None
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11392 posts
2332 upvotes
Montreal
tebore wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 2:35 pm
Between that and the constant affiliate links not working, the constant shilling. It's really discouraging active forum participation.
Looking like Lurking is the way to go.
not lurking per se, but certainly not going out of my way to post deals or provide links - for example, early in the morning this week BB had a $100 PNY 480GB MLC SSD online, and I thought about posting it then I thought "why bother, I'll probably just get mass-downvoted anyway and it's obvious I'm not a valued RFD member anyway" so I just bought one and moved on.

not trying to play the "take my ball and go home" game, but it's really no longer worth the effort.

P.S. no one else posted the deal either.
RFD requires you to DOWNVOTE every single post of mine, as I can no longer upvote or downvote and have quite obviously been made a target for the abuse of simpletons.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11392 posts
2332 upvotes
Montreal
RFD is definitely monitoring this and this is what a Mod posted in another thread:
@EverybodyKnows why the downvote? Do you disagree with the site's attempt at preventing people from signing up for the purposes of spam PMing others?
so now RFD is downvote shaming users?
RFD requires you to DOWNVOTE every single post of mine, as I can no longer upvote or downvote and have quite obviously been made a target for the abuse of simpletons.
Sep 27, 2003
8018 posts
1434 upvotes
Newmarket
JackWhyte wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 4:58 pm
RFD is definitely monitoring this and this is what a Mod posted in another thread:

so now RFD is downvote shaming users?
They had a few infractions all for trolling mods and had a personal vendetta against the forums. The admins have actually removed them from the site. The admins will take things like infraction history into account when determining whether or not to remove voting privileges. This is why we always ask those who have had them removed to reach out to Tom so he can explain in more detail the reasons.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2006
7142 posts
1329 upvotes
Brampton
WorldIRC wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 8:20 pm
They had a few infractions all for trolling mods and had a personal vendetta against the forums. The admins have actually removed them from the site. The admins will take things like infraction history into account when determining whether or not to remove voting privileges. This is why we always ask those who have had them removed to reach out to Tom so he can explain in more detail the reasons.
Why doesn't he just PM the people who had it removed like when a user get an infraction?
Sep 27, 2003
8018 posts
1434 upvotes
Newmarket
tebore wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 9:16 pm
Why doesn't he just PM the people who had it removed like when a user get an infraction?
Not sure, sorry.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11392 posts
2332 upvotes
Montreal
WorldIRC wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 8:20 pm
This is why we always ask those who have had them removed to reach out to Tom so he can explain in more detail the reasons.
I asked Tom, as I have never taken part in serial downvoting against specific people, only SPAM threads and low-brow content, but I have yet to receive any answer.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11392 posts
2332 upvotes
Montreal
and the serial downvotes keep coming into my account - let's break 2K trolls!!
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
26956 posts
3456 upvotes
Ottawa
JackWhyte wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 11:51 am
and the serial downvotes keep coming into my account - let's break 2K trolls!!
Don't feel bad, I got (at least) 14 down votes in Post #14 of this thread for saying "I was just searching for an old thread and noticed that folks are returning to old (months ago) posts and down voting some posts. Some sort of "get even" approach or just vindictiveness".

I was getting down votes for almost every post as well but have noticed that some of the posters that were stalking me are gone now. Maybe the Admins are doing something?
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11392 posts
2332 upvotes
Montreal
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 6:12 pm
Don't feel bad, I got (at least) 14 down votes in Post #14 of this thread
Hell, I'm on the "Quest for 2K" so downvote me now.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3271 posts
410 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 9:12 am
Hell, I'm on the "Quest for 2K" so downvote me now.
no ... sorry ... I mostly "upvote" ...
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
1950 posts
368 upvotes
Scarborough
Whenever I get a notification from someone giving me an upvote or downvote, I try to click on the link and it takes me to the first page of the thread. Is it possible for the link to direct me to the post of mine that was upvoted or downvoted so I can see what it was I said?

I constantly have to shuffle through pages to see the votes. Thanks
Sep 27, 2003
8018 posts
1434 upvotes
Newmarket
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 11:11 am
Whenever I get a notification from someone giving me an upvote or downvote, I try to click on the link and it takes me to the first page of the thread. Is it possible for the link to direct me to the post of mine that was upvoted or downvoted so I can see what it was I said?

I know the admins are aware of this one, not sure when this is slated to be corrected though. @TomRFD any insight?
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12796 posts
2930 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:

WorldIRC wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 3:51 pm
I know the admins are aware of this one, not sure when this is slated to be corrected though. @TomRFD any insight?
I noticed this too, if you click on it from notifications it happens, if you click from your profile then it usually works fine.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1332 posts
424 upvotes
Ottawa
OrangeBerry wrote:

WorldIRC wrote:

Quentin5 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 4:06 pm
I noticed this too, if you click on it from notifications it happens, if you click from your profile then it usually works fine.
Looks like it's already being addressed in this thread.

notification-link-redirect-incorrect-2065411/#p27902137
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8133 posts
12555 upvotes
Scarborough
WorldIRC wrote:
As sandav mentioned above, it is on the short list of bugs to fix. I'll hopefully have an estimate next week on when that fix will be made.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].