• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2006 12:32 pm
Tags:
None
6 replies
Jun 12, 2006
142 posts
1 upvote
I don't have a recommendation of what to buy, but I can tell you that I have not liked my Eureka BOSS upright. It was okay for the first while but doesn't pick up anything anymore. I changed the filter and it still is horrible. I just got a central vacuum and it is amazing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5756 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
daisyville wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2006 8:53 am
My upright vacuum of about 12 years, just died.

Anybody have a strong recommendation for a new upright, that's affordable, and will do both carpet and hardwood/laminate floors? Upholstery attachment?
Not much carpet left in my house so went to Zellers and for < $100 picked up a decent dirt devil. Light weight for the stairs and does a decent job!!!!!

sk
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6745 posts
1401 upvotes
buy cheap vacuums and replace every few years - the expensive ones aren't really worth it
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3138 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2006 11:39 am
buy cheap vacuums and replace every few years - the expensive ones aren't really worth it
agreed.

i bought a dirt devil upright from future shop. it was made exclusively for future shop. got it on sale for $89.99 ... u can find gift cards in the bst: gift card section ... worked well on all surfaces.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18183 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
I bought this one at Future Shop and it works fine ...

Panasonic Fold 'N Go Upright Vacuum (MCV5485)
Sale Price: $129.99
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 629&catid=

They always have it on sale at this price, I bought mine with the double dipped coupon and of course gift cards.