Expired Hot Deals

[Fido] BlackBerry Z10 $99 at Rogers $250 on 2years at Fido $450 at Koodo outright.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2013 5:30 pm
May 29, 2006
536 posts
101 upvotes
Andrew4Life wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 11:59 am
The bezel is big because the UI is gesture based so the bezel needs to be big for people to swipe from it. You can argue that it needs to be a smaller bezel, but I've tried a test phone with a smaller bezel and it was much harder to perform the gestures. I would say the size of the bezel is optimal.
Good point!.....Just looks kinda off when compared to the other top competitors
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16438 posts
1475 upvotes
can bb10 be 'rooted' or hacked yet? sideload .bar files? only RIM product i ever used was the playbook and it was pretty good for the price, staples -200 error! basically 60bucks for the 32gb version 1.5 years ago
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Oct 20, 2004
793 posts
45 upvotes
Coquitlam
gnuman wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 9:37 am
I'm not a fanboy of Blackberry or anything but there's something about this phone that I want it. Maybe it's the new features and going for the underdog. Heck I like BBM and what they rolled out now, I agree should've been done a while ago.

I'm opened to other platforms and have a playbook, an Asus Transformer Prime and heck the WebOS HP Touchpad. While you can say Touchpad and playbook are dead for you Apple fans out there but let me ask you this, when will you have true multitasking? And for pete's sake you're on iOS 6.1 and still cannot get autocorrect to work!

Look at how many people downloaded and installed evasi0n just to get more functionality out of the prison ecosystem that Apple has created. It's mindboggling.
I wholeheartedly agree with this post. I'm not a Blackberry fanboy either but there's something about the Z10 that makes me consider switching. My first series of smartphones were BB's (Pearl, Storm, Tour and Bold) before I made the transition to iPhone and now Android. I have a lot of experience with different phones, in the last calendar year I have owned: iPhone 4, Nexus S, Bold 9900, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5, and Galaxy S3.

I own several Apple products that I have acquired over the years, but to be honest I am becoming more and more jaded with them everyday. I mean how many times can they put a minor tweak on an existing product and call it a "revolutionary new product." In addition, iOS has become incredibly stale. Not to mention that every iteration of Mac OS X since Leopard has been progressively worse.

I'm on Android now, and though I am very happy with my S3, it just doesn't do some things very well, email being one of them. Separate mail applications for GMail and other email addresses is ridiculous. No push email for the stock email application is another flaw.

All in all I would say that no operating system is perfect, but what BlackBerry has done here is very impressive for a complete redesign. If I were in a position to switch phones right now, I would seriously consider a Z10.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16438 posts
1475 upvotes
z10 looks pretty good, i like that square rectangle design compared to the uglier s3 soap bar style. so it has LTE, removable battery and SD card slot?

nm: gsmarena: dual core only snapdragon 1.5 krait ghz , weaker then the nexus4, smaller battery too

pros: HDMI,microSD out , removeable battery

i'd trade my nexus 4 8gb for this z10 in a heartbeat
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2684 posts
225 upvotes
TrackerJacker wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 2:02 am
Just came back from Sunridge mall in Calgary and the source store in the mall offered Z10 for $0 on a 3yr contract.
Has anyone else come across this offer? In-store special at that one location maybe?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
4609 posts
888 upvotes
Mississauga
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 9:52 am
Clearly you're oblivious to the facts. There is nothing in the previous post that suggested that I'm a fanboy. Get a life man. Don't get so defensive over what are essentially facts. :rolleyes:
Z10 Dev Alpha back in dec 16th Kicking ***** on IP5 Browser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jBppA7qDd4

Z10 Released version Again Kicking ***** on IP5 on Ring Tests, HTML5 ( Funny to see Apple fanbois will say We don't care about HTML5 test, but then we bring the Flash Argument, they will say oh who cares about Flash, HTML5 is the future .. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XPAvnd8 ... be&t=2m33s

Did you people listen ??? QNX is very efficent OS and it scored the best number on Dual Core vs Quad Core Note 2 !!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
4609 posts
888 upvotes
Mississauga
mikka1989 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 12:21 pm
can bb10 be 'rooted' or hacked yet? sideload .bar files? only RIM product i ever used was the playbook and it was pretty good for the price, staples -200 error! basically 60bucks for the 32gb version 1.5 years ago
Sideload YES

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-ap ... 10-766594/
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3095 posts
561 upvotes
yeah the browser on the z10 is mad good, here is a comparison video against the nexus 4. So other than some ui lag the z10 looks much faster than the nexus 4. Hmm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmpvMu_V2A
Have questions about Koodo? Send me a pm and I will help out.
Aug 3, 2009
495 posts
26 upvotes
Bought the Z10, loved the experience, loved the hub, hated the apps :(

Found out my work doesnt support it yet and I absolutely need work emails on my phone. Ended up returning the phone for now, once they have good apps i'll be buying it again
Sep 24, 2012
611 posts
216 upvotes
CALGARY
mc_molineux wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 2:34 pm
Has anyone else come across this offer? In-store special at that one location maybe?
not sure if its a store special, but as you know Source is owned by Bell, so that could be reason selling for $0 on Bell
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5540 posts
218 upvotes
I've been using this phone for over a week now and it's a very good phone. Now the only knock on this phone is the app selection, which I hope will improve soon.

Hands down the best stock touch keyboard out of all smartphones. I have tried them all.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
6986 posts
654 upvotes
cyphr wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 3:44 pm
Bought the Z10, loved the experience, loved the hub, hated the apps :(

Found out my work doesnt support it yet and I absolutely need work emails on my phone. Ended up returning the phone for now, once they have good apps i'll be buying it again
Is it using BES ?
× < >