Shopping Discussion

UPS driver too lazy to actually deliver package?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2010 11:01 am
Tags:
None
Aug 6, 2007
60 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Sepharite wrote:
Jan 7th, 2010 12:01 pm
Does the UPS tracking system automatically update, when "Delivered"? Or do they update when the driver returns to the station to update the system?

I'm waiting for a package in my University Residence, and I don't want to keep going down to check if it's there. I'll see if the Secretary will call me when they come.
It should update within minutes once the driver inputs whatever status of the package from the UPS truck.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2002
3569 posts
34 upvotes
Sask
skywalker wrote:
Jan 7th, 2010 12:07 pm
Exact same thing happened to me last year. I write letter to UPS quote they should rebrand it's name as "U Piece Shit".
Slogan: "What can Brown do to you today?"
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3123 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
dark153 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2010 1:12 pm
It should update within minutes once the driver inputs whatever status of the package from the UPS truck.
Ah okay. They have one more hour to deliver my package. Do they ever deliver after their schedule time, 7pm, or do they just go back to the station and head home.

I live in a residence and the staff goes home at 7, which means I'll have to camp outside if I want it today. :S
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2852 posts
254 upvotes
Nations Capital
amazingly my package came today.. and 2 and half hours earlier then their usual delivery time..wonder if my calls to UPS helped any in that.
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Banned
Feb 4, 2002
4070 posts
101 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
If you are 'out of the way' on a driver's route or he is running late they will often fake a delivery to save time. UPS sucks. Purolator or Fedex are better.
Dec 25, 2009
163 posts
27 upvotes
UPS a couple of days ago:

early morning: your package is out for delivery
in the evening: your package was missed at the facility

...one day lost waiting for the package...
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2852 posts
254 upvotes
Nations Capital
shoppingmatters wrote:
Jan 7th, 2010 9:34 pm
UPS a couple of days ago:

early morning: your package is out for delivery
in the evening: your package was missed at the facility

...one day lost waiting for the package...
don't worry, they will 'miss' it again tomorrow and you might get it on Monday!

did the same to me, misplaced it for 2 days.
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
125 upvotes
UPS: Proving that guys in brown shirts are never up to any good.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
May 18th, 2009 12:00 pm
I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 8:43 pm
Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1289 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
To those who have issues with UPS, do you guys live far away from downtown, like in 905 region? I live in downtown Toronto (just north of Bloor and Avenue Rd) and I have had numerous packages getting delivered by UPS and they never miss their time guarantee. I am surprised to hear so many horror stories. In fact, I am very pleased with their prompt service in comparison to Canada Post package delivery which they never update their tracking. I wonder if location makes a difference in UPS service.
Aug 6, 2007
60 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
It could be location, but I believe its those few rotten employees that causes UPS to provide the worst services to many people.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2870 posts
371 upvotes
Pickering
Atleast be thankful you actually got your package, a few years back while using UPS for my business they managed to somehow lose a $4G order, just disapeared at the there depot. I sued them and have never used them for deliveries since.

To be fair my delivery guy over the years has always been on time, and always leaves a note when i'm not around.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1064 posts
381 upvotes
I am in such a nightmare situation with UPS right now that I don't even want to type it up as my blood will boil.

I avoid them like the plague but this time it was a $5 shipping promo with NCIX! Huge mistake and I should have paid whatever to get Purolator or Canada Post instead.

This happens everytime, why am I so dumb? :cry: