• Nov 14th, 2017 1:15 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 8, 2017
62 posts
63 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 2:12 pm
There is a grade school on via Romano. That building site was originally planned to be the site for a Catholic Grade School.
Thank you
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4613 posts
2416 upvotes
I bet they are kicking themselves for not selling these 2 months ago.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7414 posts
389 upvotes
By the way, the flyer says only 15 lots is available now. If I remember correctly, the site plan lists over 30 lots on that site. I guess half of them have already been purchased before they are released this Saturday :rolleyes:

For those who are interested, here are some details and sales office location:

Fully Loaded Luxury Features Include:
• 3 car tandem garage available
• Fully finished lower level (basement)
• with walk ups
• 10’ main level ceiling
• 9’ upper level ceiling
• 3 ¼” stained oak hardwood throughout finished
• areas (excluding tile area & lower level)
• Lanai (Rear Patio)
• Caesarstone kitchen counter tops
• Kitchen stainless steel appliance package:
• 36” Wolf gas range, 36” Sub Zero fridge,
• 24’ Asko dishwasher and a hood fan insert.
• And so much more.

PLEASE NOTE:
1) Deposit structure:
$50,000 with offer
$50,000 in 30 days
$125,000 in 60 days
$125,000 in 90 days
2) Certified cheque or Bank draft for initial
deposit payable to: Grottaferata Home Inc.
3) ALL OFFERS ARE FIRM.
4) Ask a Sales Representative about our Treasure Hill Flex Deposit Program.
Join us this weekend at
1681 Langstaff Road
Unit 1, Vaughan

Can't believe how crazy things are now. $350k as the deposit ! That amount could buy you a house 10-15 years ago Astonished Face

Anyway, with this price range (starting at $2.6m), I guess the builder is aiming on wealthy foreign buyers/buyers with foreign capital. Since there are only 15 units, these will probably be gone in no time ;)

rdx wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 8:40 pm
Just got the email from Treasure Hill for new release opening on June 24, starting from $2.6m

Jan 5, 2003
500 posts
233 upvotes
Could be another builder has the other 15 lots. The deposits are high but you can negotiate them.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7414 posts
389 upvotes
Flavour wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 11:49 am
Could be another builder has the other 15 lots. The deposits are high but you can negotiate them.
That could be true. However, I only see the billboard from Treasure Hill at the site.

By the way, on their flyer, it says "ALL OFFERS ARE FIRM." Anyway, it doesn't make much difference to negotiate the deposits from $350k to $325k ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1325 posts
31 upvotes
Maple
Just got an email from Treasure Hill. They're postponing the new release opening this weekend.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4613 posts
2416 upvotes
sterdeus wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 12:16 pm
Just got an email from Treasure Hill. They're postponing the new release opening this weekend.
Probably scrambling due to no demand. Nothing is selling in UTE/UWS right now, even at lower prices.
Jun 12, 2017
354 posts
352 upvotes
fdl wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 12:28 pm
Probably scrambling due to no demand. Nothing is selling in UTE/UWS right now, even at lower prices.
Haha, I hope that is true. It is almost like people realized that there is plenty of land in 905 and paying 2.56m for a house that barely costs 800k to build, just because it is new, is a dumb idea :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7414 posts
389 upvotes
I just got the same email as well, agree that it is probably due to recent market change. They probably need to reevaluate the pricing strategy.

The whole detached market is not selling at all. I guess people realize it is not going up any more (at least for a short period of time), thus can't play flipping game any more ;) Even for non speculators, whoever recently up sizing and bought a larger house could be in trouble especially if they are closing soon and need to sell now. The market might bounces back but don't know when. If the market gets enough panic sellers/flippers, it will get worst in the short little while (i.e. market is flooded with inventory).
sterdeus wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 12:16 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1476 posts
36 upvotes
Maple
rdx wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 2:12 pm
There is a grade school on via Romano. That building site was originally planned to be the site for a Catholic Grade School.

Not sure which site you guys are referring to, but there will be a new elementary school by the new park, slated to open in September 2018. Of course, the board is just putting in the approval now, but it will also be a dual-track English/French school that will be the holding school for Romeo Dallaire.

T.
Jan 5, 2003
500 posts
233 upvotes
spdztr wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 9:59 am
Not sure which site you guys are referring to, but there will be a new elementary school by the new park, slated to open in September 2018. Of course, the board is just putting in the approval now, but it will also be a dual-track English/French school that will be the holding school for Romeo Dallaire.

T.
That would be good news as Romeo is full and losing grade 1 next year and grade 2 the year after. I think I'd rather it was a school than more houses as well, even though that creates morning traffic.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7414 posts
389 upvotes
spdztr wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 9:59 am

T.
Is that new school for residents in UWS sub division ? To my understanding, those grade school students in UWS currently are not going to Herbert Carnegie on via Romano.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1476 posts
36 upvotes
Maple
rdx wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 11:00 am
Is that new school for residents in UWS sub division ? To my understanding, those grade school students in UWS currently are not going to Herbert Carnegie on via Romano.

I would assume so - it's currently only being referred to as "Block 12" elementary school, so while it's primary purpose will likely be to take off the load from Herbert Carnegie, it's secondary purpose will be as a holding school for Romeo, where Grades 1 and 2 are "temporarily" not being offered for the next few years. It's a whole big mess, but to give you an idea, our youngest will be going to JK/SK at Anne Frank (we live south of MM), then this new Block 12 school for grades 1 and 2 in a dual track environment, and then Romeo for grade 3+. It's worse for someone already in JK and wants French, as they have to finish SK in the school they're in, then go to Nelly or (I forget the name of the one south of Romeo) for Grade 1, then to Block 12 for grade 2, and then to Romeo for grade 3. Logistical nightmare.
Jan 5, 2003
500 posts
233 upvotes
The alternative is they limit spaces to FI and that would suck if you couldn't get a spot.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)