Shopping Discussion

UPS driver too lazy to actually deliver package?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2010 11:01 am
Tags:
None
Oct 22, 2004
534 posts
130 upvotes

UPS driver too lazy to actually deliver package?

So, I ordered something from NCIX last week (a large monitor), and it was supposed to be delivered today. I wasn't home, but a family member was, and they were watching all day for the UPS truck to come. After finding out that it never showed up, I checked the tracking, and this is what I saw.

Code: Select all

LONDON, ON, CA  	01/05/2010  	3:35 P.M.  	THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE
	01/05/2010 	6:57 A.M. 	OUT FOR DELIVERY
CONCORD, ON, CA 	01/04/2010 	9:37 P.M. 	DEPARTURE SCAN
	01/04/2010 	5:02 A.M. 	ARRIVAL SCAN
RICHMOND, BC, CA 	12/30/2009 	1:18 A.M. 	DEPARTURE SCAN
RICHMOND, BC, CA 	12/29/2009 	6:51 P.M. 	ORIGIN SCAN
CA 	12/29/2009 	8:19 P.M. 	BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED 
"THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT"

First of all, there were no tire tracks or footprints at all other than mine from this morning, and no 'missed delivery' tag or anything of the sort. Second of all, there's no way he would have been missed, because my dog would have started barking if anyone came up to the house, meaning the driver didn't even try to deliver the package. I live a good hour outside of the city and get the feeling that the driver didn't want to drive out, or did drive by, assumed that there was no one home and didn't want to wade through the snow with a heavy package, so pretended that no one answered the door and took off. The weather/road conditions were pretty crappy today, too.

This is just screwed, because he will probably just do the same thing tomorrow, too. Awesome.
56 replies
Aug 6, 2007
60 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
You better hope he doesn't keep the monitor.
That is what I think happen to me couple weeks ago.

The UPS driver left a note on my door saying he will come back tomorrow, but no show. Couple days later still nothing.
I call UPS... they do some investigation;couple hours later, I get a call back saying they do not know where my package is.
My best guess is the UPS driver took my package and gave himself an early Christmas gift, a new laptop.

I had to contact the shipper to start a trace and at the moment, I'm still waiting to know what happen to my laptop.

I hope its doesn't happen to you friend. God, I hate UPS.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1919 posts
562 upvotes
Calgary
UPS has a habit of leaving packages behind a little shrub of a tree in front of my place. The most extreme case was when I ordered a full computer package a few years back and I found it beind this tree, which was shorter than the tower package itself.

If I lacked a conscience I would've called UPS and told them I never received my $1000+ package.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2927 posts
334 upvotes
Nations Capital
my UPS driver keeps leaving my packages at the Depot.

tracking first says out for delivery...couple of hours later. exception, UPS was too lazy to put your package on the truck, delivery rescheduled. (yes I added a few words in here)

I can understand doing it once, stuff happens, but to continually leave my packages at the depot..... :mad:
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
UPS is full of poop. I used them once and that is it.

Those guys are jokers... no joke!
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1135 upvotes
Montreal
My friend's family sent her a package a while back via UPS and paid extra for express. She waited at home the whole day, the truck never arrive. She called UPS and the truck arrived the next day.

The driver told her he was there the day earlier but couldn't reach her. My friend was puzzled as she was home the whole day :confused: .

Then the driver pointed at the stop sign which is about 5 houses away from hers. He said there was another big truck there the day before and no way he was going to risk scratching the UPS truck to deliver.

My friend asked why he didn't walk (box is about 18"x18"x20", not heavy) passed the five houses. His reply was he was not supposed to walk and deliver.
Nov 15, 2006
900 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
dark153 wrote: You better hope he doesn't keep the monitor.
That is what I think happen to me couple weeks ago.

The UPS driver left a note on my door saying he will come back tomorrow, but no show. Couple days later still nothing.
I call UPS... they do some investigation;couple hours later, I get a call back saying they do not know where my package is.
My best guess is the UPS driver took my package and gave himself an early Christmas gift, a new laptop.

I had to contact the shipper to start a trace and at the moment, I'm still waiting to know what happen to my laptop.

I hope its doesn't happen to you friend. God, I hate UPS.
Years ago my mom won a computer that was to be delivered by UPS. She got the tracking number from the contest provider and watched it's progression until it similarly said something like "no longer available". So she called and they said that they couldn't find the package. Zero help or suggestions were provided as though my mom should just shrug and forget all about her item. She was all upset and then said "I wonder if I should ask my boss, the OPP Commander what I should do". The woman on the other end asked her to hold, and after around 5 minutes on hold, miracle of miracles, they found the package.

