• Aug 30th, 2017 2:49 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11514 posts
2406 upvotes
Montreal
WorldIRC wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 8:20 pm
This is why we always ask those who have had them removed to reach out to Tom so he can explain in more detail the reasons.
I asked Tom, as I have never taken part in serial downvoting against specific people, only SPAM threads and low-brow content, but I have yet to receive any answer.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11514 posts
2406 upvotes
Montreal
and the serial downvotes keep coming into my account - let's break 2K trolls!!
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
27655 posts
3804 upvotes
Ottawa
JackWhyte wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 11:51 am
and the serial downvotes keep coming into my account - let's break 2K trolls!!
Don't feel bad, I got (at least) 14 down votes in Post #14 of this thread for saying "I was just searching for an old thread and noticed that folks are returning to old (months ago) posts and down voting some posts. Some sort of "get even" approach or just vindictiveness".

I was getting down votes for almost every post as well but have noticed that some of the posters that were stalking me are gone now. Maybe the Admins are doing something?
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11514 posts
2406 upvotes
Montreal
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 6:12 pm
Don't feel bad, I got (at least) 14 down votes in Post #14 of this thread
Hell, I'm on the "Quest for 2K" so downvote me now.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3518 posts
454 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 9:12 am
Hell, I'm on the "Quest for 2K" so downvote me now.
no ... sorry ... I mostly "upvote" ...
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2070 posts
439 upvotes
Scarborough
Whenever I get a notification from someone giving me an upvote or downvote, I try to click on the link and it takes me to the first page of the thread. Is it possible for the link to direct me to the post of mine that was upvoted or downvoted so I can see what it was I said?

I constantly have to shuffle through pages to see the votes. Thanks
Sep 27, 2003
8157 posts
1547 upvotes
Newmarket
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 11:11 am
Whenever I get a notification from someone giving me an upvote or downvote, I try to click on the link and it takes me to the first page of the thread. Is it possible for the link to direct me to the post of mine that was upvoted or downvoted so I can see what it was I said?

I know the admins are aware of this one, not sure when this is slated to be corrected though. @TomRFD any insight?
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13185 posts
3207 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:

WorldIRC wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 3:51 pm
I know the admins are aware of this one, not sure when this is slated to be corrected though. @TomRFD any insight?
I noticed this too, if you click on it from notifications it happens, if you click from your profile then it usually works fine.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1432 posts
463 upvotes
Ottawa
OrangeBerry wrote:

WorldIRC wrote:

Quentin5 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 4:06 pm
I noticed this too, if you click on it from notifications it happens, if you click from your profile then it usually works fine.
Looks like it's already being addressed in this thread.

notification-link-redirect-incorrect-2065411/#p27902137
"Doing my part to encourage civil discourse by not downvoting."
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8297 posts
12687 upvotes
Scarborough
WorldIRC wrote:
As sandav mentioned above, it is on the short list of bugs to fix. I'll hopefully have an estimate next week on when that fix will be made.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2067 posts
1046 upvotes
Richmond
OrangeBerry wrote:
The correct post number is in the link url, it just doesn't work when you click on it from your upvote list.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2067 posts
1046 upvotes
Richmond
Just passing by to see if there's anything new on downvoting. Apparently not. I upvoted a couple of posts today and was surprised to see the net vote = 0, meaning somebody must have downvoted them for no fathomable reason. Can we have a poll on the downvoting system? :)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
3991 posts
1273 upvotes
someone gave me downvotes intentionally to get 'revenge' on me (i'm not counting ) and i know this just because my most recent downvotes also include ones from 2015 LOL.

i think i know who it is because he's an Idiot. We should show usernames of ppl who have downvoted us.
Jul 5, 2013
268 posts
342 upvotes
Saint John
I commented that the Amazon Prime Day was not as great as what I expected. Then I got numerous downvotes. Why? I can not figure out....... Crying Face
Sep 27, 2003
8157 posts
1547 upvotes
Newmarket
demon1102 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 7:02 am
I commented that the Amazon Prime Day was not as great as what I expected. Then I got numerous downvotes. Why? I can not figure out....... Crying Face
Because instead of posting disagreement, people just click a button now. Hopefully we can get that list made visible to provide visibility. Still waiting on admins to review though.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller