• Aug 30th, 2017 2:49 pm
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28416 posts
4393 upvotes
Ottawa
SickBeast wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 7:57 pm
Hey @WorldIRC unfortunately nothing was ever done about this. Also, it just happened again:

If you could please look into who is doing this I would appreciate it. Thanks.
WorldIRC wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 8:32 pm
@TomRFD any luck on your investigation with this?
Why are this persons personal down vote issues being resolved on an open thread? This is not the first time he/she has posted their down votes. and gotten some kind of resolution.
This post and http://forums.redflagdeals.com/upvote-d ... 031534/42/ and http://forums.redflagdeals.com/upvote-d ... 031534/40/
In this thread posts #600, #618 and #634

Should the issue not be done by PM to the Admins?
Or, is this the way to address what supposed abuse problems now?
It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right. - Anonymous
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13641 posts
3414 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 11:37 am
Why are this persons personal down vote issues being resolved on an open thread? This is not the first time he/she has posted their down votes. and gotten some kind of resolution.
This post and http://forums.redflagdeals.com/upvote-d ... 031534/42/ and http://forums.redflagdeals.com/upvote-d ... 031534/40/

There are benefits to public, we all know how it can be done and that its doable. It also shows the warts of the system to admins reading the thread all in one place.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28416 posts
4393 upvotes
Ottawa
Quentin5 wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 11:53 am
There are benefits to public, we all know how it can be done and that its doable. It also shows the warts of the system to admins reading the thread all in one place.
Well, there is certainly some kind of action. That person has lots of posts and discussion with Mods and Admins about their supposed problem. Makes you wonder if doing the PM thing, as has been told to do so by Mods, actually has any effect?
It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right. - Anonymous
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13641 posts
3414 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 12:00 pm
Well, there is certainly some kind of action. That person has lots of posts and discussion with Mods and Admins about their supposed problem. Makes you wonder if doing the PM thing, as has been told to do so by Mods, actually has any effect?
It usually does, but this way its public knowledge so we can point to it as tangible evidence of system abuses.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
SickBeast wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 7:57 pm
Hey @WorldIRC unfortunately nothing was ever done about this. Also, it just happened again:

If you could please look into who is doing this I would appreciate it. Thanks.
LOL...being the shitdisturber that I am., I have this overwhelming urge to tell everyone to look up your posts and downvote them also., just to hide the one loser who obviously has no real life & is stooping to troll vendetta downvoting you, haha. Honestly. Who has the time for that silliness. LOL. Incredible.

btw., upvoted., just to help you out, as I know you're seriously butthurt over these downers.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Sep 27, 2003
8294 posts
1629 upvotes
Newmarket
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 11:37 am

The user being investigated has 1500 downvotes and is clearly trolling users with them. There is a public benefit in addressing this issue to make sure other users are not targeted like in this case.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28416 posts
4393 upvotes
Ottawa
WorldIRC wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 2:03 pm
The user being investigated has 1500 downvotes and is clearly trolling users with them. There is a public benefit in addressing this issue to make sure other users are not targeted like in this case.
I get it but, should an abuser be publicly noted...if down votes are not viewable by those that get them?
It seems that you and SickBeast are discussing an individual...and that RFDer has been named.
As Quentin5 says "....its public knowledge so we can point to it as tangible evidence of system abuses." Where this is leading and where it ends will be interesting. Could you imagine what would happen if down votes extend to Off Topic :)
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10809 posts
3520 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
WorldIRC wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 2:03 pm
The user being investigated has 1500 downvotes and is clearly trolling users with them.
Two comments:
1. That took the offender a lot of effort. At an average of 10 seconds per downer, that's well over 4 hours. The offender probably suffers from psychological issues.
2. I thought RFD was monitoring downers for abuse. How did this abuser manage to get to 1,500 without detection/intervention by RFD?
There is a public benefit in addressing this issue to make sure other users are not targeted like in this case.
There's another public benefit, depending on how RFD addresses this issue: It will discourage others from going on similar downer sprees--hopefully long before they get to 1,500.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16313 posts
4951 upvotes
Ottawa
Can't argue back and forth, you can't downvote someone who you 100% legitemately disagree with, anything you post can be deleted as long as as that 1 person who is offended feels as such!
Might as well just ignore each other and visit as a guest!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4930 posts
773 upvotes
Apparently RFDers will also downvote a thread by someone who underwent cancer treatment, asking for help. This is the type of negativity that is unhelpful and makes the forum look kinda mean. BTW she did post previously in the correct forum, but no one responded, so I guess she posted in Hot Deals and finally got a reply from one of those very-helpful-posters (jory29) after the thread was moved.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/eyebrow- ... g-2115365/

Original thread that went unanswered:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/micro-bl ... s-2113279/
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1341 posts
437 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
peanutz wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 11:29 pm
Apparently RFDers will also downvote a thread by someone who underwent cancer treatment, asking for help. This is the type of negativity that is unhelpful and makes the forum look kinda mean. BTW she did post previously in the correct forum, but no one responded, so I guess she posted in Hot Deals and finally got a reply from one of those very-helpful-posters (jory29) after the thread was moved.

eyebrow-microblading-2115365/

Original thread that went unanswered:
micro-blading-eyebrows-2113279/
the downvoted post you linked to was originally in hot deals and of course would be downvoted since it's not a hot deal or deal at all
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10809 posts
3520 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Doubleshot wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:31 am
the downvoted post you linked to was originally in hot deals and of course would be downvoted since it's not a hot deal or deal at all
The most effective way to deal with that situation is to click Report and have a moderator move the thread to the appropriate forum. Downvoting doesn't accomplish that. Downvoting without also adding an explanation doesn't tell the poster what they did that violates RFD rules, doesn't get the issue resolved and takes more effort than simply Reporting the post.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Firstly, let me be clear. I am NOT complaining. I am laughing about it.

It would be fun to see who's got the "worst post", ie the one with the most downvotes?

I think I'm doing pretty good at being the contender.

I'm at -17 so far on this latest post about the ipad mini 4, lol. Sure tickles my fancy. I know I can just go and delete it, but like I said. I couldn't care less. My last awesome post was in the Bidet thread...that was a good one...but seemingly, people are more passionate about their ipads than their bidets, haha. Kids. & that's not a true count, because I've seen a few upvotes on it, so only nets out to 17.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Sep 27, 2003
8294 posts
1629 upvotes
Newmarket
bylo wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:50 am
The most effective way to deal with that situation is to click Report and have a moderator move the thread to the appropriate forum. Downvoting doesn't accomplish that. Downvoting without also adding an explanation doesn't tell the poster what they did that violates RFD rules, doesn't get the issue resolved and takes more effort than simply Reporting the post.
In fact, if a post is reported and we move it, the OP would get an automated PM explaining that we moved the thread (which would signal it was in the wrong place).
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1487 posts
368 upvotes
Brampton, ON
When I have to delete a post or even delete a thread I started there is a box that appears which asks for a reason. Granted I don't need to put anything in that box but perhaps that same system but tweaked can be used for providing a reason for a downvote.