Shopping Discussion

Updated: Post #80! Futureshop wont take back their malfunctioning iPod Touch!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2007 6:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3813 posts
25 upvotes
krowten_hsid wrote: Do what esoxlee did:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=393838

spam the executives of FS and BB with links to this thread.

Still can't believe esoxlee didn't demand compensation for all the $hit he endured. Instead, he forced BB to donate $500 to sick kids in TO.
Yeah i am looking for who to send it to but he dosent have PM enabled and i cant find the info.

Oh and forget about hightech, he is a troll who works for FS or is somehow related to them. Would be nice to know which one he works at so we can avoid that store.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
Get those CSRs in trouble. Record it with your sell. To piss that person off more, let him know you want to get it on video of him saying, "Buyers Beware"

It's obvious that they aren't doing anything to help you so piss them off instead. I'm pissed off just reading this *****.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
kama wrote: Yes, but I dont think the scratches should even be considered at all!! FS can be picky about returns when people are returning items due to a change of heart. But when the piece isdefective (through no fault of the buyer), then they cant possibly be picky about one tiny scratch or two, as long as the scratches didnt contribute directly or indirectly to the defect!

So IMO, this whole scratch discussion is absolutely moot. FS should've exchanged the product without giving OP any hassle.
Of course not.

Even if they wanna be picky over a return cause of change of hear, it's THEIR return policy that they made, 30 days to return an item your not satisfied with, correct?

Whatever, I'm just glad that the OP was able to get a refund. :)

I think the people at Apple are worse. I went with my friend cause he had dust under the screen of his iPod touch, and a dead pixel. The stupid guy was trying to convince us it was a scratch. I told him he's an idiot and left the store :) (Friend wanted me to speak lol)

How is a scratch a dead pixel, I'll never know. A green dot and a line on the screen are two different things ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2006
2211 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
i guess it depends on which FS location you go to, sometimes the ppl are flexible with the return policy and sometimes they're not.

question: Is FS/BB more picky about returns if said item was a very recent release? that's what im getting about this case.

does the Touch have a lot of defect issues?
Banned
Jul 16, 2005
986 posts
al3x89 wrote: HE DIDN'T SCRATCHT HE IPOD, THE IPOD SCRATCHES WHEN YOU DO ANYTHING TO IT, EVEN IF YOU TRY TO CLEAN IT!!!
Doesn't the Touch have the same backing as the iPhone, which has the same aluminum backing or close to the ones used in the iPod Mini/Nano 2G?

I used my Nano 2G for about a week before my skin came in the mail, and there weren't any scratches on it at all.

And my brother used his iPhone for a few days before his Invisible Shield arrived and he still didn't have any scratches.

It's kind of hard to imagine getting a scratch on an iPod Touch back housing unless you were extremely rough or neglected it.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2313 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
To the OP, I'm glad you got your full refund back :) . I have a 1st gen nano and I know exactly how scratch sensitive the back is.

Is this 'Shamz' associate the one working at Yonge/Empress or the Markham/14th location?
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
infamous.yee wrote: Doesn't the Touch have the same backing as the iPhone, which has the same aluminum backing or close to the ones used in the iPod Mini/Nano 2G?

I used my Nano 2G for about a week before my skin came in the mail, and there weren't any scratches on it at all.

And my brother used his iPhone for a few days before his Invisible Shield arrived and he still didn't have any scratches.

It's kind of hard to imagine getting a scratch on an iPod Touch back housing unless you were extremely rough or neglected it.
The 2nd gen iPod Nano's are different. They're all one solid colour... the 3rd gen nano's are one colour on the front, and silver ont he back, and that scratches like hell.

I've seent he back of iPhone's, it's not the same. The iPhone it's like a dull grey, the back of the touch is that ******** material they use for all their other iPods, except for 2nd gen nano's, umm.. the Mini's, and shuffles. Probably a couple more, but I can't remember.
Banned
Jul 16, 2005
986 posts
al3x89 wrote: I've seent he back of iPhone's, it's not the same. The iPhone it's like a dull grey, the back of the touch is that ******** material they use for all their other iPods, except for 2nd gen nano's, umm.. the Mini's, and shuffles. Probably a couple more, but I can't remember.
Oh I see. Just judging from the pictures on Google that they had the same back, thanks for clearing that up.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3813 posts
25 upvotes
PSiBeR wrote: To the OP, I'm glad you got your full refund back :) . I have a 1st gen nano and I know exactly how scratch sensitive the back is.

Is this 'Shamz' associate the one working at Yonge/Empress or the Markham/14th location?
^