I don't work at Queens Park like my mom did, so I avoid UPS like crazy.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
KC108 wrote: What type of shipping did you pay for from UPS? Standard?
What? That should not matter!

So if I pay $100 I "might" get the package on time and If I pay $9.95 I only get the package if the Driver has one at him home allready?

F-in thieves!

they steal stuff because they know there is some sort of insurance... should be treated as theft.

I ordered crap from BB and FS that I get free shipping or $1.99 shipping from Canada Post... and the stuff get here in 1 day or 3 days... in good condition...

UPS is a joke.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7477 upvotes
RFD
I'm glad I have the best UPS driver ever. The guy is always here at the same time in the morning and always delivered packages the right way. I love him, hard to find great workers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote: I'm glad I have the best UPS driver ever. The guy is always here at the same time in the morning and always delivered packages the right way. I love him, hard to find great workers.
Yeah, my guy is also a nice guy. He comes around my way closer to the end of his run though...around 3.

But the OP's driver is full of poop.
Oct 22, 2004
534 posts
130 upvotes
Great, I never even considered the fact that it could just go "missing" although now I'm worried, because like I said, he didn't even attempt to deliver it. I guess I'd better get on the phone if it doesn't show up tomorrow. Does anyone know which of the UPS locations in London the undelivered packages sit at?
Apr 25, 2009
139 posts
4 upvotes
Sunshine Coast BC
I got a call today from the next door neighbor that the UPS guy left my amazon package at her door. Luckily she was home. I was home, too, but he clearly couldn't read the typed address on the package. I HATE that amazon started using UPS.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
131 upvotes
yeah, im waiting for a UPS package from amazon as well. but they did stick the "first attempt fail" notice on my door, so i guess the dude isn't gonna make off with my package. gotta stay home all day tomorrow now to get it or else they'll ship it back to concord after 3 attempts for some reason (when there's a UPS store right near my house too). =(
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote: Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6485 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
the driver probably went to the WRONG address...this happens alot from my experience...

another possibility is that the parcel itself has the wrong address...
Stabwound wrote: So, I ordered something from NCIX last week (a large monitor), and it was supposed to be delivered today. I wasn't home, but a family member was, and they were watching all day for the UPS truck to come. After finding out that it never showed up, I checked the tracking, and this is what I saw.

Code: Select all

LONDON, ON, CA  	01/05/2010  	3:35 P.M.  	THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE
	01/05/2010 	6:57 A.M. 	OUT FOR DELIVERY
CONCORD, ON, CA 	01/04/2010 	9:37 P.M. 	DEPARTURE SCAN
	01/04/2010 	5:02 A.M. 	ARRIVAL SCAN
RICHMOND, BC, CA 	12/30/2009 	1:18 A.M. 	DEPARTURE SCAN
RICHMOND, BC, CA 	12/29/2009 	6:51 P.M. 	ORIGIN SCAN
CA 	12/29/2009 	8:19 P.M. 	BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED 
"THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT"

First of all, there were no tire tracks or footprints at all other than mine from this morning, and no 'missed delivery' tag or anything of the sort. Second of all, there's no way he would have been missed, because my dog would have started barking if anyone came up to the house, meaning the driver didn't even try to deliver the package. I live a good hour outside of the city and get the feeling that the driver didn't want to drive out, or did drive by, assumed that there was no one home and didn't want to wade through the snow with a heavy package, so pretended that no one answered the door and took off. The weather/road conditions were pretty crappy today, too.

This is just screwed, because he will probably just do the same thing tomorrow, too. Awesome.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
4218 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
ups is always like this, *pretends to deliver*

i've experienced this many times
Jan 19, 2009
893 posts
35 upvotes
I use to work for a courier company, not UPS, but a close competitor of theirs so I am sure the system is more or less the same. I can't even begin to describe what happens to the package behind the scene....all I will say is that

1) make sure you package it up very securely and protected, when ppl see hundreds of boxes in a day and have to sort them within a time frame, they are tossed and thrown, regardless if it says fragile on it.

2) drivers work on a shift, it doesnt matter how much packages they deliver. if at the end of the shift they don't have time to deliver the package, they will just scan it as customer not home.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
iEye wrote: UPS is full of poop. I used them once and that is it.

Those guys are jokers... no joke!
it fits their color. all brown poop like :lol: