Expired Hot Deals

[Tangerine] UPDATED! Receive $100: Open ING Thrive Account - Expires Oct 31 2013

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2013 1:52 pm
Oct 8, 2006
218 posts
235 upvotes
If I previously had a savings account with them and then open up Thrive account with DD would I be eligible for this offer? Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has been asked before.

*edit I still have the savings account active and thrive would be under the same account number.
Oct 1, 2006
73 posts
3 upvotes
four1six wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2013 12:17 pm
If I previously had a savings account with them and then open up Thrive account with DD would I be eligible for this offer? Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has been asked before.

*edit I still have the savings account active and thrive would be under the same account number.
The terms at the bottom state: "Offer available to new ING DIRECT Clients only." So since you're already a client with them you don't qualify for this offer.
Aug 28, 2012
2 posts
I love all that ING has to offer. No fees on transactions, plus bonus money. It's actually really great.
They also have a current promo where if you are a new customer, you will get 2.5% interest rate on your money in a savings account. Plus you can get $25 as a new client (you have to enter in a Refer a Friend key when signing up).

Happy savings :)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2008
1420 posts
105 upvotes
candy21 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2013 9:54 pm
I love all that ING has to offer. No fees on transactions, plus bonus money. It's actually really great.
They also have a current promo where if you are a new customer, you will get 2.5% interest rate on your money in a savings account. Plus you can get $25 as a new client (you have to enter in a Refer a Friend key when signing up). Please use this key:

Happy savings :)
No offense to you candy21 but no referrals allowed... NSX do your job please and thank you!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15333 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
Newman26 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2013 10:26 pm
No offense to you candy21 but no referrals allowed... NSX do your job please and thank you!
:lol:
Selling Feng Shui Crane Coin (See Avatar) - $80 - PM!
Jan 20, 2013
65 posts
1 upvote
I have the Thrive account set up and got the $25 + $100 bonus already (the day after my first DD) =) happy to get free $$!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
6731 posts
272 upvotes
Vancouver
I tried depositing cheque via my iphone and I keep getting an error " we were not able to complete your upload. Please try again later" a bit disappointing. :(
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15333 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
^nsx in 3....2....1 lol
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2012
1922 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote:
Jul 8th, 2013 6:59 pm
I tried depositing cheque via my iphone and I keep getting an error " we were not able to complete your upload. Please try again later" a bit disappointing. :(
I have deposited at least 10 cheques so far.. no issue at all.. and all of them clears within 24 hours... I just deposited one this evening and hopefully will get an email to destroy the cheque by morning!
----
Mar 17, 2006
773 posts
83 upvotes
cskater wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2013 12:40 pm
The terms at the bottom state: "Offer available to new ING DIRECT Clients only." So since you're already a client with them you don't qualify for this offer.
I mentioned earlier in the thread you CAN get this promotion as a current ING client. I have a high savings account and was still able to get it. My payroll went in on Thursday and today I got an email informing me of the $100 bonus.

If you are a current ING client you just have to notify ING and they will make an exception for you.
Feb 7, 2010
243 posts
41 upvotes
I tried calling twice to get them to make an exception for me but both reps advised they can not do anything for me as an existing client. Any advice on what you had to say to get this? I currently have a Investment Savings Account but it has not been used for 2 years now. No direct deposit setup either.
kendorama wrote:
Jul 12th, 2013 9:20 pm
I mentioned earlier in the thread you CAN get this promotion as a current ING client. I have a high savings account and was still able to get it. My payroll went in on Thursday and today I got an email informing me of the $100 bonus.

If you are a current ING client you just have to notify ING and they will make an exception for you.
Rogers Wireless Plan: $21.99 Tax Incl - 300 Daytime Min, E/W @5, Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited Network Calling, Cid/VM/2500 Txt, 6 GB Data
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15333 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
Wondering if anyone has the answer to this...

ING says: "You hold the key to $2,000."

But it also says
50 (# of people you refer) = $250 ($25 x 10 Referrals) + $250 (Bonus)

Essentially its saying if you refer 50 people, you get $250 from the 10 regular referrals, but also another $250 bonus...

For someone like me who had given out my orange key during the $50 double referral bonus...if I give out 50 orange key's I'll be surpassing the $2000 mark...

Would I still get the referral credit, or will ING not give me anything?

As they're saying I'm pretty much near the end...but they're also saying...

Next goal to unlock:
8 more = $250 bonus!

So really not sure!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
37801 posts
796 upvotes
Richmond Hill
deal_with_singh wrote:
Jul 13th, 2013 4:17 am
Wondering if anyone has the answer to this...

ING says: "You hold the key to $2,000."

But it also says
50 (# of people you refer) = $250 ($25 x 10 Referrals) + $250 (Bonus)

Essentially its saying if you refer 50 people, you get $250 from the 10 regular referrals, but also another $250 bonus...

For someone like me who had given out my orange key during the $50 double referral bonus...if I give out 50 orange key's I'll be surpassing the $2000 mark...

Would I still get the referral credit, or will ING not give me anything?

As they're saying I'm pretty much near the end...but they're also saying...

Next goal to unlock:
8 more = $250 bonus!

So really not sure!
My gut feeling tells me The $2K is just under normal $25 bonuses. They likely restrict you only on the # of referrals, so you can technically unlock more than $2K if you did some during bonus referrals.
Check out my BST Threads!Silver Coins
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Jul 13, 2013
2 posts
I had just started the process of opening a savings account yesterday, including mailing the self addressed cheque, then I stumbled on this thread. I was worried about not being a new ING customer and therefore not eligible. I called today and explained my situation to the rep and asked if I would still be able to receive the $100 bonus for opening up a thrive account and setting up payroll for automatic deposit. The rep explained that the bonus is strictly just for setting up the payroll portion and not for becoming a new ING customer. Obviously the rep could have been mistaken about the terms but I figure I should in the clear if I reference the phone call in the future.
Dec 22, 2012
81 posts
9 upvotes
So I send them a $100 check and after 30 days they "give me" $100? I quite didn't understand what the $100 check is for, or where is the advantage.
× < >