• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2011 7:21 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 23, 2008
63 posts
42 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Shouldn't your title be Corsair- What a joke instead?

It is Corsair who either filled out the paper work wrong or didn't inform you of any duties/taxes and or brokerage that could be applied.

Couriers charges brokerage, period.....

Don't like them, don't use them.

Hope you were rude to the driver so he can make sure you get a second defective case.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2704 posts
627 upvotes
Ottawa
RFD2008 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 11:37 pm

It is Corsair who either filled out the paper work wrong or didn't inform you of any duties/taxes and or brokerage that could be applied.

Hope you were rude to the driver so he can make sure you get a second defective case.

But it's more fun for people to shoot the messenger.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4879 posts
1259 upvotes
RFD2008 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 11:37 pm

No the delivery guy is my friend. He comes once per week and we always have a 2 min chat.

Also, ups is known to charge outrageous brokerage fees, im shooting on the right corporation. Even if it wasnt a replacement, a 50% ratio fee is ridicoulus and i would have it returned for a refund.

Edit: yes it is under warranty. Paid nothing. Not the part, not the ship etc.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1100 upvotes
Coz4k wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 12:28 pm
No the delivery guy is my friend. He comes once per week and we always have a 2 min chat.

Also, ups is known to charge outrageous brokerage fees, im shooting on the right corporation. Even if it wasnt a replacement, a 50% ratio fee is ridicoulus and i would have it returned for a refund.

Edit: yes it is under warranty. Paid nothing. Not the part, not the ship etc.

The fact that you were even charged means corsair declared the package incorrectly. Their fees are outlined on their website, and a 7 dollar brokerage is less than Canada posts 8.50 you would have been charged of USPS was used.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4879 posts
1259 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 4:19 pm
The fact that you were even charged means corsair declared the package incorrectly. Their fees are outlined on their website, and a 7 dollar brokerage is less than Canada posts 8.50 you would have been charged of USPS was used.

The brokerage was 10.00$. Saw it on the paper the ups guy showed me. Who said it was 7?

Package value: 29.99
Brokerage: 10.00
Taxes:5.xx

Agree that corsair ****ed up but still doesnt change that UPS are massively abusing.

Also usps dont process 100% of their packages. Never been charged anything for items below 40$ from the us and been charged one time on 10 for package over 40$ (reasonable fees)
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
[QUOTE]still doesnt change that UPS are massively abusing[/QUOTE]

Well, case in point: Corsair Fd up here, not UPS. Thread title doesn't reflect as to what really happened.

You didn't pay anything out of your pocket and neither was charged anything.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4879 posts
1259 upvotes
O1IN85 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 5:41 pm
Well, case in point: Corsair Fd up here, not UPS. Thread title doesn't reflect as to what really happened.

You didn't pay anything out of your pocket and neither was charged anything.

Yes you are right. I didnt pay anything but i dont have the package neither.

Take the scenario that my side panel was not under warranty and i ordered it from corsair.
Does it make more sens paying 15$ of fees on something worth 30$ ?

That corsair ****ed up my order has nothing to do with the fact that ups are scammers.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3085 posts
249 upvotes
Vancouver
it is just like document fees on car purchase, a rip off from UPS
they should include it in price in the first place, not charge extra after to hit people with surprise..
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1100 upvotes
Coz4k wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 4:42 pm
The brokerage was 10.00$. Saw it on the paper the ups guy showed me. Who said it was 7?

Package value: 29.99
Brokerage: 10.00
Taxes:5.xx

Agree that corsair ****ed up but still doesnt change that UPS are massively abusing.

Also usps dont process 100% of their packages. Never been charged anything for items below 40$ from the us and been charged one time on 10 for package over 40$ (reasonable fees)

It's not UPS's fault that the CBSA forces all their packages to be cleared before entering the country.

UPS Brokerage for a package between 20.01 - 40.00 = $7
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shippi ... rance.html

Canada Posts flat rate is 8.50

Does it say brokerage or does it say bond. $10 doesn't make sense no matter how you do the math unless it was shipped express, and again either way it's corsairs fault for not knowing how to fill paperwork out properly.

To the above saying they should include it in their price, they do as long as you use their express service.

Coz4k wrote:
Nov 28th, 2011 6:05 pm
Yes you are right. I didnt pay anything but i dont have the package neither.

Take the scenario that my side panel was not under warranty and i ordered it from corsair.
Does it make more sens paying 15$ of fees on something worth 30$ ?

That corsair ****ed up my order has nothing to do with the fact that ups are scammers.
$5 of which were taxes.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.