Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] UPDATE: CT: Mastercraft Air Compressor $114 after MIR, 2HP, 5 gallon

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2006 8:12 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1766 posts
103 upvotes

[Canadian Tire] UPDATE: CT: Mastercraft Air Compressor $114 after MIR, 2HP, 5 gallon

EDIT Nov 4 - For those looking for a mid-level electric Air Compressor Canadian Tire has this one on sale this week for $164.99 - $50 MIR = $114.99.

Mastercraft Dolly Compressor w/ Bonus Brad Nailer 1 1/4"
Reg $274.99, Now $114.99 w/MIR
Product #58-8097-6

2HP peak, 5 gallon, oil lubricated compressor
Unique fully enclosed design
125 maximum PSI
5.1 SCFM at 40 PSI, 4.1 SCFM at 90 PSI (says 4.0 SCFM on the box!?!)
3,450 RPM induction motor
18-piece accessory kit includes inflating nozzles, connectors, blow gun, 25' coil hose and more
Top-mounted storage compartment
Front-mounted control panel
Protective roll bar and hose wrap storage

======================================================
The CT store in Alliston has this compressor on Clearance. But not on clearance at other stores (?!?)

Mastercraft 4-gallon Compressor with Bonus 2" Nailer
Reg $249.99, DISCONTINUE CLEARANCE $149.99 (Save 40%)
Product #58-7922-8

Mastercraft 4-gallon pancake compressor with 2" nailer
2 peak HP oil-less
Built in dolly
7.3 CFM at 40 PSI, 4.6 CFM 90
125 Max PSI
Comes with a 2" 18-gauge brad nailer (58-8488)
Can handle a wide range of air tools
3-year manufacturer's warranty

============================================================
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
2203 posts
5213 upvotes
Montreal
decent price...

the dolly compressor was on sale maybe a month ago for 164.99, and before that it was on sale in June for ~130 when I bought it during there nationwide "liquadation sale"

I'm happy though with the dolly compressor! Great to roll around instead of carrying a pancake style.

Edit: I did forget the mention though that my brad nailer that they supplied with the dolly compressor had cracked where you screw in the 1/4" NPT nipplel! I went back to the store and the manager had to give me their cheapest replacement model -- it was the brad nailer/stapler in one! That made me happier. But the fabrication of the supplied brad nailer is poor IMO.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1766 posts
103 upvotes
I actually got the Dolly model for the price of the pancake style because the Sale tags were accidentally mixed up on the display units. It was the Sales guy that noticed it and offered to give it to me for the cheaper price :!: :cheesygri

Again I stress YMMV (your mileage may vary) - check your local CT and then ask to PM the Alliston store...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1766 posts
103 upvotes
FYI - I spoke with the Allsiton CT store and they have no PM'ing other store requests!
Mar 21, 2006
6 posts
The Mastercraft dolly compressor is in the flyer today. It looks like it's on sale for 114.99 after a mail in rebate. But the MIR is actually for a $50 gift card if you spend $200 or more, so it really has nothing to do with the compressor, and you actually have to buy the compressor, plus enough other CT crap to get the total up to $200.... I hate it when do pull this kind of crap!
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Computer dust bunnies, be afraid... be very afraid!

:twisted:
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8193 posts
970 upvotes
All of these have gone on sale for that price or less before during a clearance event or weekly flyer... Even the last one, has been on before for $250 and had accessories... watch your prices, that is the CT way, mention Clearance and no matter what they were sold for before we think it's a steal!
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Mar 21, 2006
6 posts
ssphillips wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2006 8:51 pm
The Mastercraft dolly compressor is in the flyer today. It looks like it's on sale for 114.99 after a mail in rebate. But the MIR is actually for a $50 gift card if you spend $200 or more, so it really has nothing to do with the compressor, and you actually have to buy the compressor, plus enough other CT crap to get the total up to $200.... I hate it when do pull this kind of crap!
I just checked the CT website and foudn that there is in fact an actual MIR for this compressor. So it was just the store staff that sucked, not the company...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8193 posts
970 upvotes
Not a bad deal for $119 after rebate... check the ratings though, and make sure that it is enough to run other apps... some of them look huge, and have very little pressure to run more than the occassional nailer or air gun.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1766 posts
103 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2006 11:51 am
Not a bad deal for $119 after rebate... check the ratings though, and make sure that it is enough to run other apps... some of them look huge, and have very little pressure to run more than the occassional nailer or air gun.
It has it's own $50 MIR to get the $114 price.

I have to agree with above, the rating on this unit is only 4.0CFM@90psi which is on the low end for ratings. Most air wrenchs need at least 5.x CFM@90psi to work properly (4.6 absolute minimum - which may not provide enough torque for a tight wheel nut). I bought this unit last night but I'm hesitant to open it because the 4.0CFM (as stated on the box) is just too low. Even the smaller not-on-sale 4.0 gallon pancake Mastercraft compressor has 4.6 CFM@90psi and a 2" nailer, which is way more practical. I don't know why they do that!

Also, the bonus nailer is only the 1 1/4" nailer which is the cheaper nailer.

But what's also important here is that this unit is oil-lubricated and has a cast iron pump which is much better maintenance-wise and quieter than the oil-less drive with a standard pump. Also, air compressors are quite heavy so having the dolly with wheels is very helpful.

FYI - The Mastercraft 101 peice air compressor kit was on-sale last week but again the torque wrench was rated at 6.0CFM which is too big for this air compressor unit. This just really sucks.....
× < >