Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

BlackBerry Z10 $99 at Rogers $250 on 2years at Fido $450 at Koodo outright.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2013 5:30 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
N8Magic wrote: I don't, especially with QNX and its sandboxed way of running things.

But BGR (the biggest Apple shill around) thought it was pretty important to point out.
Anyone who dare to point that out can be on the ignore list, unless it takes like 10 minutes to boot. My iphone is not particularly fast in cold boot, nor the N7. The fastest boot I have right now is my SSD equipped W7 laptop, like 10-20 sec :-)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
terrytccheung wrote: you fail to understand that lower specs is not equivalent to a lesser phone. the software and operating system is optimized for the hardwdare. the experience will be just as fast as the iphone 5 and galaxy s, and far and above faster than most android and wp devices.
I agree with you!

Its really funny to hear the Apple fan boys talking about lower specs thus it must be bad.

Aren't they the same ones the jump down ppls throats when ppl start comparing Macs to Windows based machines.... then its all about how the lower specs are superior cause the OSX is optimized!! :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
buy buy buy!
So windows phone market % will decrease!
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Aug 10, 2011
64 posts
18 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Does this mean older BB's won't be getting updates anymore?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2008
5064 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
yorkubro wrote: Does this mean older BB's won't be getting updates anymore?
yes, older bb phones are super old now.

Edit: meant they wont get the 10 os
Current KOODO customer😎
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Dazog wrote: If you watch the verge review you will see it's a mess.

I bet 10.1 will fix it, but my god it looks really hard to get to information fast with there new hub and peek system.

I usually don't watch reviews of devices, as it's hard to find unbiased reviews. Otherwise I would never have bought a playbook based on all the negativity. I'll try it in store when it's out next week and judge for myself.
Jul 13, 2006
888 posts
72 upvotes
Why would RIM not release the BB10 simultaneously in Toronto as Dubai, UAE? Is Dubai UAE the new premium market for BB !
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3141 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
Cheetahmen2 wrote: iPhone 5s is not a new iPhone, the only thing it will have is a 13MP camera and Probably No Scratches when you take it out of the box for the first time... Awesome... cant wait to line up with mah McDonalds coffee.. because iPhone 5 was unable to tell me where Starbucks was because Maps suck
Actually, McD's coffee is REALLY good, but if you are talking about drinks though....
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
2059 posts
425 upvotes
Scarborough
There's nothing like OS10,
There's nothing like Z10 and Q10,
Together through the Storm,
There's nothing like Style,
There's nothing like Bold and Curve together, oh.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2757 posts
1508 upvotes
Toronto
The problem that BlackBerry is facing is the poor app selection. I don't care if someone says "apps don't matter" because they do. All smartphones can make calls, send/check email, text, take pictures, all the basics things you expect a smartphone to do. BlackBerry may have found a slightly different way to accomplish some of these tasks but that is not going to be enough to attract a large user base. The guy/girl using an iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3 is not going to ditch it because BlackBerry has a new OS that has a neat way of typing with it's new keyboard. The hub feature may be nice but it's just that, nice and nothing more. It's not a feature that is going to pull customers in when the two big competitors have their own features they tout to go along side much more quality apps. It seems that BB10 does many of the basics perfectly fine but if someone has a phone that already does those things what is the point of getting a BB device? There are no killer features to sway customers.

Android has not been able to catch iOS in terms of quality apps after years of competition. What chance does BB10 have? They don't even have some of the biggest apps available at launch which seems like a major screw up considering what is at stake. To top it off BlackBerry released a flagship device that looks and supposedly feels kind of cheap. This was their one shot to re-brand themselves and they do it with a device that is nothing special. It's very safe in terms of design which is going to fail to catch the attention of non business users. The Q10 should have been the device strictly marketed to business users and the Z10 should have had a design that looks more elegant than a black plastic brick.

I get what they're trying to do but after so many years of delays and dragging their feet as iOS and Android scooped up their market share you think their relaunch would have been stronger. Even if initial reviews are not always 100% accurate, the fact that they have been lukewarm to warm at this point is not a good sign.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
at this moment, they are not at the attract a large user base stage. Just give something that is more or less on par with iOS/Android to its faithful base(stop the bleeding).

beside even apple can only make something that is a bit longer as the 'new' innovation. so it is not easy to have the 'iphone' moment.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2757 posts
1508 upvotes
Toronto
chimp wrote: at this moment, they are not at the attract a large user base stage. Just give something that is more or less on par with iOS/Android to its faithful base(stop the bleeding).

beside even apple can only make something that is a bit longer as the 'new' innovation. so it is not easy to have the 'iphone' moment.
Just feels like the execution was off after so much time to perfect it.

