Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes

Upper West Side in Thornhill Estates

For those who are interested in the new developments close to Yonge, there will be a new subdivision with all 40' and 50' detached home released in late summer 2013. It is located at Bathurst and Major Mac within Upper Thornhill Estates community nestled alongside acres of conservation. It is also a rare to find all detached new developments community.

Here is some information from one of the builders:
http://www.countrywidehomes.ca/communit ... -west-side

According to the "price range" from the official site, it will probably be starting at $950k.
http://www.uwscommunity.com/
999 replies
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
555 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Aug 13th, 2013 9:14 am
For those who are interested in the new developments close to Yonge, there will be a new subdivision with all 40' and 50' detached home released in late summer 2013. It is located at Bathurst and Major Mac within Upper Thornhill Estates community nestled alongside acres of conservation. It is also a rare to find all detached new developments community.

Here is some information from one of the builders:
http://www.countrywidehomes.ca/communit ... -west-side

According to the "price range" from the official site, it will probably be starting at $950k.
http://www.uwscommunity.com/
It is Block 12 where metrus purchased the property for around 1.2 million /ac developable land last year. It currently has proposed 838 units from my memory (but will change I suspect since the T-plan is from ages ago)

and yes, you will pay thru the nose to live there because it was such an expensive property.

no, it won't be all detached homes.. maybe from country wide homes in this phase... as part of the approved draft plan, there are SF, Semi's and some TH's in there
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes
The billboard sign for UWS is up now, at Bathurst and Queen Filomena, right besides the entrance of the developing site. It only states 40' & 50' lots.

It is interesting that the developer put "stone facing" around the sign. It looks so permanent rather than a typical wooden sale sign billboard.

By the way, most home there in Upper Thornhill Estates are at $1 million or above. Thus, I am not surprised the UWS is asking for $950k and up.
gilboman wrote:
Aug 13th, 2013 9:43 am
It is Block 12 where metrus purchased the property for around 1.2 million /ac developable land last year. It currently has proposed 838 units from my memory (but will change I suspect since the T-plan is from ages ago)

and yes, you will pay thru the nose to live there because it was such an expensive property.

no, it won't be all detached homes.. maybe from country wide homes in this phase... as part of the approved draft plan, there are SF, Semi's and some TH's in there
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes
Just found the following information online, so gilboman, you are right. Original proposal does say there will be some semis and townhouses. Almost 85% are detached though.

But like I said, they only state 40' & 50' lots on the billboard. Maybe there is a change of plan, or there will be semis and TH along the busy major streets. Like there are some 25' lot detached in Upper Thornhill Estates along Teston and Dufferin right now, they do look like townhouses from far. But anyway they are still detached, better than sharing a wall with neighbours ; )

[QUOTE]Major Mackenzie Drive West, Vaughan – Metrus Properties
Located on the northwest corner of
Major Mackenzie Drive West and Bathurst Street
Sale Date: November, 2012
Price: $175,000,000
Land Area: 190.091 Acres or 141.9 Net
Price Per Acre: $1,233,262 based on 141.9 net acres
Proposed Development: 847 Units
(705 detached, 126 semi-detached and 16 townhouses)
Price Per Unit Buildable: $206,612
Purchaser: Metrus Properties (Longyard Properties Inc.)[/QUOTE]
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
555 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Aug 13th, 2013 10:02 am
The billboard sign for UWS is up now, at Bathurst and Queen Filomena, right besides the entrance of the developing site. It only states 40' & 50' lots.

It is interesting that the developer put "stone facing" around the sign. It looks so permanent rather than a typical wooden sale sign billboard.
well..they are selling pretty much million dollar homes there..they have to make themselves look nicer than your run of the mill 500k TH development lol

but there definitely are semis and towns in there...but they don't want to "cheapen" the perception of their development and put starting 950k instead of starting 500k is my guess lol

the semi's and towns are near the southern end of the property though.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes
Who told you that I live in TH development ? Don't assume you know everything.

Yes, of course, they want to make it nice for presenting the million $ home new development. However, most of houses in this neighbourhood (Upper Thornhill Estates) are about $1 million or above. There is a subdivison within UTE called Enclave where most houses there are ravine and/or 3 garages, price ranges from $1.5m and above. Countrywide only put a regular billboard there saying exclusive 50' and 60' lots. That's why I was saying it is interesting to see the developer makes a special billboard this time for this new subdivion.

gilboman wrote:
Aug 13th, 2013 10:26 am
well..they are selling pretty much million dollar homes there..they have to make themselves look nicer than your run of the mill 500k TH development lol

but there definitely are semis and towns in there...but they don't want to "cheapen" the perception of their development and put starting 950k instead of starting 500k is my guess lol

the semi's and towns are near the southern end of the property though.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
555 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Aug 13th, 2013 1:48 pm
Who told you that I live in TH development ? Don't assume you know everything.

