None
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1476 posts
36 upvotes
Maple
Flavour wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 1:46 pm
The alternative is they limit spaces to FI and that would suck if you couldn't get a spot.
Yeah... but let's not get into that discussion on this thread. (Also, that's one of YRDSB's selling points, and it's nice to know they're sticking to it. The downside is the next few years' worth of school shuffles to keep everyone happy)
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
439 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
rdx wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 1:05 pm
I just got the same email as well, agree that it is probably due to recent market change. They probably need to reevaluate the pricing strategy.

The whole detached market is not selling at all. I guess people realize it is not going up any more (at least for a short period of time), thus can't play flipping game any more ;) Even for non speculators, whoever recently up sizing and bought a larger house could be in trouble especially if they are closing soon and need to sell now. The market might bounces back but don't know when. If the market gets enough panic sellers/flippers, it will get worst in the short little while (i.e. market is flooded with inventory).
Probably due to Richland opening and taking all the buyers due to location and schools

Richland had no problem selling their 2million plus 36' lots over the weekend..and with higher end observatory hill coming soon...buyers have a lot of choice now for new builds not way up North

http://www.buildinghomes.ca./community/ ... post326415
Jan 5, 2003
500 posts
233 upvotes
Just looked, already delayed a year :P
* Proposed Opening ​Project Name ​Municipality ​Project Type ​Proposed Capacity
​2019 ​Block 12 ES ​Vaughan ​Growth ​638

And it doesn't mention anything about dual track FI
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
439 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Flavour wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 8:21 pm

They just submit request for funding annually with a year and see if ministry will fund it. ..that's why it's called capital submission list
Jan 5, 2003
500 posts
233 upvotes
Yes but previously they were asking for 18. At least it looks like it's on the top of the list now if it's in order of priority. There is a ton of young kids and babies in this neighbourhood.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1476 posts
36 upvotes
Maple
Flavour wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 8:21 pm

Where did you find this info?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4613 posts
2416 upvotes
sterdeus wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2017 12:16 pm
Just got an email from Treasure Hill. They're postponing the new release opening this weekend.
Any update?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7414 posts
389 upvotes
fdl wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 11:32 am
Any update?
Project cancelled, will be building a school there Face With Tears Of Joy

Kidding aside, with the 15% foreign buyer tax and interest rate increase, etc, I am not surprised the builder will change the strategy. Maybe they will build all $4 million+ mansion at that site since the market said the sale of houses in that price range is not affected by taxes and interest rate ;) Convert 30 lots into 20, make them all 75"+ front with minimum of 5,000 square footage plus 2,000+ finished finished basement. All 3 garage and all 3 levels with 10 high ceilings. That will do it Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4613 posts
2416 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 11:38 am
Project cancelled, will be building a school there Face With Tears Of Joy

Kidding aside, with the 15% foreign buyer tax and interest rate increase, etc, I am not surprised the builder will change the strategy. Maybe they will build all $4 million+ mansion at that site since the market said the sale of houses in that price range is not affected by taxes and interest rate ;) Convert 30 lots into 20, make them all 75"+ front with minimum of 5,000 square footage plus 2,000+ finished finished basement. All 3 garage and all 3 levels with 10 high ceilings. That will do it Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Ok, so no update from builder I assume? I don't think it's that easy to change the site plan, and looks like road and utilities constructions is well underway.
Jan 5, 2003
500 posts
233 upvotes
Treasure Hill is a small builder, they may just be behind schedule or trying to find another builder to split the homes with. They did that in Thornhill Woods a few years back.

I have no doubt these homes will be expensive and will sell out.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7414 posts
389 upvotes
Flavour wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 12:15 pm

Unless they change the plan (very unlikely) or lower the price, they already stated on the email that this site will start at $2.6m ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4613 posts
2416 upvotes
Flavour wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 12:15 pm
Treasure Hill is a small builder, they may just be behind schedule or trying to find another builder to split the homes with. They did that in Thornhill Woods a few years back.

Then Why announce the opening weekend, and then days before put it on ice with no update for weeks?
Jan 5, 2003
500 posts
233 upvotes
fdl wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 1:59 pm
Then Why announce the opening weekend, and then days before put it on ice with no update for weeks?
Sadly I'm not the developer so I can't specifically answer that other than the two guesses I made.

You make it sound like they bought the land in March or something and now they're worried about losing money.