Update on the new score/voting system

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2017 10:43 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9503 posts
790 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Q: Why do down votes mean so much to you guys??

Damn, just do what I do. Turn OFF notifications for down votes. They wont show up on your notification screen OR emails. Down votes do NOT affect your up vote totals. It's not a +/- system like Disqus or Reddit. Obviously RFD plans to keep it as it has been months and still no definitive conclusion as to what the admins will do. So looks like the default is they will keep it. Kinda pathetic.. so might as well do what I do and just ignore the whole thing.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
8864 posts
2885 upvotes
Please, for the love of God, RFD, if you're going to do one thing, please end the anonymity on the downvote feature.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2283 posts
298 upvotes
I'm still not clear on what the purpose of "voting" is nor why everyone seems to care so much about it. Is the number of "upvotes" tied to your account some sort of badge of honor? Is your reputation lessened if you suffer downvotes? The whole thing sounds immature, asinine and pointless to me.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2011
2809 posts
175 upvotes
GTA
Has RFD new signup increase or decrease since downvoting is introduced?

Many of my friends lurks and remained lurking, after seeing how threads quickly derail into debates then name calling.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1443 posts
1460 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
I've noticed a question mark in a circle next to a thread's score. Clicking it allows me to see a "Score breakdown" of the upvotes and downvotes. There are reasons now showing up for the downvotes:

• Not a good price
  • Bad product/service
  • Poor merchant reputation
  • Unable to get the deal
  • Other (downvote)

Is this something new, as I don't recall seeing it before?
Oct 15, 2016
63 posts
7 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 7:44 pm
I've noticed a question mark in a circle next to a thread's score. Clicking it allows me to see a "Score breakdown" of the upvotes and downvotes. There are reasons now showing up for the downvotes:

• Not a good price
  • Bad product/service
  • Poor merchant reputation
  • Unable to get the deal
  • Other (downvote)

Is this something new, as I don't recall seeing it before?
I just noticed this and is also wondering the same thing. I came this section of the forum hoping for more detail about this new feature, but I'm only seeing "New feature: Thread Hiding."
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
2773 posts
324 upvotes
•Not a good price
•Bad product/service
•Poor merchant reputation
•Unable to get the deal
•Other (downvote)
so how do you use it ? I don't see the option to choose ... just the old "up/down" ...
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel