 30 minute drive to see if the problem was covered by the warranty. The repair shop accepted the product telling me it was covered by warranty. A week later I get a call from the repair shop telling me that the repair was done but unfortunately the repair was not covered by warranty and the cost was going to be $40+ and it was ready for pick up.
Very disappoint in Canadian Tires handling of this issue. It will be a long time before I purchase another Mastercraft product. I will stick with the name brands.
That's not a hand tool. Only hand tools have lifetime warranty.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings