Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4614 posts
2417 upvotes
Flavour wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 2:38 pm
Sadly I'm not the developer so I can't specifically answer that other than the two guesses I made.

You make it sound like they bought the land in March or something and now they're worried about losing money.
Oh they are not losing money by a long shot, but I'm sure they want to optimize and squeeze out every penny they can. I just find the situation odd and thought there might be an update by now
Jan 5, 2003
500 posts
233 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Sep 9th, 2015 11:29 am
You still haven't noticed ? Landking always talks about how good it is in Markham especially his beloved CathedralTown, better than anything else :lol: This really reminds me the long gone (banned by RFD) Gilboman. Hope they are not the same guy ;)
I wish they were here to see this:
So many levels of fun here.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... pture.html
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4614 posts
2417 upvotes
BTW, and news on the UTE release yet? Let me guess, they decided to release in September when the market bounces back ;) I kid, I kid. We have enough threads on that.
Mar 10, 2009
189 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Flavour wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 1:46 pm
I just love this cow, I hope they leave it there. There's a little background in the video. I would never want to visit they eyesore CathedralTown, but CowthedralTown I think I want to visit.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1175668
hahaha I was reading the story about that cow earlier today that's pretty hilarious. The best part is the local councillor (Alan Ho) was the one that voted to approve the cow in the first place and now that the residents complained he's in that picture giving the thumbs down. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4614 posts
2417 upvotes
imperial1 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 1:50 pm
hahaha I was reading the story about that cow earlier today that's pretty hilarious. The best part is the local councillor (Alan Ho) was the one that voted to approve the cow in the first place and now that the residents complained he's in that picture giving the thumbs down. Face With Tears Of Joy
Interesting to hear the background on the reason to put it there. If they just take it off those stilts it's not that bad. I think residents there prefer everything to look the same though.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7415 posts
389 upvotes
Just got an email from Treasure Hill regarding their UTE site. Sales office will open at 10 am this Sat (Sept 16th), sales price still starts at $2.6M ;)

Deposit structure is as follow:
$50,000 in 30 days
$50,000 in 60 days
$50,000 in 90 days
$50,000 in 120 days

So, it is definitely not everyone but those who has $200k cash on hand. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4614 posts
2417 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:21 pm
Just got an email from Treasure Hill regarding their UTE site. Sales office will open at 10 am this Sat (Sept 16th), sales price still starts at $2.6M ;)

Deposit structure is as follow:
$50,000 in 30 days
$50,000 in 60 days
$50,000 in 90 days
$50,000 in 120 days

So, it is definitely not everyone but those who has $200k cash on hand. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
How many homes will be sold in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7415 posts
389 upvotes
fdl wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:40 pm
How many homes will be sold in total.
That site is for 30 lots, but this round on Sat is for 15 lots. Maybe if it goes well this round, they will start at $3M on second phase Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Herbert Carmegie grade school right beside this site has become a multi million $ neighborhood school Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

We (local working class) might think it is too expensive and out of reach. However, to lot of immigrants from the major cities in China, it is actually a super deal for them to get a mansion at a condo price back home. When I went to the UWS neighbourhood park last time, I heard a group Chinese who recently moved into UWS, and they talked about how much they like this new neighborhood. I am not surprised they will introduce it to their friends who are coming, and they have a tendency to move into where their friends are especially when they are new to Canada. I don't think the builder would have too much problem finding 15 or 30 buyers for these ;)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7901 posts
727 upvotes
imperial1 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 1:50 pm
Since it is so badly built they should advertise a major discount on the resale of these properties.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4614 posts
2417 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:52 pm
That site is for 30 lots, but this round on Sat is for 15 lots. Maybe if it goes well this round, they will start at $3M on second phase Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Herbert Carmegie grade school right beside this site has become a multi million $ neighborhood school Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

We (local working class) might think it is too expensive and out of reach. However, to lot of immigrants from the major cities in China, it is actually a super deal for them to get a mansion at a condo price back home. When I went to the UWS neighbourhood park last time, I heard a group Chinese who recently moved into UWS, and they talked about how much they like this new neighborhood. I am not surprised they will introduce it to their friends who are coming, and they have a tendency to move into where their friends are especially when they are new to Canada. I don't think the builder would have too much problem finding 15 or 30 buyers for these ;)
Its a nice area. But on the other hand if someone has that kind of money they have lots of options, and can probably also send their kids to private school.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4614 posts
2417 upvotes
spike1128 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 3:13 pm
Since it is so badly built they should advertise a major discount on the resale of these properties.
at this point the cow is so well known it's probably better to keep it as an attraction. Something unique about the area. The suburbs are already bland and cookie cutter enough.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
7415 posts
389 upvotes
fdl wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 3:38 pm
Its a nice area. But on the other hand if someone has that kind of money they have lots of options, and can probably also send their kids to private school.
If they are looking for brand new design inside out, 10 ft ceiling, all detached neighbourhood, convenient location connecting east and west, close to two GO train lines, etc., there aren't too many options in fact ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4614 posts
2417 upvotes
rdx wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:11 pm
If they are looking for brand new design inside out, 10 ft ceiling, all detached neighbourhood, convenient location connecting east and west, close to two GO train lines, etc., there aren't too many options in fact ;)
For $2.6M ... Or realistically $3M once you factor in lot premiums and upgrades. There are options, some you could argue in an even better location. Not to take anything away because like I said it's a very nice area. We'll see if they sell out quickly or not.