• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 2:49 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9653 posts
3958 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I like the thread scores, cheap or expensive. Obviously I don't rely on them, I'll read replies if I'm interested. It's better than nothing.

Case in point, I bought a power bank the other day, it was freshly posted and had 2 replies. I didn't post in it so received no notifications. I saw the thread again today and it was in negative score, so I started reading. I realized that the brand wasn't reliable and I should just spend a bit more elsewhere, well that's important to me as I have a much older power bank and it still works flawlessly, so I cancelled my Amazon order.

If the score wasn't there, I might have just skipped the thread, assumed that power banks are power banks and they're all reliable like the one I already have.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5125 posts
1200 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Don't mind the up vote and down vote function. For threads, it provides feedback imo. It sometimes helps me judge whether the deal is a deal or no deal. I don't always have time to read through every single post so this function helps summarize things. As for particular posts, well, if someone posts a thought or opinion on a public forum, it will be open to scrutiny. Well no one likes down votes, but that comes along with up votes.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10268 posts
3168 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Go to your Profile and click the blue upvote thumb icon at the top right. That toggles to show downvotes but, of course, without any indication of who or why.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36490 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
bylo wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 4:25 pm
Go to your Profile and click the blue upvote thumb icon at the top right. That toggles to show downvotes but, of course, without any indication of who or why.
OH thats a button!
TRied it. WOW I got a lot of random downvotes that make NO sense.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10268 posts
3168 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 6:48 pm
OH thats a button!
<SARCASM>
Yeah. It's some junior UI designer's idea of "clever."
</SARCASM>
Q.E.D.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13284 posts
3265 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 6:48 pm
OH thats a button!
Welcome to the club :facepalm:
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
We're in final internal discussions now on the removal of down votes on replies. Should hopefully have a definitive answer on its fate towards the end of next week.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36490 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 9:41 pm
Welcome to the club :facepalm:
kinton-ramen-do-you-like-ramen-half-pri ... #p28089906

GEt a kicker out of this... I posted a deal that gives a 50% discount @ a VERY Extremely popular Japanese restaurant.
It got downvoted just because they restaurant is so damn popular, they get line ups... LINE UPS... That is the reason people down voted...
Also the little snots saying dumb ish like "Oh hey... The Japanese food is better in Japan... I'm so special.. Because I live in MOmmy's basement. So I can afford to spend my allowance money on trips to JApan! I sleep with my mom at night because I'm a little baby that wears diapers.. Waahhh waahhh".
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10268 posts
3168 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 7:36 pm
GEt a kicker out of this... I posted a deal that gives a 50% discount @ a VERY Extremely popular Japanese restaurant.
It got downvoted just because they restaurant is so damn popular, they get line ups... LINE UPS... That is the reason people down voted...
You must have been downvoted by someone who used Yogi Berra logic, "Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore because it's too crowded."
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3825 posts
465 upvotes
Aurora
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 7:36 pm
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/kinton- ... #p28089906

Also the little snots saying dumb ish like "Oh hey... The Japanese food is better in Japan... I'm so special.. Because I live in MOmmy's basement. So I can afford to spend my allowance money on trips to JApan! I sleep with my mom at night because I'm a little baby that wears diapers.. Waahhh waahhh".
LOL. I feel your pain. But the guy, Ponasa, who posted that he made his own (probably 40 cent instant noodles) got a net downvote of 30. Pretty funny.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3825 posts
465 upvotes
Aurora
TomRFD wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 11:58 am
We're in final internal discussions now on the removal of down votes on replies. Should hopefully have a definitive answer on its fate towards the end of next week.
Will existing downvote counts be retained or wiped?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9653 posts
3958 upvotes
Southern Ontario
omg lmao, bacon/greenpeppers/instant noodles, and I was also educated about premium ramen, thanks for pointing the thread out here

Ya, some downvotes make no sense, up'ing you there, cheers!
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27704 posts
773 upvotes
Dildo, NL
AncasterRFD wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 6:05 pm
... I was also educated about premium ramen, ....
whoa...back it up there a bit...premium ramen?

Downvoting cuz I wasn't personally invited to the learning experience.

lol., jk
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8364 posts
12707 upvotes
Scarborough
DiceMan wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 5:51 pm
Will existing downvote counts be retained or wiped?
Likely wiped. If removed there'd be no sense in keeping that data. At least not publicly.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].