• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2006 12:32 pm
Tags:
None
6 replies
Jun 12, 2006
142 posts
1 upvote
I don't have a recommendation of what to buy, but I can tell you that I have not liked my Eureka BOSS upright. It was okay for the first while but doesn't pick up anything anymore. I changed the filter and it still is horrible. I just got a central vacuum and it is amazing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5770 posts
190 upvotes
GTA
daisyville wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2006 8:53 am
My upright vacuum of about 12 years, just died.

Anybody have a strong recommendation for a new upright, that's affordable, and will do both carpet and hardwood/laminate floors? Upholstery attachment?
Not much carpet left in my house so went to Zellers and for < $100 picked up a decent dirt devil. Light weight for the stairs and does a decent job!!!!!

sk
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
7688 posts
2069 upvotes
buy cheap vacuums and replace every few years - the expensive ones aren't really worth it
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3149 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
blexann wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2006 11:39 am
buy cheap vacuums and replace every few years - the expensive ones aren't really worth it
agreed.

i bought a dirt devil upright from future shop. it was made exclusively for future shop. got it on sale for $89.99 ... u can find gift cards in the bst: gift card section ... worked well on all surfaces.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
I bought this one at Future Shop and it works fine ...

Panasonic Fold 'N Go Upright Vacuum (MCV5485)
Sale Price: $129.99
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 629&catid=

They always have it on sale at this price, I bought mine with the double dipped coupon and of course gift cards.