Expired Freebies

[Harvey's] Harvey's --> Free regular sized fries thru Facebook (Taxes extra).

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2010 1:26 pm
[OP]
May 25, 2009
513 posts
5065 upvotes

[Harvey's] Harvey's --> Free regular sized fries thru Facebook (Taxes extra).

[IMG]http://imgur.com/IvoKr.jpg[/IMG]Free Harvey's fries [IMG]http://imgur.com/IvoKr.jpg[/IMG]

Submit an entry into Harvey's "Name the Premium Burger contest" through Facebook and you will have the option to receive to receive e-offers and an e-coupon for a free order of regular fries. It takes about a week to receive.

Your name will be on the coupon, so don't enter "Hugh Jass" or "Ollie Tabooger". Limit one printable coupon per visit and it will expire two weeks after receipt. No purchase necessary, taxes extra.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/opWu3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://imgur.com/rC2rc.jpg[/IMG]
15 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2019 upvotes
Nowhere
I clicked on the link and filled out the form and got an email (or my friend got an email) saying Cheap Cat wanted you to see this and it is an email announcing the "name me burger". I can't see them sending multiple emails to people without their permission. Do you have to be a member in order to get the free fries coupon? Your post says "thank you for signing up for Harveys mail". I don't think they would be encouraging people to sign up their friends to an email list without their permission.
[OP]
May 25, 2009
513 posts
5065 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote:
Jul 5th, 2010 7:17 pm
I clicked on the link and filled out the form and got an email (or my friend got an email) saying Cheap Cat wanted you to see this and it is an email announcing the "name me burger".
I got the same initial email when I filled out the form. I referred myself just to test this promo out and today I received the free fries coupon to both email addresses (as referrer and referree). It took about a week to receive it. :)
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2019 upvotes
Nowhere
Thanks for clarifying. It just threw me when I got that email. I know that your post did say that it would take about a week to get the free fries coupon.
Oct 19, 2005
617 posts
78 upvotes
Midland
I got the email but only ask me to name a burger. There is no coupon of free fries. ............ do I have to wait for a week?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2694 posts
612 upvotes
Ottawa
Do we gotta write our full name? And what about ID - do we need to present it to use the coupon?
[OP]
May 25, 2009
513 posts
5065 upvotes
COCAPOO wrote:
Jul 5th, 2010 10:51 pm
I got the email but only ask me to name a burger. There is no coupon of free fries. ............ do I have to wait for a week?
I updated my OP because now Harvey's requires you to enter the contest in order to sign up for the free fries.
Akitakara wrote:
Jul 5th, 2010 11:43 pm
Do we gotta write our full name? And what about ID - do we need to present it to use the coupon?
Since it's now through Facebook, you do have to enter both a first and last name. There is no mention presenting ID though as far as I can tell.

TO MODS: I don't know if this should be moved to the contest forum or deleted all together since there is already a thread about this contest (but not the fries). I'll report my own post. :razz:
Sep 11, 2006
251 posts
14 upvotes
If u just order the fries which should be less than $4, there should not be any tax....

Am I wrong?
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
omg... i forgot to click the checkbox and now they wont send me the fries, even trying to submit with other details. damn you facebook!
Jun 30, 2010
790 posts
4951 upvotes
visitor wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 11:50 am
If u just order the fries which should be less than $4, there should not be any tax....

Am I wrong?
Just like before the HST, you still have to pay the GST portion (5%) of qualifying food and beverage purchases under $4.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
they're giving free premium burger coupon for those who participated in this, oGlad I got coupon this time!
EDIT:removed my link
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
50 upvotes
I saw it says I free coupon per visit.
So can you use this more than once it seems?

Not too crazy about the frozen fries,but if I am there already I guess?
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16124 posts
359 upvotes
Etobicoke
Gebraroest wrote:
Aug 8th, 2010 1:04 pm
damn, seems like I missed it
Does it say it's over, or is that just the reason the OPs link is not bringing me to a contest form?

I too got the email saying I'd be getting a coupon for the burger, some fries would be nice to go with it...lol.

Also I'm seeing that some of you are saying you already received the coupon? I'm pretty sure it said 4-6 weeks when I replied to the email with my mailing info...but that was a few days ago, so I could very well be confusing it with something else.....hopefully....lol. For those of you who did get the coupon, do you mind telling me how long it took from the time you got the email, I'm thinking that 4-6 week blurb is just standard info, but that maybe it really doesn't take that long.
Avril Lavigne Black Star Parfum & Cineplex Night out for Two $126, Leapster Gaming System worth $59.99 US; Trip to Cuba ARV $2000; Cineplex Movie ticket (iCoke/Nestea contest)$10; Palaria Clothing Hoody $69;Joe Fresh GC $25; 4 tics for Ted Nugent Concert; Joe Fresh Make-up Kit $50.00; $25 Bath & Body Works GC (Fresh Fiction contest for DiAnn Mills); $1000 in TD Exlusive Offers contest; $100 necklace from an on-the-spot draw while shopping at Sears
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11236 posts
4388 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Received a postcard/coupon in the mail yesterday for a free Harvey's Premium burger. I'm assuming it had something to do with this.