- Some big name apps missing at launch
- Android apps that run horribly mixed in with BB apps
- Very safe design that does not look elegant or high end (basically the same shape as the iPhone 5 but with cheaper materials)
- Fails to really blow iOS or Android out of the water with at least 1 particular feature
- Problems are popping up with BB10 once reviewers start to dig deeper

It's nice but nice may not cut it in 2013 after years of bleeding and the BB name haven taken such a large hit.
Dec 23, 2003
833 posts
30 upvotes
Newmarket
i currently have rogers 6gb for iphone. If I switch to BB10, do I have to switch the data type for blackberry, or can i simply switch from 1 phone to another? Will it effect my data usage?
Mar 26, 2007
688 posts
46 upvotes
reqle55 wrote: i currently have rogers 6gb for iphone. If I switch to BB10, do I have to switch the data type for blackberry, or can i simply switch from 1 phone to another? Will it effect my data usage?
You'd have to call them to tell them you are switching to BB. Your plan should remain the same and they should do it for free
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2007
1024 posts
329 upvotes
GTA
minirx7 wrote: This year i went from an Iphone 4s to two samsung S3, and now i switched again to my Note 2. I dont see any REVOLUTIONARY features in this new BB10 that makes me say, wow thats better than an iphone/android/Windows 8 phone or even the new Ubuntu phone...
If you disagree let m eknow@!
I'm curious to know what was 'revolutionary' that made you switch from iPhone4 to S3. and then to GN2..
how many revolutionary features does it take to switch? 10? 3? 1?
elwebmaster wrote: And it loses against all phones when it comes to data plans: common BlackBerry, do you really need BIS for BBM and email?
Where do you see BIS plans for BB10?
elwebmaster wrote: You demonstrated a number of times that you don't care about end user privacy (by allowing foreign governments access to "end-to-end" encrypted communication) so really it is just the business users that are getting something unique with BB10.
This statement is so mis-informed, it borders on trolling.

Secure doesn't mean above the law.

Lawful access / lawful interception requirements by law enforcement bodies (hint, google either term) is something that most countries have already adopted in some form or another, and must be complied to within the countries where message/communication/data storage services reside by law, or they may not be allowed to operate, and is not specific to any one company.

So if you think the government (Canadian, US, or wherever) can't request your icloud-backed-up data, you should get yourself educated in such matters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICloud#Privacy
Privacy
iCloud data is kept encrypted on Apple servers, but Apple maintains a master key and can decrypt it when requested by government agencies.
.... or your personal mail through gmail, hotmail, or even imessage. Really, they can just ask those mail providers directly for that, and those providers will comply without question, guaranteed (with the right documents of course). :P
keyser-soze wrote: I agree with you!

Its really funny to hear the Apple fan boys talking about lower specs thus it must be bad.

Aren't they the same ones the jump down ppls throats when ppl start comparing Macs to Windows based machines.... then its all about how the lower specs are superior cause the OSX is optimized!! :facepalm:
:D
Or how amazingly crisp and hi-res the 'retina display' is... oh wait, people make screens with higher pixel density, with sharper images with more vibrant colours?? Whoah! :facepalm:
UTSC wrote: Why would RIM not release the BB10 simultaneously in Toronto as Dubai, UAE? Is Dubai UAE the new premium market for BB !
I believe this would be up to the carriers and their release/acceptance testing.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
Merc with a Mouth wrote: Just feels like the execution was off after so much time to perfect it.

- Some big name apps missing at launch
- Android apps that run horribly mixed in with BB apps
- Very safe design that does not look elegant or high end (basically the same shape as the iPhone 5 but with cheaper materials)
- Fails to really blow iOS or Android out of the water with at least 1 particular feature
- Problems are popping up with BB10 once reviewers start to dig deeper

It's nice but nice may not cut it in 2013 after years of bleeding and the BB name haven taken such a large hit.
The android port is a mistake IMO but a compromise between marketing and engineering. This approach never worked(dated back to CP/M days).

The 'wow' era of smart phone is over. WP is actually quite nice too but who cares. There was the blackberry that was revolutionary, then iphone and then nothing. Android is just making smartphone affordable, not something that 'wow'.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2757 posts
1508 upvotes
Toronto
oldskool75 wrote: I'm curious to know what was 'revolutionary' that made you switch from iPhone4 to S3. and then to GN2..
how many revolutionary features does it take to switch? 10? 3? 1?
I can tell you that some iPhone users switch to Android phones because of screen size. Might not be revolutionary but it makes a difference to some. I have a feeling if someone is going to jump ship from an iPhone to another phone it will most likely be Android simply because it offers more than any BB10 phone. If someone is going to move from an Android phone to another phone and is fine with around 4" inches, they will most likely choose an iPhone becuase of the amount and quality of apps.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6929 posts
3559 upvotes
Caledon
$39 Make this thread hot i guess !!!

http://crackberry.com/take-advantage-wi ... 00-savings

[QUOTE]Hey Canada, for a limited time you can pre-order your white BlackBerry Z10 through Rogers and take advantage of their Winter White-Hot event which will garner you a discount of up to $100 off the price of the phone. While the Winter White-Hot event page on the Rogers website doesn't list the discount for the Z10, Ronan over at BerryReview did get confirmation from a rep that it will qualify for a discount.

Of course, as with any deal, there is fine print. Savings of up to $100 off purchase of select white devices only with new activation before Feb. 19, 2013 on any 3-yr talk, text and internet plan having min. $45 monthly service fee.It looks like the Z10 will start at $139.99 on contract, which means that you could grab this awesome new device for as little as $39.99! Unbelievable.

What do you think CrackBerry nation? Are you going to be taking advantage of this offer and snatching up a white BlackBerry Z10 from Rogers?[/QUOTE]

I am happy with the Apps they released and the apps are lined up to be released .. No other OS had this many Apps on Day ONE !!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)