• Aug 23rd, 2017 6:56 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 1, 2017
9 posts
7 upvotes

Upgrading to the Galaxy S8

Hey RFD!

I've come looking for your input; I've been thinking of upgrading to the S8, but have been reluctant as I always love a good deal. I've recently noticed that Koodo is offering $331 off the S8 if you go to a large Tab, and of course that would mean also going to a pricier plan. For Reference:

Now, the math I did was based on many assumptions, so I'd like a second opinion on my strategy here:
The plan is, buy the phone with $200 down day one, set up the phone with the plan + tab for that day (Totaling $95/month *up $40 from the current $55 plan*)
Day two, pay off tab and switch the plan to a cheap one (Like the 1g for $40 they have going on).

I'm expecting the phone to cost me around $750 (extra $50 added for proration or whatever else Koodo can think of), though I'm curious if that $50 bill credit will still apply even after I've payed off my tab. Will this work how I'm thinking it will? Should I be worried about anything? Any input is greatly appreciated!
1 reply
Feb 3, 2015
896 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
StealsnDeals wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 4:25 am
Hey RFD!

I've come looking for your input; I've been thinking of upgrading to the S8, but have been reluctant as I always love a good deal. I've recently noticed that Koodo is offering $331 off the S8 if you go to a large Tab, and of course that would mean also going to a pricier plan. For Reference:

Now, the math I did was based on many assumptions, so I'd like a second opinion on my strategy here:
The plan is, buy the phone with $200 down day one, set up the phone with the plan + tab for that day (Totaling $95/month *up $40 from the current $55 plan*)
Day two, pay off tab and switch the plan to a cheap one (Like the 1g for $40 they have going on).

I'm expecting the phone to cost me around $750 (extra $50 added for proration or whatever else Koodo can think of), though I'm curious if that $50 bill credit will still apply even after I've payed off my tab. Will this work how I'm thinking it will? Should I be worried about anything? Any input is greatly appreciated!
Very nice..... Battery lasts all day but you have to charge everyday. Camera is good. Phone feels solid. Wife likes it. My older Redmi note battery can go on for 3 days. Just a comparison.