Yes, of course, they want to make it nice for presenting the million $ home new development. However, most of houses in this neighbourhood (Upper Thornhill Estates) are about $1 million or above. There is a subdivison within UTE called Enclave where most houses there are ravine and/or 3 garages, price ranges from $1.5m and above. Countrywide only put a regular billboard there saying exclusive 50' and 60' lots. That's why I was saying it is interesting to see the developer makes a special billboard this time for this new subdivion.
huh???

did you misunderstand or not know of the expression "run of the mill"? I wasn't referring about where you live or type of housing nor would I or anybody care? don't be so sensitive. Besides..what's wrong with living in a 500k TH anyways?

I was talking about : http://www.thefreedictionary.com/run-of-the-mill

you don't need to tell me the housing types/prices etc... I know them well. But the actual expensive homes around Block 10/11/12 would actually be either in woodland acres (NW elgin mills/bathurst) and that gated community SE of 407/Bathurst. UTE reminds me a bit of a bayview hill light though.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes
I guess it is probably going to be similar price range as those resale in Upper Thornhill Estates as it is just next to it. BTW, there is a recent listing in UTE for a 2 bedrooms bungalow without upgrades, asking for $988k. Pretty crazy.

http://www.homefinder.ca/listings/13102 ... o-n2739682
spdztr wrote:
Sep 19th, 2013 9:33 am
Thanks, will be interesting to see the price list.
May pop in to see it if I have time.
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6466 posts
2808 upvotes
Markham
If you thought Upper Unionville was expensive, this is going to make you want to buy at UU. The rumblings on forums is that this is going to be extremely expensive since it's such a nice area.

I hope everyone has their down payments.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes
However, the targeted market for UTE and UWS is different than UU. I believe majority of buyers in UU are Asians while UTE and UWS in Maple are traditionally Italian and Jewish neighbourhood. That's why there is a JCC (Jewish Community Centre) just half a block south of UTE/UWS. Believe or not, the houses around it are smaller (lot of them are townhouses) as comparing to UTE but prices are even crazier as it is even closer/walking distance to JCC.

I do see more and more Chinese and Korean are moving into UTE neighbourhood though.

The prices in UTE/UWS are definitely not for first time buyers (except new immigrants with lot of cash on hand, some of them actually bought their houses before they land Canada).

Anikiri wrote:
Sep 19th, 2013 10:02 am
If you thought Upper Unionville was expensive, this is going to make you want to buy at UU. The rumblings on forums is that this is going to be extremely expensive since it's such a nice area.

I hope everyone has their down payments.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7419 posts
389 upvotes
Did you go to the grand opening ? In case you didn't go, here are some info about the pricing. As expected, they are all detached. All double garage start with $1M (There are some single garage detached for $800k though). Floor plans and models available area exactly the same as those offerred for UTE 5-6 years, double garage from 2600 sq ft to 5000 sq ft.

Something interesting I noticed was that the Countrywide flyer still shows Upper Thornhill Estates (UTE) instead of UWS, and those lots on the site map in the sales office are not on UWS site. People in other forum said Countrywide is only selling those leftover lots from UTE site not UWS yet.
spdztr wrote:
Sep 19th, 2013 9:33 am
Thanks, will be interesting to see the price list.
May pop in to see it if I have time.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1476 posts
36 upvotes
Maple
I didn't go, don't care about it enough. To be honest I'd be surprised if they opened up already before the others. I suspect it will be a big thing for all the builders to open at once.
rdx wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2013 10:53 am
Did you go to the grand opening ? In case you didn't go, here some info about the pricing. As expected, they are all detached. All double garage starts with $1M (There are some single garage detached for $800k though). Floor plans and models available area exactly the same as those offerred for UTE 5-6 years, double garage from 2600 sq ft to 5000 sq ft.

Something interesting I noticed was that the Countrywide flyer still shows Upper Thornhill Estates (UTE) instead of UWS, and those lots on the site map in the sales office are not on UWS site. People in other forum said Countrywide is only selling those leftover lots from UTE site not UWS yet.