Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1548 posts
418 upvotes
Woodbridge

Upgrading OnePlus 2

I've been a bit out of the loop in terms of offerings over the past year or two. Looking to upgrade my OnePlus 2 and I'm wondering what's out there beyond the typical LG/Samsung etc. offerings that you see at WoW or BBM.

I would love for it to have the following: 5.5in+, OLED preferred. Decent camera with OIS. Don't really care about dual sim or expandable storage, but must have 64gb+ if no expandable storage. 3300mAh+ battery. Something that will give me noticeably better performance than the Snapdragon 810 with Adreno 430 and 4GB RAM on the OP2.

I also want to be able to tinker. I want to put Nova on it and run GravityBox and other xposed modules. I'm personally a big fan of OP, but the OP5 for $650 is a tad more than I'd like to spend right now. Can I get a phone that's a fairly significant improvement for closer to the $400 range? I'm thinking companies like Xiaomi or Oppo or Meizu, but no idea what's out there.

Basically, my wife is still using a BB Q10 and is looking to upgrade. She was going to use my old Nexus 5 because it's fine for her needs, but the battery is starting to go. She likes the OP2 and will take it, so I'm looking to upgrade. It was either that, or I keep using my OP2 for another year or so and get her the Galaxy A5.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7777 posts
464 upvotes
Scarborough
I have been looking at Xiaomi Redmi Mix S2, Redmi 5/5 Plus, but not sure NFC is working with Android Pay. I do use Android Pay where ever available.
Last edited by Menace on May 13th, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2891 posts
327 upvotes
Markham
A second hand OP3 / 3T seems to fit your budget.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)