None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2005
1268 posts
56 upvotes

UPS = fail....to deliver

What has Brown done for you lately?

Well, he's done fuggall for me. I've never been a fan of UPS because they always seem to either lose or damage something, and if your package shows up and is from another country, it's usually complimented with a COD tag for some absurd amount of money.

I think I've about had it with them, seriously. 2 days in a row I've been expecting a package and both days I've updated my tracking status to see "Receiver unavailable to sign, delivery rescheduled". What complete ********! I've been home both days, hell I was in my garage all day yesterday when they made they "attempted" delivery and was sitting in my kitchen when they made the attempt today.

Who else has had such an experience with Brown?

btw...this isn't the first time it's happened to me. The first couple of packages I let it slip, but I called in and gave them an earful. Not that they particularly care about what I have to say, but I did just receive a call back from them and they are willing to go as far as calling the driver and having him meet with me.

....and for the doubters; there was no notice left at my door stating an attempt was made....not that I wouldn't have seen him walk up my driveway to my front door.
down, right, up, left, y, b
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5833 posts
236 upvotes
I think it's too hot today to do any work.

This isn't with brown but with purolator. Nope, not even an attempt to deliver, they just randomly reschedules.

2010/07/06 16:51 Delivery Rescheduled
2010/07/06 07:48 On vehicle for delivery
2010/07/05 20:47 Left TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON
2010/07/05 20:31 Shipment In Transit
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2369 posts
2160 upvotes
Calgary
UPS delivers but the product usually comes damaged. Twice I ordered online from Costco and twice both products were banged up to hell and back.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1500 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Ive had it happen to me too, but luckily the guy came back for some reason. He said he came in the afternoon and i was home all day
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2697 posts
617 upvotes
Ottawa
seL wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 6:03 pm
What has Brown done for you lately?

Well, he's done fuggall for me. I've never been a fan of UPS because they always seem to either lose or damage something, and if your package shows up and is from another country, it's usually complimented with a COD tag for some absurd amount of money.

I think I've about had it with them, seriously. 2 days in a row I've been expecting a package and both days I've updated my tracking status to see "Receiver unavailable to sign, delivery rescheduled". What complete ********! I've been home both days, hell I was in my garage all day yesterday when they made they "attempted" delivery and was sitting in my kitchen when they made the attempt today.

Who else has had such an experience with Brown?

btw...this isn't the first time it's happened to me. The first couple of packages I let it slip, but I called in and gave them an earful. Not that they particularly care about what I have to say, but I did just receive a call back from them and they are willing to go as far as calling the driver and having him meet with me.

....and for the doubters; there was no notice left at my door stating an attempt was made....not that I wouldn't have seen him walk up my driveway to my front door.
Actually, from what I've heard (and experienced twice) that's common practice with most UPS drivers. They are paid by the hour.... up until 5/6pm (I think?)

So any deliveries they don't have time for, they just quickly mark as Person not at home, and they just head home quickly.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2020 upvotes
Nowhere
A Purolator driver told me that many times their trucks are so overpacked that there is absolutely no way they could deliver all those items in a day let alone their scheduled shift. So they do what they can. He said they were always being pushed to do more. He was an experienced driver so he would put his foot down and refuse the extra packages but many of the new drivers would take them.

UPS does deliver late. Several times I have received things at 7 pm.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4367 posts
506 upvotes
Scarborough
Well my most recent experience with UPS, I ordered a set of rims from 1010tires shipped via UPS totalling just over $800 shipped. They were just left on my front porch (I live in front of a very busy public school), called UPS and they said signature upon delivery is not required if the shipment amount is less than $1000.
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8736 posts
1268 upvotes
Victoria
flyz wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 9:18 pm
I think it's too hot today to do any work.

This isn't with brown but with purolator. Nope, not even an attempt to deliver, they just randomly reschedules.

2010/07/06 16:51 Delivery Rescheduled
2010/07/06 07:48 On vehicle for delivery
2010/07/05 20:47 Left TORONTO SORT CTR/CTR TRIE, ON
2010/07/05 20:31 Shipment In Transit
lol.. at least UPS usually tries to use my apt's buzzer (the buzzer system is integrated into the phone lines. so you can see it on call display when someone attempts to buzz in). Purolator never even attempts it. The tracking always says must schedule appointment. I even put my buzzer # in brackets beside the apt. # to make sure the delivery person can find it.

I'm usually not home for deliveries though. Canada Post is by far the easiest to pick up as they have parcel pick up centres everywhere. Mine is about 6 blocks away.

Purolator has a main depot and some other smaller centres. My distance to pick up from them is about a 15 min bus ride. not too bad.

UPS only uses their main depot, not the ups stores. Its in a commercial area way out in the northwastern outskirts of town. Its a 30ish minute bus ride, plus 15 mins walking time. Its awful. Plus all the waiting for the bus time.

Seeing as I'm not home for most deliveries, my pref. is still Canada Post because they have a great system to distributing parcels, and lots of pickup places.

UPS could be great for domestic delivery. I don't know why they don't use the UPS stores for package pickup. There's UPS stores everywhere. UPS only delivers when most people are working. Why not improve customer service and use already existing stores to improve customers experience.

Because you can only pick up at UPS depots, which are usually at the far end of cities to have cheaper lease rates. They suck for domestic delivery. The brokerage rates make them suck for international delivery as well. UPS is always my last option.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5833 posts
236 upvotes
zod wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 11:52 pm
lol.. at least UPS usually tries to use my apt's buzzer (the buzzer system is integrated into the phone lines. so you can see it on call display when someone attempts to buzz in). Purolator never even attempts it. The tracking always says must schedule appointment. I even put my buzzer # in brackets beside the apt. # to make sure the delivery person can find it.

I'm usually not home for deliveries though. Canada Post is by far the easiest to pick up as they have parcel pick up centres everywhere. Mine is about 6 blocks away.

Purolator has a main depot and some other smaller centres. My distance to pick up from them is about a 15 min bus ride. not too bad.

UPS only uses their main depot, not the ups stores. Its in a commercial area way out in the northwastern outskirts of town. Its a 30ish minute bus ride, plus 15 mins walking time. Its awful. Plus all the waiting for the bus time.

Seeing as I'm not home for most deliveries, my pref. is still Canada Post because they have a great system to distributing parcels, and lots of pickup places.

UPS could be great for domestic delivery. I don't know why they don't use the UPS stores for package pickup. There's UPS stores everywhere. UPS only delivers when most people are working. Why not improve customer service and use already existing stores to improve customers experience.

Because you can only pick up at UPS depots, which are usually at the far end of cities to have cheaper lease rates. They suck for domestic delivery. The brokerage rates make them suck for international delivery as well. UPS is always my last option.
It's actually the first time that Purolator has rescheduled. I'm just a little peeved because it was a backordered item that I happen to ship ground this time. So essentially, I was charged 2 weeks ago and i'm finally getting the item today....

The guy doing my route usually comes from 11-1 and is pretty friendly though.

With regarding the pickup distance. I have a purolator pickup place 2 mins drive from my house while UPS's depot is 30 mins. So I tend to pick purolator or CP.
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2006
2506 posts
866 upvotes
GTA
one time UPS delivered it to the WRONG address.

apparently, the driver couldn't tell which one was my apt. number and what exact street i live on....

so instead of "310-15 ABC Rd." the driver delivered the package to "apt. # 15 on 310 EFG Rd." WTF? It's a totally DIFFERENT street.

on the website the status said, "LEFT WITH WOMAN". no signature or anything.

anyways, the same driver retrived my packaged and "tried" to deliver to my apartment the next day but apparently couldn't find my buzzer number. which is BS, because I called the day before in the MORNING telling them what the buzzer code was.

no note was left on my door either.

:mad: