PC & Video Games

Updating a softmodded wii to get netflix?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2011 12:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes

Updating a softmodded wii to get netflix?

My wii is softmodded and im wondering if there is an easy way to get it to do netflix? I dont really use the softmodded part of the unit so ill do better just reverting. Do i just update? Id rather avoid a full whipe.
14 replies
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes
ANyone know? Just want to make sure i dont brick it.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
3677 posts
98 upvotes
http://www.wiihacks.com

That's the forum you want to be posting this question to, there are guides on how to revert your softmodded wii back to stock. I did it before sending my wii in for repair and it worked nicely, but that was a couple years ago. I would use the guides on that site, I find them the best.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes
zonetbh wrote:
Nov 15th, 2010 10:52 am
http://www.wiihacks.com

That's the forum you want to be posting this question to, there are guides on how to revert your softmodded wii back to stock. I did it before sending my wii in for repair and it worked nicely, but that was a couple years ago. I would use the guides on that site, I find them the best.

thank you
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes
I havt not done this yet but i was just wondering, couldnt i just return it to original settings and then update to the newest version and then call it good? Wouldnt that work?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6117 posts
979 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
Super strokey wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2011 1:13 pm
I havt not done this yet but i was just wondering, couldnt i just return it to original settings and then update to the newest version and then call it good? Wouldnt that work?

Do you have Google Talk or MSN or anything like that? PM me the info if you want and I can try to help you as I just did this somewhat recently myself.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3742 posts
10 upvotes
Super strokey wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2011 1:13 pm

if you go to wiihacks.com there is a thread over there about Black Ops. Within this thread, there is a tip on how to upgrade your market without reverting back. some file you download and install within your SD card.

EDIT: found the link
updating the shop channel

http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebre ... guide.html
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes
im on 4.3u... i think i jsut want to go back to stock 100%. I rarely play it so it would be easiest for me.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes
If anyone cares i simply told the machine to update and magically netflix works. woot!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2011 2:28 pm
hacked wiis can't do netflix?

MIne isnt hacked anymore, all i know is that i couldnt get on to the store to access teh netflix download so i just removed the hacks and went 100% stock. Never used teh damn hack anyways.
Feb 22, 2007
891 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
As other users reccomened try wiihacks.com
i dont think you can just delete the hacked files otherwise it will brick your wii
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16215 posts
256 upvotes
realg123 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2011 4:01 pm
As other users reccomened try wiihacks.com
i dont think you can just delete the hacked files otherwise it will brick your wii

I just did a regular update and its working great, no issues here.
Feb 22, 2007
891 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Super strokey wrote:
Jan 6th, 2011 4:25 pm
I just did a regular update and its working great, no issues here.
hmmm other people were saying if your wii is modded, its not a good idea to upgrade through the wii system (offline update is reccomended)
Mar 8, 2011
1 posts
canada
all wii's can use netflix, softmodded or not, it does not matter, you just need to update the shop channel on the wii, there are lots of site's with detailed instructions to safely update the shop channel if you are soft modded, its really quite simple, probly take less than 5 mins, just look through your channels and see if you have the homebrew channel, if you do good, in the homebrew channel there is a wad manager, the wad manager will install the SHOP channel update, look through couple sites, , or even the one mentioned earlier in this thread WiiHacks, great source, there will be full tuturials on it there, and the proper files to use with wad manager.

so to sum it all up and get Netflix on softmodded wii Just,
1 - Update shop channel with wad manger
2 - run shop channel
3 - install netflix channel, its free.

netflix channel is free, but you will still need a netflix account to watch the movies.
once you have the netflix accoun you can login using username and password, and watch netflix on 6 diffrent devices , Wii, XBox 360, PS3, IPhone, PC. and can be used at all same time even in diffrent locations Etc. Home, work, gym, strip club , .... :) ..
× < >