Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2787 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto

UPS no drop off receipts?

Does UPS not provide receipts when you drop off pre-paid packages?

I called into customer service to inquire and all the associate kept repeating was, as long as you have the tracking number that's all you need, we would be able to investigate.

She evidently didn't understand my question as she kept repeating "I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here".

When I return things through Fedex or Canada Post, they scan the package in front of me and then give me a receipt.

The receipt I suppose isn't as important as ensuring the package is scanned in front of you to confirm it's been dropped off at the location you are in, but I'd imagine the receipt would be important should the package get lost right?

The UPS location I drop my stuff at doesn't scan it nor provide any receipts - thus no proof - that I ever dropped it off. They kept saying my shipping label in my email will suffice.

That concept was beyond the associate on the phone. I don't see how having the tracking number is any use if there is no proof it was ever dropped off...in the event the UPS worker doesn't scan it for example, and it's lost/stolen.