Tags:
None
Nov 4, 2008
173 posts
17 upvotes
vaughan
Elfwood wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:40 am
Is Major Mac HS a top school? Wonder what will happen in the future: build a new high school to service UTE?
There is actually a HS plan for the same area of major mack and thomas cook - west side; and a community center and a church on the east.
But it will take another 5 years i guess...
Mar 14, 2006
287 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I think you are confusing with Bayview Hill Secondary. The school have ranked high..top 5 for many years. They are located at Bayview/Maj. Mac. It is a closed status so unless you live in the boundary or admitted to their IB program, you are not going to get in. That is the reason why the houses are so expensive!! Everyone trying to get into the school.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4471 posts
2307 upvotes
Smiley22 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:53 am
I think you are confusing with Bayview Hill Secondary. The school have ranked high..top 5 for many years. They are located at Bayview/Maj. Mac. It is a closed status so unless you live in the boundary or admitted to their IB program, you are not going to get in. That is the reason why the houses are so expensive!! Everyone trying to get into the school.
Not sure who you are directing that to, but I'm well aware of both schools. And Mackenzie HS also just started an IB program.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7294 posts
374 upvotes
Elfwood wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:40 am
Is Major Mac HS a top school? Wonder what will happen in the future: build a new high school to service UTE?
Definitely not a top school at this moment. But like fdl said they just add the IB program which is a good sign. And my theory is that the students and their family background are the key factor to the ranking of the school. Since the demographic population of students going into Major Mac HS is changing, I am sure the ranking will change eventually. Look at the change of ranking of Unionville High in the last 20-30 years. What is the major ethnic group going to it ? You got the idea what I say ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4471 posts
2307 upvotes
Infrared wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:50 am
There is actually a HS plan for the same area of major mack and thomas cook - west side; and a community center and a church on the east.
But it will take another 5 years i guess...
Planned or zoned? Catholic or Public? Can you point me to any info on this?

5 years is a long time. Land gets "zoned" for schools all the time but more often than not houses end up being built there.

And if it's catholic you are better off going to st Theresa which is one of th highest ranked schools in the province

Edit: Just found there is a submission for SS for Block 11, (between Rutherford and major Mack) , with a date of 2020. http://www.yrdsb.ca/AboutUs/Departments ... hools.aspx
Apr 9, 2017
5 posts
8 upvotes
With a secondary school planned right across the street from this new community center, it is just another reason why a pool should be included in the community center. Will make it easier for a swim club and would be convenient for students.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
435 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
That flavor guy was in here was saying years ago adamant that the community centre would be open by this year with Constitution beginning two years ago in this thread lol my
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
435 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
fdl wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:59 am
Planned or zoned? Catholic or Public? Can you point me to any info on this?

5 years is a long time. Land gets "zoned" for schools all the time but more often than not houses end up being built there.

And if it's catholic you are better off going to st Theresa which is one of th highest ranked schools in the province

Edit: Just found there is a submission for SS for Block 11, (between Rutherford and major Mack) , with a date of 2020. http://www.yrdsb.ca/AboutUs/Departments ... hools.aspx
Vaughan doesn't really have a high service level for Community facilities be it parks or community centers

This is because they can get lands for parks paid for by developers but to actually build they need to spend own money and they aren't willing to do it like other municipalities. The sprawl format of Vaughan subdivisions like uws also means lower population and hence lower service levels due to insufficient population to support community facilities

Also doesn't help the corruption there means they wasted a lot of money enriching contractor friends sunk into their city hall that's way over budget and higher than normal operating costs for the building
Jan 5, 2003
481 posts
225 upvotes
Elfwood wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 12:32 am
I can confirm a friend (and his wife) bought 45 frontage (maybe 42) under 1 million in phase 1. It's 3500 sqft, including double garage.
41' or 50' is 99% of the houses. There's one or two one car garage lots they squeezed in. So I'm guessing theirs is 41'. It is true there was a phase put out there by Townwood that was pre phase 1 that they probably bought from.
Jan 5, 2003
481 posts
225 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 12:05 pm
Technically, the entire community is called UTE Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes Thus , the stone carved signs at each entrance says UTE and none of them says UWS Winking Face

I thought UWS on the sign would have looked better but I guess they wanted it to look the same.
Jan 5, 2003
481 posts
225 upvotes
Doubleshot wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 6:44 pm
That flavor guy was in here was saying years ago adamant that the community centre would be open by this year with Constitution beginning two years ago in this thread lol my
I'm not sure what I find funnier... how many times you've been banned from this site since this thread started, your assertion years ago that "that in buying UWS..you are giving up % appreciation versus other neighborhoods/homes for choice of dwelling/neighborhood" or how you're still ranting about Vaughans community centers.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7294 posts
374 upvotes
Just got the email from Treasure Hill for new release opening on June 24, starting from $2.6m

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7294 posts
374 upvotes
ryoukiddingme wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 2:04 pm
So no school on that site by the park?
There is a grade school on via Romano. That building site was originally planned to be the site for a Catholic Grade School.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)