• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 2:49 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13185 posts
3207 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 3:23 pm
@Quentin5 maybe learn the definition of desperate before using it again.
@hvwozq maybe stop contradicting yourself in this thread, now you will deny your doing it, then i will point out examples then you will explain them away then the cycle continues :facepalm:
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24418 posts
2450 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
bylo wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 5:04 pm
I think upvoting is a good way to show one's general appreciation with a post. An explanation isn't necessary but, of course, you can always give it by way of a Reply.
I rather post a thank you. The abuse of down voting has given the entire voting system no credibility in my opinion. I rather not participate. I've stopped voting since they switched to phpBB

@WorldIRC - if you can remove down votes, I would greatly appreciate if you removing my one down vote, since I have no idea of how that was given.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3637 posts
1506 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 6:24 pm
@hvwozq maybe stop contradicting yourself in this thread, now you will deny your doing it, then i will point out examples then you will explain them away then the cycle continues :facepalm:
Yeah, why don't you go ahead and point out examples? You can't even read. If I had PMed @TomRFD and had he said No, then what I am doing here would be desperation. If I wanted my downvoting ability back, I would PM him, not whine here like some people come here to do.

While you are at it, learn the difference between your and you're as well.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13185 posts
3207 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 7:48 pm
While your at it quit while your ahead (and i'm being generous by saying ahead) Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3637 posts
1506 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 7:51 pm
While you're at it quit while you're ahead (and i'm being generous by saying ahead) Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Another waste of forum space. No wonder you have almost 13k posts in ~3.5 years.
The only reason I am even replying to your nonsense is because I can't downvote. :lol:
Last edited by hvwozq on Jul 15th, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13185 posts
3207 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 7:58 pm
Another waste of forum space. The only reason I am even replying to your nonsense is because I can't downvote. :lol:
Funny that i once said you should be given that ability back Face With Tears Of Joy
hvwozq wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 7:58 pm
Another waste of forum space. No wonder you have almost 13k posts in ~3.5 years.
You make a very good point, why am i replying to you?
May 28, 2012
9371 posts
1748 upvotes
Saskatoon
Gee wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 7:39 pm
I rather post a thank you. The abuse of down voting has given the entire voting system no credibility in my opinion. I rather not participate. I've stopped voting since they switched to phpBB

@WorldIRC - if you can remove down votes, I would greatly appreciate if you removing my one down vote, since I have no idea of how that was given.
Moderators cannot remove downvotes, you can message TomRFD and he will take care of it for you.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13185 posts
3207 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 8:06 pm
Moderators cannot remove downvotes, you can message TomRFD and he will take care of it for you.
Can you tell what he downvoted, i think he can then remove himself?
May 28, 2012
9371 posts
1748 upvotes
Saskatoon
Quentin5 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 8:07 pm
Can you tell what he downvoted, i think he can then remove himself?
No, I can only see who gave him the downvotes.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13185 posts
3207 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 8:10 pm
No, I can only see who gave him the downvotes.
I see, and it would be most inefficient to check every RFD member to see who is the recipient of his downvote Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10163 posts
3100 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Mars2012 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 8:06 pm
Thanks for the clarification. I thought mods could do it too. But IIRC it was TomRFD who reset my downvote count.

(In case anyone cares, I downvoted a few posts that were clear violations of the RFD rules, e.g. blatant spam. Upon reflection there was no need to do that; Reporting them should have been sufficient.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 27, 2003
8157 posts
1547 upvotes
Newmarket
hvwozq wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 7:48 pm
Great example of trolling. Keep it up...
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Jul 29, 2007
402 posts
103 upvotes
North America
I didn't know there was a thread on this. It's got plenty of info... but here's some feedback.
There are some posts that I have created, that had a down vote or two for them.
I can understand that some might not agree to what was said, but I generally provide sound advice.

The advice I provide, usually are to help them through whatever it is or help a decision/process.
But some posters, they down vote you for apparently not much of a reason...
If it's advice that you don't want to take, it may be exactly what the other person needed...

I think I "like" the other system better where it had a "like" button, there's no upvote/downvote.
If you like it, people use that not only for "liking" the post, but to use that tool to refer back to it.
A reference tool so they can get back into review/re-reading the information that may have helped them.

TLDR - My feedback basically is, I think the upvote/downvote system works, but not ideal.
I suggest to see if there is an option to go to the "like" instead. It'll be neutral, non detrimental.
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24418 posts
2450 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Saltywetguy wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 9:19 pm
But some posters, they down vote you for apparently not much of a reason...
If it's advice that you don't want to take, it may be exactly what the other person needed...
Ignore the system and don't participate.

@TomRFD - if you find the time, please erase my single down vote, I hope I didn't do anyone an injustice by down voting accidentally
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3769 posts
448 upvotes
Aurora
Gee wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 9:55 pm
Ignore the system and don't participate.

@TomRFD - if you find the time, please erase my single down vote, I hope I didn't do anyone an injustice by down voting accidentally
Now that you mention it, I do regret giving my 6 downvotes. I feel like a dick. If I feel strongly about a post, I should've engaged the poster directly rather than hiding behind a downvote. I'll let others be the jerks going forward.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)